Go Fund Me for James and Betsy Nelson - Page 2

Go Fund Me for James and Betsy Nelson

This is a discussion on Go Fund Me for James and Betsy Nelson within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Done....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Go Fund Me for James and Betsy Nelson

Done.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

VIP Member
    Let's try to triple that modest goal.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Sponsor
    I just want to thank each of you folks from the bottom of my heart, it means alot right now.
    Ok to a update - My wifes surgery was aborted as they found cancer in her lung aswell as the original esophagus cancer so they ran more test, biopsy's and petscans and it did not turn out as we had hoped and prayed for.
    Originally she was diagnosed with stage 2 esophageal cancer so it was chemo, radiation then surgery to remove it and she had a real good chance but as it turned out in 7 weeks the cancer has turned into stage 4 metastatic cancer and has spread to both lungs. With no treatment the doctor gives her 6 - 9 months to live but she is undergoing chemo once again to try and get it in remission. Her doctor is 70 - 80% sure he can get it into remission but believes with this being such an aggressive cancer it will only last a month or so at best.
    Now we are by no means giving up and are going to try every and anything that we can to give her a better chance, her doctor has recommended trying cbd oil from the hemp plant for one out of the box idea and we are looking at a natural treatment in Mexico that her Oncologist speaks highly of as well. We are keeping our faith and praying each and ever day that we can still beat this nasty battle. The chemo has already started making her very ill and this is only the second treatment.
    Several of the meds currently are not covered by her insurance nor are some of the treatments we are weighing out so its cutting us deep financially right now.
    When I get a chance I am still trying to do what leather work I can get done but right now I don't have any help with my wife and its going to be this way for a little while, my mother had helped on her first battle but my mother is getting up there in age and starting to show signs of Alzheimer's, My sister who was helping when she could is dealing with a very sick daughter (my Niece) who has some bad medical issue that have come up, My youngest Son is now currently the only one employed in his house hold of his wife and 4 year old son.
    I hope yall can bare with me on orders as much as possible and I will get them all completed but please put yourself in my situation and ask yourself what would you do?
    God bless you all and please keep us in your prayers, Thank you MR Dunaway for setting this up brother.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonHolsters View Post
    I just want to thank each of you folks from the bottom of my heart, it means alot right now.
    Ok to a update - My wifes surgery was aborted as they found cancer in her lung aswell as the original esophagus cancer so they ran more test, biopsy's and petscans and it did not turn out as we had hoped and prayed for.
    Originally she was diagnosed with stage 2 esophageal cancer so it was chemo, radiation then surgery to remove it and she had a real good chance but as it turned out in 7 weeks the cancer has turned into stage 4 metastatic cancer and has spread to both lungs. With no treatment the doctor gives her 6 - 9 months to live but she is undergoing chemo once again to try and get it in remission. Her doctor is 70 - 80% sure he can get it into remission but believes with this being such an aggressive cancer it will only last a month or so at best.
    Now we are by no means giving up and are going to try every and anything that we can to give her a better chance, her doctor has recommended trying cbd oil from the hemp plant for one out of the box idea and we are looking at a natural treatment in Mexico that her Oncologist speaks highly of as well. We are keeping our faith and praying each and ever day that we can still beat this nasty battle. The chemo has already started making her very ill and this is only the second treatment.
    Several of the meds currently are not covered by her insurance nor are some of the treatments we are weighing out so its cutting us deep financially right now.
    When I get a chance I am still trying to do what leather work I can get done but right now I don't have any help with my wife and its going to be this way for a little while, my mother had helped on her first battle but my mother is getting up there in age and starting to show signs of Alzheimer's, My sister who was helping when she could is dealing with a very sick daughter (my Niece) who has some bad medical issue that have come up, My youngest Son is now currently the only one employed in his house hold of his wife and 4 year old son.
    I hope yall can bare with me on orders as much as possible and I will get them all completed but please put yourself in my situation and ask yourself what would you do?
    God bless you all and please keep us in your prayers, Thank you MR Dunaway for setting this up brother.
    Sorry to hear that the news wasn't more positive. Thanks for keeping us all updated.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Sponsor
    I wish I could spend more time on orders and the forum to keep everyone updated more often but this has been very time consuming with her treatments and her being sick.
    Oh and Hospice has taken over her pain management and alot of her medical care as far as her not having to go out to her doctors appointments with the exception on the chemo.
    Her immune system is in very bad shape right now.
    Emotionally we are a mess at times with the what if's
    She had the surgery on the 20th of November and they did remove a section of one lung to try and remove that cancer but her incisions still have not healed up so this is how bad her immune system is in right now.

James, we’re very sorry you and Betsy are going through this. You remain in our prayers.

Sister and I wish you a blessed Christmas.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

Still lifting y’all up.
    And praying for both His will and a healing miracle.
    Sorry for all you and your lovely bride are going through.
    Cancer sucks!
    Old Man, nralifer4570 and Sister like this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

James, you and Betsy are in our prayers. Sure wish for better news in the near future. As for the holster work, please don't let that gnaw at you, there are more important things to focus on. I'm in no rush so please slide my order to the bottom of the pile and don't think about it until after better days arrive and you two have caught your breath from this ordeal. - Gary K
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

VIP Member
    Several people over on PDF have objected to the "Go Fund Me" because of GFM's fees. They prefer to help the Nelsons without enriching GFM. PDF has posted James & Betsy's address for those who wish to "send a blessing" but don't want to fund the "Go Fund Me" site.

I leave it to @ThirdShift (thank you for starting this BTW) and the site administration whether or not to take the same avenue here on DC.

I am sure James is having a rough go, at this time, and he can use our support; in whatever form it takes.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Another option to avoid transfer fees: use PayPay if you have a linked bank account and email James a money transfer to "family and friends".

I preferred using the GFM option... it gets him the money with the least work on his end, and keeps my donation amount anonymous.
    msgt/ret and Old Man like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I, for one, am grateful it was posted at the other site. It was from there that I initially was made aware of the fundraising effort. I pray for the Nelson family daily. I wish I lived closer so I could help.
    Old Man likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

@ James;

You mentioned Mexico. Please google “Gerson Therapy”, they have a place in Mexico and possibly in the states not sure but will look. Dr. Gerson cured his own cancer, his daughter is in her 90s and you can catch her on YouTube. I believe in what they are talking about, it’s a cure with food! Mass quantities of micro nutrients. I make these drinks and can tell you they do make you feel better, the required amount for cancer will take a team to make up - the quantities of food they give you is too difficult for one person to handle. The three main ingredients are ABC, Apples Beats and Carrots. seriously, look into it - I believe in cancer cures the Bible says there are cures for us in the things God put on this earth.

((((big hug)))) for you and Betty, sending our love and prayers.

link below is a doctor speaking about it and pictures of folks that got cured. Links for Charlotte Gerson there too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ShqKk3fasZA
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Sponsor
    I think that is one of the treatment s we have been going over with her oncoligest, he pointed it out. We are shooting to have something setup so as soon as she can handle the trip after chemo to move forward to a treatment and hopefully a cure with such. Her oncoligest is working pretty hard on the alternative treatments and trying to help us decide we're to go as there are many cancer treatments in Mexico that are a scammer and many that are good so it's a tuff thing to navigate. The one place we are researching starts out at $20000 and no insurance is going to cover that.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Sister likes this.

This is a link to the juicer we got below, works good but should for $300. Prolly find it less on Amazon (folks we need to spring for some kind of juicer for them possibly). Not sure if your doctor wants any done at home - again, one person alone cannot produce the amount needed for cancer not possible to stand that long. Having one at home did make the both of us feel better and I was thinking of you too. Caregivers need lots of taking care of too

https://www.breville.com/us/en/produ...ers/800je.html
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Sponsor
    One of the things we keep running into is just about all the treatments inside the US are based on the FDA approved drugs only and don't cover much natural treatments. So this makes it even harder. I do know 2 people who have went from one foot in the grave to healthy today from the help of natural treatments, we are going the normal mefical treatment route and adding the others to help. We may be grasping at this point but I do fully believe in God and miricals and we are not giving up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links