DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

The kennel got smaller today

Thread: The kennel got smaller today

Tags:

kukla said:
    Terrible sorry for the loss.
    Priscilla, Rest in Peace.
    I'm very happy that you all had great lives together.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
    .....author unknown
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

OD* said:
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I can't say all I feel and believe about this, so I'll just nutshell.

One truth I have learned is that God is absolutely just. He always does the right thing. He created animals and thought enough of them to have Adam name them (Genesis). I don't know specifically WHY God created animals, but I do know that many of them reveal a love to us that is far beyond human ability - indeed almost God-like. If animals have no place in His creation, or in heaven, then why did He create them? And more to the point, why would He be in the process of redeeming all of His creation and yet leave a part of that creation out of the process?

All that aside. There is a simple answer to the "only souls allowed in heaven" argument. Almost everyone agrees man was created in the image of God - body, soul, spirit. (three distinct parts of one being) But if only those beings with souls are allowed in heaven, what about angels? They are not said to be created in the image of God - that distinction is reserved for man. Angels most definitely reside in heaven - creatures who serve the Creator.

I don't know if the picture of the Rainbow Bridge is Biblically accurate or not. I know that the sentiment expressed therein is consistent with the fact that God is unconditionally just. And with that, please accept my deep concern for your loss - everyone who has lost a beloved pet. My avatar is evidence of just how deeply I cared for one little pup. I know that heaven will be infinitely beautiful, but for me, it will be infinitely +1 more beautiful if I can see her again some day along with all those who have gone before me.

May God bring His peace to your hearts this very hour.
    Beautiful.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

scottync said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Dogs become members of our families. I know how hard it is for them to depart. Condolences @gasmitty for your loss.
    Especially when they help you raise, watch and protect your kids. Not to mention everyone’s best buddy.

vminghelli2 said:
    I'm very sorry to hear that. They truly are man's best friend.
    My dad told me growing up, when we had to put down our German Shepard,
    " he was a once in a life time dog."
    I really didn't understand what he ment until April 15th of this year. I lost my German Shepard, Krauser, to Lupus. He was only 6. I was with him until his last breath. He was with me pretty much 24/7 for the last two years. Being there for him at the end was the least I could do.
    Once again, sorry for your loss. It's never easy seeing them go.

CAS_Shooter said:
    Sorry for your loss. We suffered a similar loss recently. Unconditional love. Loyalty. An inherent response to human emotion. Dogs provide more than what can be said in words about them. Priscilla sounds like a very special friend.

ButtShot14 said:
    Ah gasmitty, that post got me teary. So sorry for the passing of Priscilla. Dogs are angels. What a beautiful, touching obit. I have no doubts we will be with our beloved dogs again. I'm sure there are angels in Heaven. What a blessing she was to you for all those wonderful years.

ButtShot14 said:
    Prayers and strength sent for you Huski92. Sorry to hear about Macey. It is so heart wrenching to lose them. Dogs are angels.

Black Knight said:
    I am so sorry to hear they news. My family has been there many times with dogs and cats. We will be there again. They feel the same as many of us when the time comes. Being there for them is in my opinion the most humane thing we can do. We will pray for you and your family. Take care and stay safe.

buckwheatpaul said:
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I certainly hope you are right.

Many years ago I was in a catechism class and pets in Heaven came up, the "teacher" said there would be no pets in Heaven for they have no souls, I told her that would not be my Heaven, but it would be my Hell. Never went back.
    I dont know how you can look at a dog and not see the soul in them. Labs only want to please and proud to be with you. They do not let you have a bad day either! I believe they will be there the problme that I will face is sooooo many great dogs and only two hands to pet them all!

Cornhusker95 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Our aging Lab Priscilla let us know in the wee hours this morning that it was her time.

Lots of dogs in my history, but I never had one as dedicated to my existence as Lady P. I was with her until after she drew her last breath, the least I could do for this incredibly faithful friend. A very sad day here, as many of you know well.
    Man that stinks...My thoughts are with you sir

OlCop said:
    My very deepest sympathy for your loss.
    “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them.” John Wayne - The Shootist

"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." Seneca

Encore2016 said:
    This is a long hard road, I've walked it myself a couple of times. I'm very sorry for your both of your losses, Miss P and Macey. Now I will go give my Katie another hug and a good brushing whether she wants it or not.

glockman10mm said:
    Very sorry for you Gary.

These times come, and we know they are coming, yet they always arrive too early.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

CavemanBob said:
    Sorry for your loss. I know the pain only too well.
    Arsenal? That's not an arsenal, that's my gun collection! John Wick, now he has an arsenal.

NRA Patron member

wmhawth said:
    I'm so sorry for the pain you feel in losing Lady P. A dog or any other precious animal friend is with us for a short time and then they're gone leaving a big empty space. I'm sorry for the sadness that I know you are feeling.