Labrum tear in my right shoulder. - Page 2

Labrum tear in my right shoulder.

This is a discussion on Labrum tear in my right shoulder. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Rockymonster Just coming up on my one year anniversary of rotator cuff and bicep tendon surgery. Itís been a really slow recovery, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Labrum tear in my right shoulder.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Just coming up on my one year anniversary of rotator cuff and bicep tendon surgery. Itís been a really slow recovery, and I still have a great deal of difficulty drawing from an IWB holster at 3:30....too painful and my range of motion is still limited.

I do ok shooting, but drawing is practically impossible as is reholstering. I have yet to go the AIWB route....just not comfortable with the thought of my weapon pointing you-know-where..... Not sure what to do about it.
    Rocky, the next year will help a lot I suspect. After one year I still had unexpected constraints that mostly were gone after the second year.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Rocky, the next year will help a lot I suspect. After one year I still had unexpected constraints that mostly were gone after the second year.
    Thatís really encouraging! Fingers crossed.....

Thank you Sir!
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.Ē - Joe Lewis

ďIím not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a Ďlittleí dirty.....Ē

Member: GOA, SAF

Just coming up on my one year anniversary of rotator cuff and bicep tendon surgery. Itís been a really slow recovery, and I still have a great deal of difficulty drawing from an IWB holster at 3:30....too painful and my range of motion is still limited.

I do ok shooting, but drawing is practically impossible as is reholstering. I have yet to go the AIWB route....just not comfortable with the thought of my weapon pointing you-know-where..... Not sure what to do about it.

Iím right handed and cross carry at 10-10:30, that way if you miss fire you donít get yourself but the person to the left of you

I canít do the 3:30 either and donít have an excuse other than it hurts.

Hope this helps, cross carry Iíve found very comfortable.
    OD* and Rockymonster like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

OD*
    Senior Moderator

I'm in the same predicament, I have been using a DeSantis Sky Cop until I can get mine fixed.
    https://www.desantisholster.com/sky-cop-cross-draw/
    Sister and Rockymonster like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I'm in the same predicament, I have been using a DeSantis Sky Cop until I can get mine fixed.

I like it however itís not short waisted friendly, esp for a woman. Itíd be like a one sided underwire bra lol. 😆

Does that come in some kind of low rider style, like wearing it hip huggers and not high waist?
    OD* likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Does that come in some kind of low rider style, like wearing it hip huggers and not high waist?
    I honestly don't know, I've never checked? I'll have to do that.
    Sister likes this.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

NRA Patron Member

I honestly don't know, I've never checked? I'll have to do that.
    Thanks, I can google too. Not crazy about the new belly band for the 357 python, itís comfortable however getting it out would take too much time because of the flap that holds it in place. The weight is an issue if worn on one side my bones go out and itís a chiropractor visit. Iím keeping my eyes open for alternatives to carrying this gun but itís a problem right now, too hot in houston for some options if you donít wish to carry outside (I donít wish too, scared someone would take it from me by strength).
    Rockymonster and OD* like this.
    Trust God.

Think about it.

VIP Member
    OD, I chose this time of year to get the job done. I missed another season in the woods and my wife took my period of recovery as an opportunity to buy an artificial Christmas tree, but otherwise is was a good plan. When Spring came I was more or less ready for the farm maintenance. And the sling and bumper would have been an added misery in summer heat.

If your shoulder is canned, itís not gonna get better but when mine got worse it happened in an instant and I nearly made water.
    OD* and rotorhead1026 like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Thanks, I can google too. Not crazy about the new belly band for the 357 python, itís comfortable however getting it out would take too much time because of the flap that holds it in place. The weight is an issue if worn on one side my bones go out and itís a chiropractor visit. Iím keeping my eyes open for alternatives to carrying this gun but itís a problem right now, too hot in houston for some options if you donít wish to carry outside (I donít wish too, scared someone would take it from me by strength).
    Let us know what you come up with.
    Sister likes this.

NRA Patron Member

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    OD, I chose this time of year to get the job done. I missed another season in the woods and my wife took my period of recovery as an opportunity to buy an artificial Christmas tree, but otherwise is was a good plan. When Spring came I was more or less ready for the farm maintenance. And the sling and bumper would have been an added misery in summer heat.

If your shoulder is canned, itís not gonna get better but when mine got worse it happened in an instant and I nearly made water.
    Sounds like you chose the right path for treatment. I'm not exactly sure what mine is, I haven't seen the orthopedic surgeon yet, my back and neck doc doesn't do anything but those two things.Thanks for the info.
    Sister likes this.

NRA Patron Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links