Anyone else looking closely at their Emergency stash with all the N. Korea crap?? - Page 3

Anyone else looking closely at their Emergency stash with all the N. Korea crap??

This is a discussion on Anyone else looking closely at their Emergency stash with all the N. Korea crap?? within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by cal44 Oh, and I'm almost embarrassed to say, I order a bottle of Potassium Iodine pills. They are supposed to reduce the ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Anyone else looking closely at their Emergency stash with all the N. Korea crap??

Quote Originally Posted by cal44 View Post
    Oh, and I'm almost embarrassed to say, I order a bottle of Potassium Iodine pills.

They are supposed to reduce the chance of Thyroid cancer if fallout contains radioactive iodine.

I also put some one gallon plastic bottles of drinking water in the freezer in the garage and also in the house.

We had a garage fridge die on us last year, and it took several days before I noticed.

Because of a bunch of bottles of frozen drinking water in that fridge, the frozen food was thawed, but still cold and in edible condition.

I figure the first week or two of a disaster, we could eat up the frozen food without a problem.

Also, I need to go to the Propane place and fill a couple 5 gal bottles for the BBQ. I could use it to cook until the Propane runs out.

Added a couple bottles of water purification pills and a big pack of matches today.
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    That is not a silly purchase at all. I have it here and have had it for a few years now.
    Nothing to be embarrassed over. Cheap insurance.
    Me too. Anything could happen to an upwind nuke power plant. Cheap insurance especially for kids.

I love to strategize stuff like this. Will China side with us or NK? We are deeply indebted to them. But our dollar has a bleak future having lost its status as the world reserve currency. So I can't be sure why they(China) put 150K troops on the NK border. To prevent refugees from flooding into China should war breakout. Or as a show of strength to the US, to dissuade us from attacking? The worst case scenario imho is an EMP over the US. My Dad was a Korean War vet, always said we'd need to go back and finish it. Imho we are far too weak to keep fighting foreign wars. I pray China will resolve the issue. Maybe they'll kill that crazy SOB and broker peace.

We are China's largest trading partner. They have no economy if we stop purchasing from them.
    ETXhiker and Havok like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    I think the fact that the government isn't issuing any advice is an indication that they think that this is an all or nothing situation. They issue advice for hurricanes or forest fires about how to evacuate. But I don't see anything about how to get away from the cities.

Quote Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
    We are China's largest trading partner. They have no economy if we stop purchasing from them.
    Or if we default on our debt.

This mornings news...China counters by telling US they'll stay neutral as long as the US does not strike first. China and Russia have been buying gold like crazy. So what happens to our dollar, should they introduce a gold backed currency? My concern is our pension plans here at home. This is a full blown economic war for now. A chess game we're not winning imho. I have full confidence in Trump, just not with those who surround him.
    ETXhiker likes this.

I haven't stocked up more, no. We're not going to nuke N. Korea because we're not about to risk hurting any S. Koreans and we don't need nor want any of what China and Russia could do to us if they really wanted to. N. Korea isn't going to nuke anyone because that kind of act from that kind of leader would even make Russia and China (remember, if WW3 starts because of this nutjob, those two are going to be getting attacked too) madder than hell, and N.Korea would be a fiery wasteland even with conventional weapons in about 24-48 hours. Nobody is going to let one little tantrum throwing, chubby boy-man start WW3. They used to do this crap when they wanted more food and supplies, ask any former diplomat. They get it, then they'd calm down. But this guy is just a spiteful little brat who does things just because he can.
    Instymp and Phaedrus like this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Maybe buy a couple extra Ramen Noodles,
    I was thinking more along the lines of some kimchi!!
    Nakyak likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    I haven't stocked up more, no. We're not going to nuke N. Korea because we're not about to risk hurting any S. Koreans and we don't need nor want any of what China and Russia could do to us if they really wanted to. N. Korea isn't going to nuke anyone because that kind of act from that kind of leader would even make Russia and China (remember, if WW3 starts because of this nutjob, those two are going to be getting attacked too) madder than hell, and N.Korea would be a fiery wasteland even with conventional weapons in about 24-48 hours. Nobody is going to let one little tantrum throwing, chubby boy-man start WW3. They used to do this crap when they wanted more food and supplies, ask any former diplomat. They get it, then they'd calm down. But this guy is just a spiteful little brat who does things just because he can.
    ............that's reason enough for concern
    ETXhiker and Dave909 like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

I have long said General Douglas McArthur and Senator Joseph McCarthy were correct in their assessments.

I did buy a bottle of rum and a twelve pack of beer yesterday.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of some kimchi!!
    Thanks, now I'm craving some Kimchi :)

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    5.56...check
    Scotch...check

Let the festivities begin
    I appreciate this approach. I'll stop and get another bottle just in case. :)
    "Trample the weak, hurdle the dead"

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    China has basically given the U.S. the green light to hit them if North Korea strikes first. If they fire some missiles into the water near Guam, does that count?
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ETXhiker View Post
    China has basically given the U.S. the green light to hit them if North Korea strikes first. If they fire some missiles into the water near Guam, does that count?
    Missiles shot down on a trajectory to hit Guam must be considered an attack. Missiles over Japan could easily be considered an attack...

Missing Guam by 25 miles and hitting Guam are too close together for me...
    ETXhiker, Dave909 and Havok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    ............that's reason enough for concern
    Yes it is, no doubt. But starting a possible nuclear war is something he knows he can't back down from or negotiate at a table. He's like the rest of his family, he has an obsession with attention and power. I don't think this guy really wants to die and, should we really show up there in full force, all those people you see crying and cheering for him in propaganda would come running towards us begging to get the hell out of there. His "support" from his military leaders is there because they get to live in less crappy conditions than the rest of the population. If the "commoners" ever got support from generals sick of his crap, he'd be tossed out of Pyongyang so fast he'd break the sound barrier. But they're all afraid of him of course. His support is breaking from within, it has been for several years. That's not to say the man isn't dangerous, but I don't think he is as stupid as some may think he is.
    Phaedrus likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    Yes it is, no doubt. But starting a possible nuclear war is something he knows he can't back down from or negotiate at a table. He's like the rest of his family, he has an obsession with attention and power. I don't think this guy really wants to die and, should we really show up there in full force, all those people you see crying and cheering for him in propaganda would come running towards us begging to get the hell out of there. His "support" from his military leaders is there because they get to live in less crappy conditions than the rest of the population. If the "commoners" ever got support from generals sick of his crap, he'd be tossed out of Pyongyang so fast he'd break the sound barrier. But they're all afraid of him of course. His support is breaking from within, it has been for several years. That's not to say the man isn't dangerous, but I don't think he is as stupid as some may think he is.
    The more that these dictators fail the more they need to blame us for their problems. It helps them to have a common enemy. When we tried to send aid to the people of Venezuela Marcos said that they don't need anything from the "Imperialistic Capitalists from the North." These kind of leaders would rather see all of their citizens die than to admit their failures.
    Dave909 and ETXhiker like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links