Home Invasions Reaching New Levels of Violence - Do You Carry In-Home? - Page 10

Home Invasions Reaching New Levels of Violence - Do You Carry In-Home?

This is a discussion on Home Invasions Reaching New Levels of Violence - Do You Carry In-Home? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't have a pet dog yet, but did add video cam doorbells, get instant alerts of anyone approaching door and brings up live video. Also ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: Home Invasions Reaching New Levels of Violence - Do You Carry In-Home?

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Don't have a pet dog yet, but did add video cam doorbells, get instant alerts of anyone approaching door and brings up live video. Also has 2 way audio to communicate and discourage from a safe distance.

One great thing about pocket carrying a lightweight j frame is - you put it in your pocket and forget it's there. It's like your wallet. It's just there. If your pants are on, it's there. If you take your pants off it's nearby.
    Peace

VIP Member
    That's the way I feel about my 2" SP101s...they fit my jeans back pocket like they should...about 27 oz loaded and comfortable...easier to hit well with than a lightweight...recoil's a lot less with that weight. I use Packy Compac grips and they're quicker out of the pocket than the smaller J grips, but conceal real well under a Tshirt. Choose more or choose less, both are great always guns.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I've been a cop for 22+ years in a fairly large city (500k+) that is quite violent. I've been to the scenes of numerous home-invasions over the years and spoken to the surviving victims, so I know how fast they occur. I also live in a small town with an under 20k population and little crime. I have little chance that I will be targeted for one of these types of crime. However, I also know that strange things do happen and being that odd statistic isn't really a status I seek. So, even if I'm just around the house, some type of firearm is either on my person or within arm's reach.

Besides having my dedicated home defense gun secured at my bedside, I always pocket carry a P3AT. Like @bustoff said, having a small pocket gun on you just disappears and is never in the way of doing things at home.

Most of the time I carry my gun in the house. Usually, if I go out to run errands or whatever I am doing, I am carrying my gun and then when I get home, I just don't take it off until I go to bed. Pretty soon I will be moving into an apartment on my own when my wife goes to Law school so I will be alone most of the times so I am going to make it a bigger habit to make sure my gun is within reach at all times. At the moment, if my wife and kids are home, I keep it locked up in a safe.

I have something other than my EDC i keep ready in the house.

I also have a Doberman and two other dogs who hear everything - and will let you know.

Fortunately, I live in a pretty nice middle class neighborhood, with lots of nosy neighbors, and a OCD neighborhood watch. There are also two LEO households within a few houses of mine, and those guys always drive their official cars to and from.

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    And home invasions will continue to increase as long as our country continues to be invaded.

No, I do not live in an area where I find it necessary to go armed inside my own home. But I keep a rifle ready-at-hand for that unlikelihood to happen.
    Last edited by KevinRohrer; April 11th, 2019 at 06:44 PM.
    The Old Anglo and ButtShot14 like this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

Houston, TX yesterday.
    https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/cr...0-630a91e2d23c

"Soon after, their brother, 20, arrived at the home with their mom. When he saw something was wrong, he went and got his gun and fired at the suspects while they were running away. One of the suspects, who was armed, was shot in the head."
    I think he was very lucky (and the family) as he apparently had to get his gun from somewhere. In the home? With armed invaders inside? I wonder where he had the gun, it doesn't sound like it was on his person.

An ARLO system is a good investment as well.

And if I am home alone, I always take my Nano into the bathroom with me when I shower.

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinRohrer View Post
    And home invasions will continue to increase as long as our country continues to be invaded.
    Is this true. Violent crime rate has been dropping for the last 30 years and is at rates we have not seen since the '60s. Are there burglary/home invasion statistics that say we are worse off now than any time on the last 30 years? Are we collectively buying into an assumption while disregarding facts?
    Rockymonster and ButtShot14 like this.

Do I carry in the home? No. Why? A few reasons: First we have a very suspicious 140# Anatolian Shepherd, second we live in a low crime sleepy burg, third, there's a piece only steps away.
    Take one or more of those away, and my attitude would change.

When minutes count my pistol is seconds away at home.

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    I've answered this earlier but I love the topic.

Although I live in a very affluent neighbourhood I never assume that violent invasions will never happen to me or my family. Never! I always either have a piece on me or nearby. Always! I don't leave defending my family up to chance-it's my choice! Even now; I'm own my couch, with my laptop, watching tv, chilling; but I have my HK VP9sk w/13 rd mag on the table in front me. I'll swap it out with my HK 45c w/10 rd mag w/light once it gets dark outside.
    Snub44 likes this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links