Suicide - Page 2

Suicide

This is a discussion on Suicide within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CG11 Damien83, thank you for your courage and willingness to help in posting your story. It is, aside from details, quite similar ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Damien83, thank you for your courage and willingness to help in posting your story. It is, aside from details, quite similar to my own. My third tour of Nam brought me home with survivors guilt and a rage I could barely control. I had no idea what was happening, and at that time no one wanted to even admit to being a Viet vet;every employer just assumed you were messed up. I choose risky activities for recreation, not caring, selfishly, of what might happen to me. I was blessed in that I did not get seriously injured or killed. (racing motorcycles, etc.) Unfortunately, I believed as you did that as a man, I just had to suck it up. I fought it, alone, for several years, until a violent confrontation with myself brought me to a point of understanding in which I was able to recover over the next few years. I wish I had had the courage, and/or knowledge, to seek help; it would have put me on a better path far sooner. The guilt and rage are gone; the memories reconciled, and at 70, I have been at peace for many years. Folks, if you are suffering these feelings, rage, guilt, etc, seek help - the living hell that comes with it can be put to rest. Thank you again, Damien83; it's a story I suspect many of us should have already posted.
    Risky activities was something I also did. The riskier the better. It was like a temporary relief and major rush. I was fighting, going places with a chip on my shoulder looking to fight. I got into BJJ and spent so much time in the gym that the owner suggested I take some time away. When I was taking punches from pro fighters and just laughing at them to piss them off so they would hit me harder, I fully understand why he asked me to take a break. I definitely wasn't in the right frame of mind to be there. But it felt natural to me to take pain.

Glad that you were able to overcome the thoughts and recover.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

You Rock! Thank you for sharing, Jesus ALWAYS knows what we need and when we need it and you are proof! 💕
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

I am so glad, and so thankful, that you are still here.
    That story could help anyone. Thanks for sharing.
    Sister likes this.
    Retired USAF
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links