Going nuclear tomorrow

Going nuclear tomorrow

This is a discussion on Going nuclear tomorrow within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Going for an Indium scan, sounds like the word Indian with a lisp. From my understanding they suck out your blood, split it into races ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: Going nuclear tomorrow

Going nuclear tomorrow

Going for an Indium scan, sounds like the word Indian with a lisp.

From my understanding they suck out your blood, split it into races (white/red) then infect the white cells with nuclear glow worms then set them off in my body and take pictures.

Sounds racist to me. If the white ones donít come back, do you think I can run for office like Elizabeth Warren as a full blooded Indium?

Seriously, am a bit nervous and if anyone wants to share if they have had this done Iím willing to listen. Heck, the hospital didnít know what it was and the doctors office had to make the appt.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Havenít had it done myself, but Iím pretty sure a couple of relatives have had similar imaging, and they didnít develop superpowers or anything. It sounds scary, but radiation exposure is pretty common in medical tests and procedures.
    Sister, msgt/ret, CWOUSCG and 2 others like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

The good news is you won't need a nightlight after the procedure.
    Pete63, Sister, msgt/ret and 8 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Havenít had it done myself, but Iím pretty sure a couple of relatives have had similar imaging, and they didnít develop superpowers or anything. It sounds scary, but radiation exposure is pretty common in medical tests and procedures.

Thank you maxwell97. Didnít seem common because when we tried to make an appt the hospital, a big one in Houston, their appointment dept having that done was clueless - we spelled it for them as we had not heard of it before either. I had to phone my doctors office and have them call and talk to the hospital. The fact that the woman that made the schedule didnít know made me more nervous.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

VIP Member
    @Sister , I'll be praying that this test will help in your long road to a healthier life. (also hope you don't keep CWO awake at night with your "glow in the dark" characteristics!)
    Sister, CWOUSCG, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

flh
    I think she is hot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Going nuclear tomorrow-img_1626.jpg  

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

flh
    Prayers for great news
    Sister, CWOUSCG, OldChap and 2 others like this.

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

I haven't had that, but I've had a nuclear heart scan. I was injected with a radioactive substance and put in what looked like a scaled down MRI machine. It was no big deal.
    Sister, Instymp, CWOUSCG and 4 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Iíve never had one myself but here is a link. From the article it appears the scan is to find specific areas of infection, hope everything checks out okay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indium-111_WBC_scan
    Pete63, Sister, CWOUSCG and 5 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

If the white cells don't come back, they never loved you to begin with.

I had a pet scan once. I don't why I got the scan if they thought my dog was sick, but scan me they did. That was when I found out the green, glowing tracer they use would set off a radiation detector the trucker cops all carried.
    Sister, CWOUSCG, OldChap and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    @Sister , my wife had persistent pain in a couple areas on her body. They did that scan in her to detect just where the white cells collect because that is the site of the inflammation and then they can diagnose the cause whic can be infection. She had not side effects and it did lead to treatment that ended her problem. You can read about the process here:

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedi...an+of+the+Body
    Last edited by OD*; June 20th, 2019 at 09:37 AM.
    Pete63, msgt/ret, Sister and 5 others like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.

Thanks for the links msgt/ret and 1942bull, much appreciated, being allergic to just about everything and having test go wrong leaves miss-trust with doctors on my end.

1942bull thanks for letting me know your wife did good with it, sounds like what they are doing. Kinda cool that it can be done but freakish too.
    msgt/ret, OldChap, BamaT and 1 others like this.
    Trust God.

Think about it.

Maybe time to put faith in your Doctor?
    Hire a good one & for peace of mind, what I do is don't Google it or what symptoms leads to what or any thing you might have.
    Get a great Doctor & do what he/she tells you to do, sorta like an Attorney. Otherwise you can drive yourself nuts.
    Best to you Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Going for an Indium scan, sounds like the word Indian with a lisp.

From my understanding they suck out your blood, split it into races (white/red) then infect the white cells with nuclear glow worms then set them off in my body and take pictures.

Sounds racist to me. If the white ones donít come back, do you think I can run for office like Elizabeth Warren as a full blooded Indium?

Seriously, am a bit nervous and if anyone wants to share if they have had this done Iím willing to listen. Heck, the hospital didnít know what it was and the doctors office had to make the appt.
    Is this man your doctor ???

CWOUSCG, OldChap, GpTom and 7 others like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Continuing prayers from this house to yours.
    CWOUSCG, Sister and Pete63 like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links