Television Show With Realistic Firearms Handling? - Page 2

Television Show With Realistic Firearms Handling?

This is a discussion on Television Show With Realistic Firearms Handling? within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MJK “The Unit” starring Dennis Haysbert. The series is available on Amazon Prime. Loved that show and hated they cancelled it. Thought ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Television Show With Realistic Firearms Handling?

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    “The Unit” starring Dennis Haysbert. The series is available on Amazon Prime.
    Loved that show and hated they cancelled it. Thought they did a bang up job on the show.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

The only realistic use of firearms I have seen on TV was the show “Delicious Destinations” with Andrew Zimmern, he and a few others actually took shotguns out into a field and harvested the pheasants he prepared.
    OD* and OldChap like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post
    Is there a television show that has realistic firearm handling? I know that there are several movies that have pretty lit realistic firearms handling and gunfight scenes: Heat, Lone Survivor, Collateral.
    However, I haven't found too many television shows which show realistic gun handling. It bugs me when they get basic stuff wrong. You know, all the shows that have the sound of cops cocking the hammer on their Glocks. I watched the first season of Bosch and thought that was OK.
    Any suggestions?
    The problem with Bosch is everyone has their magazines loading into their pouches backwards. You wonder who their technical advisor is...
    OD* likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Yes, that is a good show. The ctors make it look like they know what they are doing.
    We watched an episode last night in which Jonas loads a mag into his custom 1911, racks a round into the chamber, and then flips the manual safety on. I’ll forgive that he didn’t use a Barney mag to top it off!
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurgeMan View Post
    My favorite part is when they have shootouts that last like 4 or 5 minutes, but not a single person has to reload ever. For me this is probably the most realistic scene in a movie.
    Was that OJ assembling his weapon during the firefight????????
    " Keep Packin' On The Bimah"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 1821-H O-3

"DISLOYAL JEW"

Quote Originally Posted by simple_man17 View Post
    The problem with Bosch is everyone has their magazines loading into their pouches backwards. You wonder who their technical advisor is...
    But it's a GREAT cop show.
    simple_man17 and MB53 like this.
    " Keep Packin' On The Bimah"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 1821-H O-3

"DISLOYAL JEW"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    But it's a GREAT cop show.
    It is at that. I just wish they would fix that one nagging issue.

You have to be a bit more specific, are you asking about safe and correct gun handling or are you asking about realistic gun handling?

For realistic handling you have to look no further than any of the current reality cop shows like Cops, Live PD, or First Responder Live. Almost every time LE comes across a handgun the cringe factor goes through the roof, muzzle to palm when clearing, looking for safeties on Glocks, and tucking semi-autos in their waistband before clearing and still trying to control the person they took it off of. That's not to say that all of the LE out there are clueless but there's a fair percentage that could use some refresher courses.

That sadly is realistic gun handling. Safe and correct gun handling is a rare sight in most all shows reality or otherwise.

Let's get back to firing off a few rounds in the air for crowd control.
    msgt/ret, OldChap and OD* like this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Strike Back.
    Obiwan likes this.

@NC Bullseye I've told the tale several times on here, but the times I felt closest to getting shot were when we had officers who were NOT gun savvy at all trying to make weapons safe.

The phrase, "I feared for my life" was a gross understatement.
    Old Man and OD* like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    @NC Bullseye I've told the tale several times on here, but the times I felt closest to getting shot were when we had officers who were NOT gun savvy at all trying to make weapons safe.

The phrase, "I feared for my life" was a gross understatement.
    OldChap likes this.

"Seal Team" seemed to have their gun handling down correctly. Miss that show. Hope it comes back for another season.

Last night on COPS I watch a cop run the serial number on what was obviously a pump up PELLET PISTOL!

About NCIS (the original) - Someone please advise GIBBS to cock the hammer on his 1911 before doing a dynamic entry. He never carries condition 1.

+1 on Strike Back.

I do hate the clicks and clacks when taking the safety off on a GLOCK. Agree about them always racking the slide before going into "action". It's never just a press check.

How do ALL of the bad guys in NYC always get firearms? This is especially obvious on the new FBI show.

How do all of the bad guy gangs find all the NFA weapons? It's always new high end stuff - not WW2 bring backs.
    Bozz10mm likes this.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Unless it's life or death related, it's all B.S.!

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozz10mm View Post
    "Seal Team" seemed to have their gun handling down correctly. Miss that show. Hope it comes back for another season.
    I like it too, and it is coming back for another season.
    Should be on in a few weeks. They just aired the last 2 episodes from last season about a week ago to get everyone up to date.
    Just love Sonny Quinn, the good ol boy from Texas
    Bozz10mm likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links