Venison Chili - Page 3

Venison Chili

This is a discussion on Venison Chili within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One of the downsides of my Keto diet is beans, except for green beans for some reason, are off the table. I miss them, but ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Venison Chili

One of the downsides of my Keto diet is beans, except for green beans for some reason, are off the table. I miss them, but for now, the diet takes priority. But I do "sample" a spoonful now and then, just to remind myself what I'm missing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    OK, enough of this nonsense about Texas A&M chiles, Hatch (New Mexico) chiles, and other wannabe chiles. The only place to get your chiles is in Pueblo, Colorado. Home of the annual Chile & Frijole Festival, Pueblo County produces the finest green chile peppers available anywhere. In numerous blind taste tests Pueblo chiles are preferred over anything from New Mexico or anywhere else (and that has included judges from Hatch, New Mexico!).

Just setting the record straight here, for the official record.

Texas has some wonderful cooks and food. New Mexico offers some great opportunities for fine dining. Only Pueblo, Colorado offers the world's best green chiles. No brag, just fact.
    I hear you...BUT chili peppers are not in any way shape or form the same as jalapeno peppers. There are a lot of varieties of peppers, but some are way more potent than others and they have very different flavors. The TAM peppers have all the flavor of jalapenos, but none of the heat. Here is a good link:

https://www.proprofs.com/discuss/q/1...hilli-the-same
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    My ancestors were poor. Pinto beans were a part of almost every meal. My grandmother started a pot of beans almost everyday that simmered on the stove. Fried pork chops or chicken, fried taters, beans with chow chow, corn bread and a big glass of cold milk - good eatin!
    Exactly so. Pinto beans and cornbread has kept many a poor family alive - and they're some of the best eating on the planet!

Just not in chili.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links