The forum has lost a good friend - Page 3

The forum has lost a good friend

This is a discussion on The forum has lost a good friend within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Damn. That is sad news. RIP....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree594Likes

Thread: The forum has lost a good friend

VIP Member
    Damn. That is sad news. RIP.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Sad news indeed.

RIP Charlie.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Sorry to hear sad news, Gatorbait51 we are praying for PhaedrusIV family and you. God Speed
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Charlie was probably my best friend.I'm devastated. We talked with each other damn near every day.
    He was an aviation machinist and huge fan of the 1911,loved the engineering and design, thought it was beautiful in it's simplicity and easy carry . I turned him onto the 1911 in general and the Super in particular . First was a Rockie he called Esmeralda, he got a Colt from me called La Leona . They both live with me now . Yes, we both named our guns and loved it. We talked about aviation, politics , life in general. He helped me get through daughter 2's SJW phase . I listened to his battles with a hard anti-gun spouse whom he dearly loved. That's the kind of guy he was .
    I'd say more but having a tough time seeing the screen . I miss the hell out of him. Thank God the pain is gone and he can rest .
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

JD
    Administrator
    My deepest sympathies to friends and family.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Sorry to hear sad news, Gatorbait51 we are praying for PhaedrusIV family and you. God Speed
    H/D
    Thanks for that.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    Charlie was probably my best friend.I'm devastated. We talked with each other damn near every day.
    He was an aviation machinist and huge fan of the 1911,loved the engineering and design, thought it was beautiful in it's simplicity and easy carry . I turned him onto the 1911 in general and the Super in particular . First was a Rockie he called Esmeralda, he got a Colt from me called La Leona . They both live with me now . Yes, we both named our guns and loved it. We talked about aviation, politics , life in general. He helped me get through daughter 2's SJW phase . I listened to his battles with a hard anti-gun spouse whom he dearly loved. That's the kind of guy he was .
    I'd say more but having a tough time seeing the screen . I miss the hell out of him. Thank God the pain is gone and he can rest .
    I am so sorry for you and Charlie’s family. Please pass along my condolences to the family. Charlie was a good man.....we had some wonderful exchanges....
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Sad to hear of this loss...sympathies to Family & Friends. Hang in there GB.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    You will be missed. I pray for your friends and family; that they quickly find the comfort they need.

VIP Member
    I just got to know him on a personal level this past year through PM's. That sadden's me deeply. I had hoped to meet him some day, as we shared a common sorrow. Rest in peace Charlie.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Nix
    I'm sorry very sorry to read this sad news. Best wishes to his family. Charlie was a great member here. And it's doubly sad that Gatorbait is suffering with this, too. Condolences, Gatorbait!

Senior Moderator
    Sounds like the kind of man we could use more of. Your words are a meaningful tribute. My condolences to you on the loss of your good friend, and to his family.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I always enjoyed Charlie's posts. I'm saddened, even though I never met him in person. I know what it's like to lose a good friend. I still miss my closest friend whom I knew for over 40 years.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Godspeed.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I always enjoyed Charlie's posts. I'm saddened, even though I never met him in person. I know what it's like to lose a good friend. I still miss my closest friend whom I knew for over 40 years.
    I forgot to add, I flew in a plane when I was asked to scatter Cody's ashes over Magazine Mountain in Arkansas, his favorite place. I was honored.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links