Another School Shooting This Morning - Page 2

Another School Shooting This Morning

This is a discussion on Another School Shooting This Morning within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've wondered before where your'e from, Ky Backwoods. I'm from central Kentucky and always wondering where my fellow Ky members live. I make it over ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Another School Shooting This Morning

I've wondered before where your'e from, Ky Backwoods. I'm from central Kentucky and always wondering where my fellow Ky members live. I make it over to western Ky several times a year to see my daughter who lives in Murray, so I'm passing right through Marshall Co. Prayers for the whole nasty situation and their lives will never be the same. I'm sure you know at lease some of the relatives of these kids.
    ghost tracker and matthew03 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtimm View Post
    What if you can't and the teachers can't be arsed to care?

I think a lot of folks have this romantic "boys will be boys and settle it in the parking lot and become friends."

That's not bullying. Bullying is systematic terror in an environment where the teachers and administrators don't care, won't help.

No one ever picked on your twice? That's great. That's not what a lot of kids experience.

I'm not saying any of this justifies shooting up a school and I'm not saying that's what happened in this case. I'm just saying that I don't think you understand what bullying truly is.

MrTimm
    I was a redhead kid. I think I know.

Did I win them all? Nope. Did we always become close friends? Hardly but occasionally. I spent enough time in the principal's office for them to know why I was there and what happened.

Yet friends afterwards or not, I never had to deal with the same person twice. That happened because when I finally got fed up with their crap, the gloves came off, and it wasn't in a gentlemanly way or with any "Let's meet after school." It was right now, right here, gloves off. Right in the middle of class if that's what it took.
    OD*, Mike1956, matthew03 and 6 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Giffords is there to wave the bloody shirt, predictably:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ws/1060395001/

"Why do we keep allowing this terror to happen? We know how to solve this problem," the statement read. "Congress can protect kids in their classrooms, in the cafeteria, and on the playground — but to do that they must strengthen our gun laws."
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Bullies got their butts kicked when I was in school. Now, after years of zero tolerance, where everybody gets the boot when thumpings take place, our schools have been reduced to sheep and predators.

The only people who ever bullied me more than once or twice were teachers and administrators.
    OD*, Mar2007, matthew03 and 2 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

"Why do we keep allowing this terror to happen? We know how to solve this problem," the statement read. "Congress can protect kids in their classrooms, in the cafeteria, and on the playground — but to do that they must strengthen our gun laws."
    She's delusional. Gun laws don't protect. Schools in most states are already gun free zones, Kentucky included.
    matthew03 and airslot like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

Shes half right. If they got rid of all the gun free zone laws, teachers would be able to do more to protect the kids.
    matthew03 and airslot like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

"Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul tweeted his thoughts and prayers to the victims of the shooting."
    That'll fix it.

Question

Why is it nobody wants to address this?

36 School shooters/school related violence committed by those under the influence of psychiatric drugs

Fact: At least 36 school shootings and/or school-related acts of violence have been committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 172 wounded and 80 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made public—neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs).

The most important fact about this list, is that these are only cases where the information about their psychiatric drug use was made public.

The below list includes individuals documented to have been under the influence of psychiatric drugs and not only includes mass shootings, but the use of knives, swords and bombs. 27 international drug regulatory agency warnings cite side effects including mania, violence, psychosis and even homicidal ideation.

https://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/
    Struckat likes this.
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Y'all are sure filling in a bunch of (so far) unknowable details & then connecting those dots. This shooting hits very, VERY close to home. I'm an alumni of Marshall Co. high school (the first graduating class). I've been a resident of the county for over 50 years. My kids (all six of 'em) attended that same school. When the news broke just after 8 am this morning, all I could think to do is immediately, earnestly drop to my knees, pray to my Heavenly Father for His hand & Holy Spirit might descend on the entire situation like a Holy SWAT team. Tattooed Angels with jump boots and rescue gear suited me fine.
    As far the details? I've (and you've) no idea what happened or WILL happen. Please help me coat these circumstances with a THICK layer...of prayer.
    The Great I Am will not abandon those who call upon Him in their hour of deepest need.
    Ghost, I'd figured out where you were likely to be located a good while ago. Guess I was right. I hope that you and anyone that you consider to be yours are OK. Prayers are in the air and inbound.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Ghost, I'd figured out where you were likely to be located a good while ago. Guess I was right. I hope that you and anyone that you consider to be yours are OK. Prayers are in the air and inbound.
    Thanks Brother SVG. One of my (many) bountiful blessings is that I've grown (spiritually) to know that EVERYONE & ALL is considered to be...mine!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Here's what I can't figure out about school shootings: Why after all these shootings have schools not taken better security measures?:
    • Physical security: I think after classes start, no one should be able to enter a school without being buzzed in. People could get out in a fire, of course, but no one should be able to get in. The person with the buzzer should be behind bullet proof glass or on the other side of a video camera. That wouldn't be 100%, but it would have stopped Newtown and a lot of other school shootings.
    • Every room in a school should be able to be secured from within. The administration would be able to get in with master keys, but a shooter would not.
    • Every school should have drills on responses to active shooter situations.
    • Every school should have the ability to do armed response, whether it is from uniformed security, teachers, trained volunteers, etc. Even if they only have a handgun against an AR, these kinds of shooters seem to be deterred by any credible resistance. The Newtown shooter committed suicide as soon as the first police car showed up, even though he probably had that cop outgunned.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The best way to stop bullying is to kick the bully's butt, and if one can't do that, at least make it bad enough he doesn't want seconds.

No one ever bullied me twice.
    The problem is, good kids refrain from doing that, due to the school systems ridiculous stance of self defense, and the punishment that it carries for kids who have something going for them.
    msgt/ret, airslot, Doogie and 1 others like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by sqlb3rn View Post
    "Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul tweeted his thoughts and prayers to the victims of the shooting."
    That'll fix it.
    How would you like the Senator to respond in today’s age?
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertywheel View Post
    How would you like the Senator to respond in today’s age?
    By working with his colleagues in the Senate and the American people to come up with ideas on how to reduce school shootings... not just "tweeting" a cliche empty slogan.

For example, jmff552 got the ball rolling with some interesting ideas, and I bet he isn't even a government policy maker.

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtimm View Post
    What if you can't and the teachers can't be arsed to care?

I think a lot of folks have this romantic "boys will be boys and settle it in the parking lot and become friends."

That's not bullying. Bullying is systematic terror in an environment where the teachers and administrators don't care, won't help.

No one ever picked on your twice? That's great. That's not what a lot of kids experience.

I'm not saying any of this justifies shooting up a school and I'm not saying that's what happened in this case. I'm just saying that I don't think you understand what bullying truly is.

MrTimm
    I'd like to add to this. Since bullying is "systematic terror" there needs to be a "systematic response" from those being terrorized to those doing the terrorizing. If not; it will never stop! You teach people how to treat you. And, if you are one that will easily roll over and "allow" yourself to be disrespected or mistreated then that stuff will never stop. It gives those doing the terrorizing the license to continue the behavior because there is no push back. Push back means confrontation! And that is something that a lot of people today and in this generation are afraid of and shy away from in this social media age-personal confrontation!

Sure, the teachers should care and be concerned but the reality is that you are still responsible for sticking up for and defending yourself. While I don't go out and seek confrontation as such, I don't run from confrontation either! I learned from my Dad years ago and I have taught my son and daughter the same principle; "Don't start a fight! Don't go out looking for trouble! If, you can talk your way out of a fight-then do it! But, if you can't; you better make sure that's the last time that person(s) want to fight with you!"

Like @OldVet , I didn't win all of my fights when I had to defend myself but it sent a loud and clear message to all of those standing around and watching; "Mess with Mili and that cat (unafraid of your age, height, or weight) will defend himself!"

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I was a redhead kid. I think I know.

Did I win them all? Nope. Did we always become close friends? Hardly but occasionally. I spent enough time in the principal's office for them to know why I was there and what happened.

Yet friends afterwards or not, I never had to deal with the same person twice. That happened because when I finally got fed up with their crap, the gloves came off, and it wasn't in a gentlemanly way or with any "Let's meet after school." It was right now, right here, gloves off. Right in the middle of class if that's what it took.
    Absolutely!

That's the push back I mentioned earlier. If, that doesn't happen, then you'll always be a target and always be a victim.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links