Why don't mathematicians rule the world? - Page 2

Why don't mathematicians rule the world?

This is a discussion on Why don't mathematicians rule the world? within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Doghandler See, give a woman an orgasm and she can't think straight for a year. Nah, not so much thrill for her ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Why don't mathematicians rule the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    See, give a woman an orgasm and she can't think straight for a year.
    Nah, not so much thrill for her when we talk guns. She doesn’t shop handguns, doesn’t know market. Asks me, “Is that a good price? Do you need it?” God bless her, those are two questions I CAN answer. But she really doesn’t care what a gun costs as long as it doesn’t seem like a lot to her. I work the edges on that all the time, sorta like restaurants showing on their menu the $500 bottle of wine. You know, it makes all the $100 and less bottles look really a good deal, right?

Now ammo costs, that’s something to get her going. All those recurring calcs for converting money to noise - I dunno, it just starts her up, you know? She still recalls the exact per box price we paid more than two months ago for 10 boxes 9mm rounds. Not the brand, not the grains, but cost per box and cost per round, THAT she retains. A numbers gal, yes!
    Doghandler likes this.

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

Quote Originally Posted by SAXDM9 View Post
    Perhaps, if the number of Christmas cards sent by OldVet is agreed to as an infinite, versus an unknown or undefined, number.
    If it were a larger number, to me it might seem more akin to infinite to me.
    The number of Christmas cards I send is the definition of zero. But there is always hope, and I would never take that away.
    SAXDM9 and TSKnight like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by SAXDM9 View Post
    She does NOT, however, know how many guns I have. That number is unknown except by me.
    Hell, I don’t know how many guns I have!
    SAXDM9 and TSKnight like this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Why don't mathematicians rule the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Well, they do, actually. They're just to preoccupied to notice. It has been this way for a very long time.
    I've heard math heads refer to it as "mensuration."

A term very likely to be misinterpreted.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links