Truly appreciate your Children!

This is a discussion on Truly appreciate your Children! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Decided to split this off from the old thread as it takes a different path. Dropped my Daughter off at swim practice after a hectic ...

Like Tree50Likes
  • 21 Post By TSKnight
  • 7 Post By 1942bull
  • 2 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 2 Post By Rabbit212
  • 2 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 5 Post By TSKnight
  • 4 Post By G26Raven
  • 3 Post By TSKnight
  • 2 Post By Sister
  • 2 Post By Sister

Thread: Truly appreciate your Children!

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar

Decided to split this off from the old thread as it takes a different path.

Dropped my Daughter off at swim practice after a hectic Monday.
    She leaned back in the car and said, "Thanks Dad. You always find a way for me to follow my heart, no matter how busy you are."
    Yep, she is a blessing that 15 years ago I thought I would never be blessed with children of my own.

Last week we watched the movie "Brave" talked about where she's been and what she wants to do/be in the future. She said she wants to do as much as possible because she doesn't know how long she'll be here. She wants to be like Rita. You see, Rita never let her condition stop her from accomplishing what she wanted to do.

Rita is a Sister to a good Friend of mine. She passed away as a result of a seizure when my Daughter was seven. A few days later, my Daughter asked if she was going to die too? Talk about a humbling experience. What do you tell a seven year old who just realized that what she deals with on a daily basis could be fatal?
    I fumbled through that day the same as I have ever since. One day at a time relying on God to provide the guidance and strength to carry me through, good days and bad.

Cherish every moment you are granted with your children! It may be a wild and hectic ride, but I wouldn't miss it for anything in this world.

Thanks for letting me hang around.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ex Member
    You can hang around with me anytime. Mine are 36 and 41, and they are worth every trial or tribulation in raising them. When you think about it our children are our only lasting legacy. @TSKnight , you did it right.

VIP Member
    Blessings to you and to your daughter. She has been through so very much, and your dedicated support is helping her to really "be all that she can be!"

And I agree that all too often we do not truly appreciate our children for the precious gifts from God that they are.
    airslot and Redbert31 like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    I'm 50 and the wife is 52 when young we didnt want kids and of course when older we did but it wasn't in the cards. There are days I regret not having kids and there are days I think it is for the best. TSKnights post has an equal balance of regret and relief for me.
    Redbert31 and Sister like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Kids are truly a blessing.
    Being a dad and a husband have made me a better man than if I Had been neither
    airslot and Redbert31 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    I'm 50 and the wife is 52 when young we didnt want kids and of course when older we did but it wasn't in the cards. There are days I regret not having kids and there are days I think it is for the best. TSKnights post has an equal balance of regret and relief for me.
    You're still a youngster. ;~}

When I was young it was a blessing to the children I didn't have. I would not have been a fit father in those days.
    After I got sober things just didn't seem to work out for me to have kids. Then when I had pretty much accepted that it wasn't to be. I met my Wife and Daughter. The rest is history.
    I often say, "Anyone can have kids. Not everyone is blessed with choosing the one they want."
    Democracy:
    Freedom:

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    I often say, "Anyone can have kids. Not everyone is blessed with choosing the one they want."
    I can certainly relate to that. I raised my daughters to be smart, strong and independent. Both are in their early 30's and happily married. One is an Assistant Attorney General and the other is a PhD in Psyc. who runs her husband's very successful orthodontia practice. I love them both, but I don't like them much. Both of them are ultra liberal and both of them are pains in the arse. I figure I gave them a good start, but now I am all but done with them. We tolerate each other at holidays.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

TSKnight, sounds like you are a great dad!
    Sister, airslot, M1911A1 and 1 others like this.
    Every bullet has a lawyer attached to it.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I can certainly relate to that. I raised my daughters to be smart, strong and independent. Both are in their early 30's and happily married. One is an Assistant Attorney General and the other is a PhD in Psyc. who runs her husband's very successful orthodontia practice. I love them both, but I don't like them much. Both of them are ultra liberal and both of them are pains in the arse. I figure I gave them a good start, but now I am all but done with them. We tolerate each other at holidays.
    jmf552,
    I won't like your post though I understand the sentiment quite well. :~{
    My prayer for you is that someday you and your Daughters will be reunited as Family.

Politics and Religion seem to be more detrimental to relationships than almost any other subject.
    Democracy:
    Freedom:

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Iím not going to like your post either but I get it. Friends you can pick, family no. The oneís that arnít dead yet are too dang mean to die. Only person I have contact with is a sister in law that isnít really a relative but I like her better

Iím convinced that a spirit of narcissism has settled on the earth, never seen so many narcissistic people ever!
    jmf552 and Redbert31 like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    We are older than you and your wife (by a little bit) but feel the same way. Some days we wish we had kids and many days we are glad we didnít. Iím afraid Iíd be in jail if we had kids with what all the school systems teach, wouldít allow my children to listen to those lies and wouldnít allow them to go.

Had rather have an ignorant child than a liberal one!
    Rabbit212 and Redbert31 like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Sponsored Links