Walmart triple shooting

Walmart triple shooting

This is a discussion on Walmart triple shooting within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Triple shooting at Walmart Suspect identified in Walmart triple shooting | 13NEWSNOW.com...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Walmart triple shooting

Walmart triple shooting

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    they already caught the guy. that was quick.
    3 dead after shooting at a Colorado Walmart, suspect arrested - ABC News

How anyone could think they can get away with a criminal act in open public in today's world of cameras looking down from every angle is a mystery. But then some just don't care and are looking for a ticket back into the system of free meals and lodging at the gray bar hotel.
    THESHIELD likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Not an armed good guy vs bad guy story. Moved.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

This is VERY close to my house. In fact, several friends of mine shop at that Walmart frequently. I'm glad they caught the guy already. Hopefully, he'll let the world know his reasons, so we can look forward to prevention/future readiness.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    This is VERY close to my house. In fact, several friends of mine shop at that Walmart frequently. I'm glad they caught the guy already. Hopefully, he'll let the world know his reasons, so we can look forward to prevention/future readiness.
    Yup, close to me also. My wife called on her way into school this morning to say that there was "something" going on. Turns out, this was it.

mkh
    Just me and a Sig 1911 in a foxhole somewhere in NE FL
    jackrock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Yeah, the Thornton PD tweeted that they had a suspect, and then that they had him in custody. The two were so close together, I read them nearly consecutively. Thornton's not known for its high crime rate, so this has shaken a ton of people to their core in the area. Sadly, too many of them jumped to the "ban all guns" bandwagon.
    mkh likes this.
    JackRock
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    Yeah, the Thornton PD tweeted that they had a suspect, and then that they had him in custody. The two were so close together, I read them nearly consecutively. Thornton's not known for its high crime rate, so this has shaken a ton of people to their core in the area. Sadly, too many of them jumped to the "ban all guns" bandwagon.
    They need to be shaken up. Its unfortunate though that they jumped to the wrong conclusion.

They need to be shaken up. Its unfortunate though that they jumped to the wrong conclusion.
    No arguments here. While I'm highly Libertarian in my political beliefs (with a slight Right lean), a hell of a lot of my friends have swallowed the Democratic Blue Pill whole.
    mkh likes this.
    JackRock

VIP Member
    It's always the conclusion. People (in general) always seek the 'easy' way out; expecting someone to solve their problems for them. The fantasy that banning guns will somehow make bad things not happen is typical. And it's a mentality that we're eventually going to lose out to. Hopefully not anytime soon but the writing has been on the wall for years. Not that we shouldn't fight against it at every opportunity...
    AzQkr, mkh, Tstone and 3 others like this.
    expat no more

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

mkh
    Am I the only one suspicious of this shooting coming so soon after the New York truck terrorist attack?

New York didn't really involve guns and everyone realizes the stupidity of banning rental trucks. It seems almost like someone had to step up and take one for the Anti-gun team and move the focus back to guns.
    Last edited by mkh; November 2nd, 2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling. As usual.

VIP Member
    Am I the only one suspicious of this shooting coming so soon after the New York truck terrorist attack?

New York didn't really involve guns and everyone realizes the stupidity of banning rental trucks. It seems almost like someone had to step and take one for the Anti-gun team and move the focus back to guns.
    As incredibly nuts as it sounds, I don't think you can fully discount it as a possibility, especially when you consider the black hole surrounding any motive or motivation for the Las Vegas attack. When absolutely nothing is coming forth, there's a reason.
    mkh, Struckat and blitzburgh like this.
    expat no more

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    No way to defend against that shooting. He casually walked into the store pulled out a gun and shot into a group of people. geez

I used to joke about this, but now I am starting to get serious. I know shootings can and do happen anywhere, but how many have we heard of at WalMarts? Lots There is even a website called "Shootings at Walmart." It is still live, but inactive. But when they were tracking, that site reported Walmarts were averaging one and half shootings a week across the country for two years running. I don't think any other national venue even comes close to that.

I think staying away from Walmart is a good defensive strategy. Add to that it is not a great chain to begin with. Add to that that you can now shop online at Walmart and have stuff delivered, like Amazon. I have my answer!
    Specializedjon likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

It sounds like this shooting was over in just a few seconds with the perp exiting stage right immediately. This being Colorado, if the event lasted much longer, there is a good chance return fire would be inbound.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links