DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

Hostage situation/threatened with a knife to your neck

Thread: Hostage situation/threatened with a knife to your neck

Tags:
  1. AzQkr's Avatar

    AzQkr said:

    Hostage situation/threatened with a knife to your neck

    First part:
    You suddenly find yourself with a knife to your neck from behind.

    Do you feel this is a hostage situation? Are you a hostage and helpless or can you do something [ anything ] to effect a safe resolution to this and get away?

    Second part:

    You suddenly find yourself facing an aggressive person who has pulled a knife and has it to throat, or chest threatening to cut/stab you if you do not give them the money.

    What do you do? What do you think you can do to effect your personal safety? Do you comply and hope for the best?

    What is your mindset/thoughts at being threatened with a knife like this?
    The mind is the limiting factor

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor
     
  2. ANGLICO's Avatar

    ANGLICO said:
    Kill that person immediately, regardless of how much damage you will get. Dead is dead. Always assume that they He/She are gong to kill you anyways, since they have shown intent to do so. You have to always regard when Deadly Force is authorized, based on your (where you live) state laws. The state laws are the problem, not protecting youself from violence.

    Can everyone just tell Congress and this Administration that we need an equal level of legal self defense on the books?
    Socialism Kills! Time proven, with a very large body count! We are a Constitutional Republic....... not a Democracy, get it correct!

    Don't be mistaken for a Gecko45: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

    ANGLICO Images
     
  3. Harryball's Avatar

    Harryball said:
    1st: Turn in on him towards the knife while pushing back on him, draw, shoot, repeat if necessary...

    2nd: While hands are in the surrender position, a quick eye flick towards the BG, bouncing to either the left or right drawing, shoot, repeat if necessary.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,
     
  4. Hodad's Avatar

    Hodad said:
    The original poster never indicated that he was armed with an SD weapon.

    Knife to throat: He would probably be distracted and disgusted when I pissed on his foot. Once that happened I would take advantage and try to escape.

    Knife to chest: Backup as quickly as possible and then RUN!!!
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"
     
  5. ANGLICO's Avatar

    ANGLICO said:
    I can use a ball point pen to end this discussion. My above post is accurate.
    Socialism Kills! Time proven, with a very large body count! We are a Constitutional Republic....... not a Democracy, get it correct!

    Don't be mistaken for a Gecko45: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

    ANGLICO Images
     
  6. NightOwl76's Avatar

    NightOwl76 said:
    First part:

    You've already lost the initiative. I would comply, and be ready to act if he opens the door for evasion or counterattack.

    Second part:

    Is he in front or behind me? Is he extended, is the knife high or low, how close is he? All these are factors. It all comes down to whether I think I have enough time to act. But in general I'd start his OODA loop going one way (probably by appearing to comply, reaching for my wallet, etc.), then I'd simultaneously step back to gain distance and draw, using my support hand to ward him off if necessary. I would not attempt to disarm him, if he keeps coming after the gun's out it's time to fire.

    Maybe it's me, but I'm not terribly scared of people who threaten me with a knife (this probably has something to do with the fact that I've been threatened with knives a couple of times). Once it's out and I can see it, a knife loses a lot of its frightfulness because unless I'm in very confined quarters I'm reasonably confident of my ability to keep it out of my torso. The exception is when the attacker is in a control position, such as behind me with his arm around me and the knife at my jugular. That situation is very bad because you lose one of your better options against a knife: moving.

    *Edit* I see some have suggested running. I interpret the OP as meaning the attacker is in contact range already. You really don't get to turn around and run before you get stabbed, unless you can somehow get a step on the attacker by throwing off his OODA loop or you can manage to put some kind of obstacle between you two. All he has to do is take a step, you have to turn and take a step. It might work, but only if the attacker wasn't serious to begin with...because if he wants to stab you he will. If you want to try this experiment at home, use a plastic spoon.
     
  7. ANGLICO's Avatar

    ANGLICO said:
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    First part:

    You've already lost the initiative. I would comply, and be ready to act if he opens the door for evasion or counterattack.

    Second part:

    Is he in front or behind me? Is he extended, is the knife high or low, how close is he? All these are factors. It all comes down to whether I think I have enough time to act. But in general I'd start his OODA loop going one way (probably by appearing to comply, reaching for my wallet, etc.), then I'd simultaneously step back to gain distance and draw, using my support hand to ward him off if necessary. I would not attempt to disarm him, if he keeps coming after the gun's out it's time to fire.

    Maybe it's me, but I'm not terribly scared of people who threaten me with a knife (this probably has something to do with the fact that I've been threatened with knives a couple of times). Once it's out and I can see it, a knife loses a lot of its frightfulness because unless I'm in very confined quarters I'm reasonably confident of my ability to keep it out of my torso. The exception is when the attacker is in a control position, such as behind me with his arm around me and the knife at my jugular. That situation is very bad because you lose one of your better options against a knife: moving.
    In my humble opinion, of this post. If you threaten my life (knife or or stick or stone). We ain't going backwards and talking out the situation. Just sayin............... Now I will admit that if it is not legal, I won't 'Do It'............... but.............. Why should we put up with the REGRESSIVE PROGRESSOVE LEFT telling us that we do not have rights to defend ourselves?
    Socialism Kills! Time proven, with a very large body count! We are a Constitutional Republic....... not a Democracy, get it correct!

    Don't be mistaken for a Gecko45: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

    ANGLICO Images
     
  8. NightOwl76's Avatar

    NightOwl76 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    In my humble opinion, of this post. If you threaten my life (knife or or stick or stone). We ain't going backwards and talking out the situation. Just sayin............... Now I will admit that if it is not legal, I won't 'Do It'............... but.............. Why should we put up with the REGRESSIVE PROGRESSOVE LEFT telling us that we do not have rights to defend ourselves?
    I...I don't get it. How does this relate to what I wrote?
     
  9. ANGLICO's Avatar

    ANGLICO said:
    Ignore this post, please - thank you. What I origionally wrote in response was ......... well, I think NightOwl76 might be a 'baiter'. Mods - you decide.

    Note: I am not engaging this individual anymore until I understand if he/she is legit. ........just sayin...........
    Socialism Kills! Time proven, with a very large body count! We are a Constitutional Republic....... not a Democracy, get it correct!

    Don't be mistaken for a Gecko45: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

    ANGLICO Images
     
  10. linlady's Avatar

    linlady said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Kill that person immediately, regardless of how much damage you will get. Dead is dead. Always assume that they He/She are gong to kill you anyways. You have to always regard when Deadly Force is authorized, based on your (where you live) state laws. The state laws are the problem, not protecting youself from violence.

    Can everyone just tell Congress and this Administration that we need an equal level of legal self defense on the books?
    Are you kidding this Administration just wants to take all the guns away not make it easier for anyone owning one.
     
  11. StormRhydr's Avatar

    StormRhydr said:
    Im certainly not saying that Id do the following, but remember that the BG expects the victim at act in a certain way. One of the best scenarios I saw enacted was when the "victim" just broke down, sobbing, screaming, "dont kill me, please please please", equation.

    Instead of a rational victim, the BG is faced with someone who has stopped listening, "cant" comply, and is attracting unwanted attention to the situation. While pretending that b.s. you can work towards taking the BG down, getting to your weapon, etc. Regardless of how it works out, it could buy you some options, if a direct force on force scenario doesnt look workable.
     
  12. NightOwl76's Avatar

    NightOwl76 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Im certainly not saying that Id do the following, but remember that the BG expects the victim at act in a certain way. One of the best scenarios I saw enacted was when the "victim" just broke down, sobbing, screaming, "dont kill me, please please please", equation.

    Instead of a rational victim, the BG is faced with someone who has stopped listening, "cant" comply, and is attracting unwanted attention to the situation. While pretending that b.s. you can work towards taking the BG down, getting to your weapon, etc. Regardless of how it works out, it could buy you some options, if a direct force on force scenario doesnt look workable.
    I wonder if pretending to have a heart attack, or hyperventilating, would have a similar effect. You just need to throw the attacker off his script to give yourself a window of opportunity.
     
  13. StormRhydr's Avatar

    StormRhydr said:
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    I wonder if pretending to have a heart attack, or hyperventilating, would have a similar effect. You just need to throw the attacker off his script to give yourself a window of opportunity.
    Absolutely, (IMO), that would be the same kind of thing. Plus, they probably have zero interest in killing anyone, and wouldnt want to hang around while your die from your heart attack, lol, and get charged with murder.
     
  14. Welder516's Avatar

    Welder516 said:
    I am tired of all these bad things that happen to me . Just the other day i woke up with a gun to my head .............................. I think i'm moving in the woods
    Last edited by Welder516; October 10th, 2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: spell
     
  15. ANGLICO's Avatar

    ANGLICO said:
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Absolutely, (IMO), that would be the same kind of thing. Plus, they probably have zero interest in killing anyone, and wouldnt want to hang around while your die from your heart attack, lol, and get charged with murder.
    Of course they are, that time. What about the next time?
    Socialism Kills! Time proven, with a very large body count! We are a Constitutional Republic....... not a Democracy, get it correct!

    Don't be mistaken for a Gecko45: http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

    ANGLICO Images