DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

The kennel got smaller today

Thread: The kennel got smaller today

Tags:

gasmitty said:

The kennel got smaller today

Our aging Lab Priscilla let us know in the wee hours this morning that it was her time.

Lots of dogs in my history, but I never had one as dedicated to my existence as Lady P. I was with her until after she drew her last breath, the least I could do for this incredibly faithful friend. A very sad day here, as many of you know well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

halem1 said:
    It's amazing how an animal really does become a family member. Sorry for your loss!
    Me: "..and that brings us back to the age old question, how much ammo should you carry or how much is enough, doesn't it? Lol "
    AzQkr: "
    The age old questions answer is carry more, not less. For if more isn't enough, less surely won't be. lol"

OD* said:
    You have my deepest condolences, Gary, I know very well of what you speak.

Anyone that says money can't buy happiness, has never bought a puppy.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Mike1956 said:
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”

― Will Rogers
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

airslot said:
    Tough day for sure. Rest easy Miss P.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Old Man said:
    Dogs become members of our families. I know how hard it is for them to depart. Condolences @gasmitty for your loss.

PhaedrusIV said:
    So sorry, Smitty. This stuff is ROUGH.

We're still mourning our chocolate Labradoodle, Daisy. We lost her five years ago, and we miss her every single day.

We have never had a better friend. Daisy was there to greet Priscilla, in Doggy Heaven.

- testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

JeffreyR said:
    I know the pain all to well. So sorry for your loss.
    This is by the ashes of our boys....Tomorrow 5/16 marks the day Our Digger left us 7 yrs ago...miss him dearly and everyday....

Rock and Glock said:
    Gary, I am so sorry for your loss. Miss P sounds like the wonderful loving companion you so deserve. My heart goes out to you. Godspeed.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Huski92 said:
    My deepest sympathy. It’s always hard.

We are going to have to let our Macey go tomorrow. Love that girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

RETSUPT99 said:
    Gary, I know what you're going through. Losing our faithful canine friends is so difficult because they truly become full family members.
    Hang in there...
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

ColoradoDiablo said:
    There are few things worse than losing a faithful companion. So sorry for your loss.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

OD* said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Huski92 View Post
    My deepest sympathy. It’s always hard.

We are going to have to let our Macey go tomorrow. Love that girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very sorry to hear this.

God bless.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Rock and Glock said:
    So sorry for Macey too. 😢

The only thing these threads are good for is to remind us of the friends we’ve lost, and to sympathize currently with the grieving owners of today.

So sorry for you.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Shootnlead said:
    Sorry to hear this...it is really tough losing them. Prayers for you and the family.

And, I absolutely LOVE your memorial for her...very fitting for a faithful companion!

The kennel got smaller today-59846429_2433181620049063_61849964308856832_n.jpg
    Last edited by Shootnlead; May 16th, 2019 at 03:07 AM.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton