Teen suicide - Page 2

Teen suicide

This is a discussion on Teen suicide within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Pete63 My BEST friend for decades went into a downward spiral, ending in eating his dad's 1911. Ditto and Im still pissed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Teen suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    My BEST friend for decades went into a downward spiral, ending in eating his dad's 1911.
    Ditto and Im still pissed off.
    Pete63 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Just a quick update. The young lady is out of ICU and was moved to an inpatient rehabilitation center this afternoon.
    Praying she will accept the help that is offered.
    My Daughter is in much better spirits since hearing that her friend made it and is getting the help she needs.
    That's good to hear. Also tell her that usually the people that say they want to die or commit suicide are reaching out for help in their own way. They still might be stubborn, try to resist help, and even could still get worse, but they are saying something.

I'm almost 57 and my best friend since middle school committed suicide almost five years ago. He had closed a business and was having trouble figuring out what to do. Took a couple jobs that didn't really work out well for him, but I figured he would find his way. He NEVER said a word about suicide or wanting to die. He was always smiling and helping anyone with anything they needed. I knew he was a little lonely since he never married and was just in a brief relationship that had recently ended. His parents lived just a couple blocks from him and he had a great relationship with them.

His dad couldn't get a hold of him one day so he drove over to his house around the corner and found that he hung himself with a ski rope from his bedroom door. He was an avid barefooter and pretty good at it. He was also a .44 Magnum revolver kind of guy too and that was my first thought when found out, but didn't know how he did it. I felt he was too proud of a gun owner to use a gun and that's how it turned out.

The reason I am saying this is my friend really decided to kill himself and made sure it would happen without giving anyone a warning. I still think I should have known and feel some guilt, but the reality is he wouldn't want me to feel that way. Your daughter still has an opportunity to help her friend and hopefully make enough difference for her to get better.
    Glenn

FAS1 SAFE

Prayers sent for all yall.
    OldChap and TSKnight like this.
    Beware of people who brag about who they are. A lion will never have to tell you he is a lion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Thanks,

School starts next week. The young Lady has been home from treatment about a month and my Daughter has had a chance to visit, laugh and cry with her.
    This same group of girls lost one of their circle to cancer this summer. I've been watching them face life's challenges this summer and am proud to see them pull together as Friends.

As much as we want to shelter our children from the perils of this world; it is through those times that they often grow the most.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Prayers the young lady pulls through and recovers.

Being a teen is hard with everything that they deal with. From bullying, peer pressure, to social media and fake friends on top of school pressure. Kids just need to be kids. Wish all kids could see their value and worth in life. Even in the darkest days, the sun still rises.
    OldChap and TSKnight like this.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

I made this my own advice, as it comes from one much wiser than I, but it is still excellent:

"God never promised to calm all your storms, He just offers His hand so that you can walk through them with Him."

I always seek to lead people to the One whose hand is much stronger than mine when they face tough times.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I made this my own advice, as it comes from one much wiser than I, but it is still excellent:

"God never promised to calm all your storms, He just offers His hand so that you can walk through them with Him."

I always seek to lead people to the One whose hand is much stronger than mine when they face tough times.
    I've held that hand. Thanks for the reminder.
    OldChap likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Ex Member
    When it is evident that a person is considering suicide the next step is to stop trying to counsel and get professional help involved fast. You might lose a friend, but you might save a life. Proactive responses are needed to stop suicides. I have a good friend that called me one night to say his wife had left him and left a note that she hated him. He called me to say. I told him not to do anything and that I was on my way. I called the police. When I got to his house the police had already arrived, broken through the locked door and were carrying him to a car to rush him to the hospital. His stomach was pumped and he spent 6 mis under involuntary commitment. five years later he was remarried and living a happy life, I had lunch with him last week. Al it takes is action to prevent a likely suicide.
    OldChap and msgt/ret like this.

Lost three fellow firefighters to suicide so far. None of them reached out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links