Women shoots and kills robber - Page 2

Women shoots and kills robber

This is a discussion on Women shoots and kills robber within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Poppy42 Ah security cam and witnesses confirm story. Drop the holier than tho attitude. Nowhere dose any part of the story mention ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Women shoots and kills robber

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy42 View Post
    Ah security cam and witnesses confirm story. Drop the holier than tho attitude. Nowhere dose any part of the story mention drugs. Or that she was ever convicted of any crime. Only that she successfully defended herself from a violent crime. I don't know this person and based on geography never will but until I here otherwise as far as I'm concerned she did a good job. Let's leave the gossip in the school yard we are supposed to be adults.
    It is a little strange she walked home to call 911 when she could have just walked in the front door of ck and had them call

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    I can imagine several reasons or scenarios that would make someone not want to run into the store or stand around waiting while someone calls 911. Bad guy is on the ground, still may have control of a firearm, and still may be conscious enough to get off a round. I am certain once the reason is known, it would appear less strange.

Women shoots and kills robber

Just taking out the trash.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ah security cam and witnesses confirm story. Drop the holier than tho attitude. Nowhere dose any part of the story mention drugs. Or that she was ever convicted of any crime. Only that she successfully defended herself from a violent crime. I don't know this person and based on geography never will but until I here otherwise as far as I'm concerned she did a good job. Let's leave the gossip in the school yard we are supposed to be adults.
    Agreed. Some of the posts here sound like innuendo the MDA would post if one of us had to defend ourselves with a gun. She's innocent until proven guilty like any of us.

The robber actually had his gun pointed at her head at close range when she drew and fired. That takes some nerve and coolness. If she telegraphed that move even a little, she would have been dead. No matter what her background is, she's got skill.
    Poppy42 and ep1953 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I don't understand how people can assume that this is a Drug Deal gone bad so quickly.
    I live 1/2 mile from my nearest convience store and I have a tendency to stay up often till 2 or 3 am watching movies I have a hard time watching while the Family is up.
    There have been times I've craved a soft drink while watching the movie and have walked to the store or ridden a motorcycle, or bicycle there to pick up a drink and snack.
    I don't do drugs, nor drink alchohol. But I do induldge in Blue Bell Ice Cream on occasion.
    I always carry and especially when going to the convience store.
    Some nights is so nice just to get out and walk in the cool Texas night air.
    I'm 65 and have learned to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Night.

So, until they say otherwise, I'm going to assume she got the munchies.
    Or, like me, she spends a lot of time working night shifts and can't sleep.

Let's see what the Grand Jury says before we convict her.
    I believe it's supposed to be the "American Way".

She could have been your daughter running an errand for you!
    Poppy42 and ep1953 like this.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    I don't understand how people can assume that this is a Drug Deal gone bad so quickly.
    I live 1/2 mile from my nearest convience store and I have a tendency to stay up often till 2 or 3 am watching movies I have a hard time watching while the Family is up.
    There have been times I've craved a soft drink while watching the movie and have walked to the store or ridden a motorcycle, or bicycle there to pick up a drink and snack.
    I don't do drugs, nor drink alchohol. But I do induldge in Blue Bell Ice Cream on occasion.

Ya but you weren't arrested for assault with intent to injure last month like she was. I have to look at this one a little sideways...just my 2 cents

Senior Member Array Grantspastor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petroleum 1 View Post
    I was thinking there is more to this story too. It says she was wearing a gun holstered on her hip. It is extremely hot in phx right now she looks like a small petit girl I wonder how she had the gun concealed or was she oc it??
    Interesting question. Either way she was effective

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok well I've been arrested for poss of a controlled substance 7th misdermeanor. So no I'm not judging her just saying what it sounds like. I should prob know the deal. You shoot someone and prob have a cell phone on you. If you don't then you can walk to the store and say well that loud bang you heard I shot someone. No you walk home first why? Well you just might have a large amount of drugs on you and know the cops are gonna search you. With cameras there she had no choice. I'm not saying she wasn't right to shot him just if you look at logic it doesn't add up. It's like leaving the scene of an accident then calling the police from home.

Even if it was a drug deal she might still have had the legal right to defend herself. If she was selling him drugs then it depends if she is in a felony murder state. A state that charges every with the murder if a death occurs during the commission of a felony. So if she was selling him drugs that would be a felony and she could be charged because he died. Not because the shooting wasn't justified just because it happened while they were committing a felony. If she isn't in a felony murder state than they would be separate acts. If she just had drugs and the guy knew she had them and tried to rob her than she is also good to go in any state. She may not have been selling I think it's just odd she left.

How does that saying go something about those that do no wrong cast the first stone. Like I said before I'm so over the gossip not everybody that goes to a convenience store late at night is a drug dealer. Really folks who cares why she left who cares what she was doing there. Untill the investigation is complete and the grand jury has made there decision is it possible that all you self-righteous folks might give someone the benefit of the doubt? Those people that are saying I bet it was a drug deal gone bad or why did she leave and go home to call the police. You guys should listen to yourself do you know how Petty it sounds. I for one am certainly not perfect I'm not a drug dealer but I am human I have certainly made a lot of mistakes in my life and I've yet to meet anybody that is perfect or who hasn't made mistakes. Give it a rest !
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippee View Post
    Ok well I've been arrested for poss of a controlled substance 7th misdermeanor. So no I'm not judging her just saying what it sounds like. I should prob know the deal. You shoot someone and prob have a cell phone on you. If you don't then you can walk to the store and say well that loud bang you heard I shot someone. No you walk home first why? Well you just might have a large amount of drugs on you and know the cops are gonna search you. With cameras there she had no choice. I'm not saying she wasn't right to shot him just if you look at logic it doesn't add up. It's like leaving the scene of an accident then calling the police from home.
    So you have never forgot your cell phone? Or you think maybe someone might be a little confused, upset, disoriented after shooting and killing someone ? Personally I don't care . If she was attacked and defended herself good for her . Isn't that what this form supposed to be about defensive Carrie? not judging people on what might've happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Petroleum 1 View Post
    It is a little strange she walked home to call 911 when she could have just walked in the front door of ck and had them call
    After you shoot and kill someone in a self defense scenario then come back and post how you did everything by the book. Not everyone is capable of handling the aftermath of such a stressed filled situation with a clear thought process . Until all the factory and give it a rest and give the woman a benefit of the doubt

I just can't understand that the most logical place to go wasn't inside the gas station. Would anyone here really walk home then call police? What about calling for 911 for the man? Not saying he deserves the kindness but it's still what a decent human being does. If I shot someone I would still call police and an ambulance. Not leave a person bleeding while you meander home.

Pleas tell me does this woman not look like she used drugs. Women shoots and kills robber-image.jpegClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	149017

You only know what you know. Your life experiences form your thought processes. All the details are not out, and contrary to popular belief, the local papers dont always report all the facts, nor do they have all the facts. So when we read a story, we need to read it with a grain of salt, use a a little common sense, mix that in with a little life experience, and come to our own conclusions.

If its true that she left the scene to walk home to phone the police, that just SCREAMS that she needed time to hide something. Maybe so, maybe not, but every female in America her age has a cell phone, so usually there would not be a need to "walk home" to phone the police. The store even has a phone available to call the police.

I stand by my previous assertion that this is probably a drug deal gone bad.

And drug deal or not, a drug dealer that is getting robbed is legally allowed to defend themselves, just like a normal law abiding citizen.

And YES, this is a face of a meth head tweaker. The aggravated assault arrest last month points in that direction as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links