Opening our home to Foster children - Page 3

Opening our home to Foster children

This is a discussion on Opening our home to Foster children within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet My wife says fostering me is enough work. I would definitely agree with her:)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Opening our home to Foster children

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    My wife says fostering me is enough work.
    I would definitely agree with her:)
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I would definitely agree with her:)
    It's my calling to keep her busy. Full time busy!
    G-man* likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Unfortunately, I can only click the "Like" button once. My utmost respect to you.

I am curious though. Considering this is a forum dedicate to people that carry firearms; what requirements are there of you regarding firearms? I would assume that all firearms and ammunition must be secured at all times. Are you allowed to carry while in your home? If you choose not to answer - I understand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho41 View Post
    Unfortunately, I can only click the "Like" button once. My utmost respect to you.

I am curious though. Considering this is a forum dedicate to people that carry firearms; what requirements are there of you regarding firearms? I would assume that all firearms and ammunition must be secured at all times. Are you allowed to carry while in your home? If you choose not to answer - I understand.
    Refer to page 1, where you will find the answer sir.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    Good for you. My wife and I are fosters as well. We desperately wanted to adopt the little girl that was in our care for 1.75 years. The state filed for termination and her lawyers kept delaying the hearing giving the mother a last chance to get sober. Since she was sober, the courts decided to return her to her mother. I have no idea why the mother (and father) couldn't get sober during the previous 2 years the child was removed from the home. It broke our hearts to see that sweet little girl go back to a parent that will likely start using drugs in the next few months. We pray for her every day.
    And that is why I couldn't do it! DR. Good for those that can though. I wish you all luck. DR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links