If someone is trying to kick down the door? - Page 3

If someone is trying to kick down the door?

This is a discussion on If someone is trying to kick down the door? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let him in to play with the dog....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: If someone is trying to kick down the door?

Let him in to play with the dog.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

@GpTom

If can't or want dial 911 so as not give away position, text someone who can on your behalf informing THEM not to call you (and putting phone in silent mode).

I also carry my cell phone around the house 98% of the time. It's my "American Express card", never be without it.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    All ready on the left...All ready on the right...
    +100 ... ain't even waiting on the rest of it
    CLASS3NH likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    With the layout of our house, this is pretty much the case.
    Front door would be in a 45°, 12g, 00 cross fire with our dog ready to go for the groin.

I still prefer my compound bow. If it can pass thru a deer, it can pass thru a man.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    I'd edit the rest of this post if I were you.

Shooter ready ??
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Quote Originally Posted by Dougb View Post
    Know your state laws. MN requires you to vacate if you can safely. Retreat to a safe room, barricade, out a window if safe. Don't go out the door being kicked. I might trip over a body .

Are you sure about that?
    I thought there was never a duty to retreat outside of your own home:

609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.
    The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.
    (interesting: you can take someone's life to prevent the commission of a felony in your home - it doesn't say the felony has to be one that exposes you to great bodily harm or death).

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit99 View Post
    Most people think because they have a big dog it will protect them and some will. Like yourself I have done decoy work for protection dogs and been involved in training protection dogs. Have seen many dogs fail the selection process because when you put a little pressure on them they won't commit to the fight. Just because it's a German Shepherd or a Doberman or another large breed dog doesn't mean it has good fight drive. I know what your saying about keeping the dog next to you and out of harms way, our dogs are our kids I do have confidence in them thru their training that if its a real shtf they can put up one heck of a fight. Most dog bites are just snaps, quick bite and release. A good dog that knows how to bite and commit causes alot of pain and damage. Sorry didn't mean to ramble on about dogs.
    If you really want to get abused do some muzzle training with a real nasty tempered dog. Take away a dogs bite and it forces them to really "fight". The ones that pass that test are amazing assets, though not for the first time owner.

You have a nice looking dog in your Avatar BTW. Bi colors are my favorite. My 10x Sch3 male Vasko was a bi color like yours, he was mostly sweet, but the bi color tends to add to that "don't mess with me" look.
    Bandit99 and CLASS3NH like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    If you really want to get abused do some muzzle training with a real nasty tempered dog. Take away a dogs bite and it forces them to really "fight". The ones that pass that test are amazing assets, though not for the first time owner.

You have a nice looking dog in your Avatar BTW. Bi colors are my favorite. My 10x Sch3 male Vasko was a bi color like yours, he was mostly sweet, but the bi color tends to add to that "don't mess with me" look.
    Thank you....Oh yes have done muzzle work,,that separates the good dogs from the really good ones. My dog in avatar is West German/Belgian strong working lines. Thing I like about him is he has good fight drive,,,he loves to fight,,the harder you go at him the deeper and fuller he bites. We have no children so they are our kids,,,,loved and spoiled rotten but when it comes time to Pas Auf they are up and barking just waiting for that Packen command

In Missouri I believe I'm good to shoot through the door with the expanded castle doctrine

I meant castle law

[QUOTE=StevePVB;4804233]I'd step out on to the porch and fire both barrels. That will do the trick.[/QUOTE

AHHH I see you are recommending the "Joe Biden" school of home defense!!

Just kidding Steve. I am pretty sure you were being facetious.
    Last edited by Hodad; August 17th, 2016 at 11:48 AM.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd D. Barber View Post
    Castle Doctrine, I'm not running outside.
    Me, too. I can't run outside. My son has a disability, and I can't get him up and out that fast. I would have to depend on NC's castle doctrine, which allows lethal force against anyone even attempting entry. I'm not sure I would shoot through the door (depends on what I see), but that is a legal option.
    Bandit99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by robbnj View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    I thought there was never a duty to retreat outside of your own home:

609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.
    The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.
    (interesting: you can take someone's life to prevent the commission of a felony in your home - it doesn't say the felony has to be one that exposes you to great bodily harm or death).
    In your home in MN, there is a duty to retreat if possible and safe to do so. You are also not allowed to "put them out of their misery" if you have to shoot. You shoot until the threat is gone, then reload and call the cops.
    Acting in Self-Defense is a valid defense to an assault charge. It is important to know that in Minnesota you have a duty to retreat, prior to defending yourself or others. The Duty to Retreat means that you must attempt to retreat, where practical, from the threat before responding with reasonable force.Feb 2, 2015
    Minnesota's Assault, Self-Defense Laws | Sieben Cotter Law
    Minnesota's Assault, Self-Defense Laws | Sieben Cotter Law

Here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If someone is trying to kick down the door?-british-coming-750.jpg  

Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

Somebody trying to kick down my door??? Hmmmm.......They ain't knocking, sooo......things are about to get VERY messy for them.
    BTW....I was recently on a case in VT, an overnight, and I decided to take Jack with me....He's about 9 years old, and 140 Pounds........Getting a little impatient to go get some breakfast.....
    (he got treats of a couple sausage patties) NOW.......with that said....He's my "door greeter" and I'm his backup guy LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If someone is trying to kick down the door?-jack.jpg  

Rhinoman and Bandit99 like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links