Wizzy Wipes!

Wizzy Wipes!

This is a discussion on Wizzy Wipes! within the Bushcraft - Primitive Skills - Survival Skills - Camping forums, part of the Related Topics category; Learned from the pepper lady on the video about Wizzy Wipes so we ordered a bag of 100 for around $15 on Amazon, also got; ...

Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree20Likes
  • 2 Post By retired badge 1
  • 5 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 5 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 4 Post By jmf552
  • 2 Post By SOS24
  • 1 Post By svgheartland
  • 1 Post By svgheartland

Thread: Wizzy Wipes!

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poolside/Biden’sHairyLegs
    Posts
    4,266

    Wizzy Wipes!

    Learned from the pepper lady on the video about Wizzy Wipes so we ordered a bag of 100 for around $15 on Amazon, also got;

    Life Straws

    Hand Power combo for radio/phone charge/light

    Got a couple of phone bags that you can’t be followed with, they block signles.

    The Wizzy Wipes you have to put water with, they are tiny and you can put them in your pocket, about the size of a quarter and they unfold - an alaternative to toilet paper when times are bad.

    Don’t know if we would bug in or bug out ~ with the heat here in the summer if the generator fails us we would be in trouble. Would be easier to bug in somewhere colder with less people I think.


    We need those food bags, not sure who to look into for those, can’t think any of them would taste good?
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

    UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    753
    Wizzy Wipes? I'm getting a connection based on years of raising children, urination was called "wizzing", or taking a "wizz". My children now have grown children, and the grandchildren are now producing great-grandchildren, all of them understanding just what a Wizzy Wipe probably is!

    For toilet paper substitute I prefer dryer sheets. Pleasant scent and they leave everything wrinkle-free (a big plus for us older folks).
    ugh762x39 and airslot like this.

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    7,024
    I saw the one about the wizzy wipes. They are amazing, but you do have to have water to make them puff up and be able to open. They are a pretty good size and would be handy for a lot of different uses.

    There is also a woman who has made butt wipes out of cotton that she bought at a fabric store. Each family member picked out his or her own favorite print pattern, so they each have their little stock of personal butt wipes. (UGH) Having had babies back in the day of cloth diapers, I think I've washed all the poop out of cotton cloth that I care to wash for a lifetime!

    Wizzy wipes seem much preferable.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

    ==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    VIP Member
    Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,579
    A bear and a rabbit were pooping in the woods.
    The bear looked down at the rabbit and asked,
    “Do you have a problem with poop sticking to your fur”.
    The rabbit said “no”.
    So the bear wiped his butt with the rabbit.

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array graydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    3,966
    Compacted towels are great. I keep several ziplock bags of them... from the airline carry-on bag, to the rucksack and hunting backpacks. Most can even be washed and reused a few times, such as for washing your face on multi-day hikes.

    Just don't flush them down the toilet.

    If saving space isn't an issue, though, it's more cost effective to buy bulk baby wipes. Even after they dry out a few drops of water brings them back to being usable.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,663
    On my neighborhood web site, we get some truly inane posts, which of course we don't get here. This is an upscale suburb and some guy just posted that his family lost its chicken. It wasn't for food, it was a pet named "Blue."

    Anyhow, some lady just posted that disinfecting wipes can be made by cutting a roll of paper towels in half and soaking with a mixture of Everclear, distilled water and Dawn dish soap. I really wanted to post that she should just clean stuff with the Dawn, the water and the paper towels. That will sanitize it. Then she should drink the Everclear, so she won't worry about it so much. But my neighborhood website has NO sense of humor.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  8. #7
    Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,470
    I had not heard about wizzy towels, but I have coin towels. I keep a few in a pocket organizer and other bags for just in case. I have used some to make homemade clorox wipes.

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,470

    Wizzy Wipes!

    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    On my neighborhood web site, we get some truly inane posts, which of course we don't get here. This is an upscale suburb and some guy just posted that his family lost its chicken. It wasn't for food, it was a pet named "Blue."

    Anyhow, some lady just posted that disinfecting wipes can be made by cutting a roll of paper towels in half and soaking with a mixture of Everclear, distilled water and Dawn dish soap. I really wanted to post that she should just clean stuff with the Dawn, the water and the paper towels. That will sanitize it. Then she should drink the Everclear, so she won't worry about it so much. But my neighborhood website has NO sense of humor.
    It sounds like she is using the attached formula, but just substituting everclear for isopropyl alcohol which would work. But bleach os the better option if you have it. I used some coin towels to make some.
    flintlock62 and msgt/ret like this.

  10. #9
    VIP Member
    Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    I had not heard about wizzy towels, but I have coin towels. I keep a few in a pocket organizer and other bags for just in case. I have used some to make homemade clorox wipes.
    What ratio are you using for Clorox wipes? We’re using 10:1.
    SOS24 likes this.
    Savage Heartland

    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

  11. #10
    Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,470

    Wizzy Wipes!

    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    What ratio are you using for Clorox wipes? We’re using 10:1.
    I used the formula above for the wipes (which is more concentrated then the CDC recommendation) then store in ziploc until needed.

    According to the CDC website, they recommend:

    To make a bleach solution, mix:
    5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
    OR
    4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water

  12. #11
    VIP Member
    Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    I used the formula above for the wipes (which is more concentrated then the CDC recommendation) then store in ziploc until needed.

    According to the CDC website, they recommend:

    To make a bleach solution, mix:
    5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
    OR
    4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
    Thanks. We ordered a case of 4x4” gauze for the homemade Clorox wipes. They work very well.
    SOS24 likes this.
    Savage Heartland

    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •