Home Invasions Reaching New Levels of Violence - Do You Carry In-Home? - Page 4

Home Invasions Reaching New Levels of Violence - Do You Carry In-Home?

This is a discussion on Home Invasions Reaching New Levels of Violence - Do You Carry In-Home? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Macantic I have been carrying at home and everywhere for many years,it's always in my pocket except for when I'm in bed,and ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: Home Invasions Reaching New Levels of Violence - Do You Carry In-Home?

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    I have been carrying at home and everywhere for many years,it's always in my pocket except for when I'm in bed,and then it's within reach on the night stand.
    Same here. Sig P226 open carry OWB at home, Sig P239 IWB and S&W 638 in a pocket when away from home. The 226 is on the nightstand within reach at night.
    sparkyfender likes this.

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    a compact Glock .45 is on my side as I type this, prior to going out into the dark, cold and snow to feed and check livestock before going on patrol today.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Had a case here just the other day where a man heard a noise walked into kitchen and saw a man on his patio who was attempting to break into the home that then pointed a gun at him he was able to get off three shots and stop the perp. Got to remember these people have made up there mind to commit a felony and one most consider violent. I carry a gun if I am dressed when not there's several within reach.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    I think I saw you in a movie: "Secondhand Lions."
    or maybe it was "Gran Torino"
    PhaedrusIV, graydude and OldChap like this.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonB77 View Post
    I carry a pocket pistol around the house at all times. I feel naked without a 642 or a Glock 43 in my pocket.
    Yep! same here.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Here's what I don't get.

Seems like way too many home invasion stories start off with a statement of how the invaders surprised the occupants.

Do lots of folks just leave their doors unlocked? Do they open their doors to whoever rings the doorbell?

What's wrong with these people?
    OldChap, scottync and Rdiorio25 like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Here's what I don't get.

Seems like way too many home invasion stories start off with a statement of how the invaders surprised the occupants.

Do lots of folks just leave their doors unlocked? Do they open their doors to whoever rings the doorbell?

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Many people believe that if it has never happened to them before, it never will.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Here's what I don't get.

Many homes are surprisingly easy to get into. The front door may have a sturdy deadbolt but look at the door leading from the laundry room to the garage or the patio doors. Elderly people with the television at high volume are especially susceptible. My mother would get mad at you if you suggested she needed hearing aids yet she kept the television volume so high you could hear it from the driveway. Her patio doors were sliding glass. A sturdy screwdriver beneath the door would pry the entire unit off its track.
    Texas Red and Aceoky like this.
    Simplistic solutions to complex problems seldom produce satisfying results.

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    or maybe it was "Gran Torino"
    Name:  A.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  15.6 KB
    OldChap and Aceoky like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    I think I saw you in a movie: "Secondhand Lions."
    Oops

Name:  lions.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  30.2 KB
    Attached Images  
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

flh
    I wonder how many of these home's had no dogs ? I feel that a dog/dogs are the best deterrent ...When my family was young I had to work a lot of overtime, I also had Rottweilers , I was never worried about my wife a daughters safty while I was away ...

Get a dog great deterrent , great friend/company...

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Let's see respect, even when we don't agree with someone else's opinion.
    BTW! The only gun not lost when I visited the grand Canyon stays with e 24/7.
    A side note for those who like this kind of stuff.
    It is lightly snowing and 34 degrees in Mid Valley Oregon. Tom TKH

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That would be "you're" an idiot, but it's not nice either way.
    Either way its true, tho "your an imbecile" is even better. Some of these idiotic Police statements on the gun forum web deserve to be called out, and not nicely, this being one of them. What next? saying "cops shoot more innocent people then criminals do"?
    OldChap and Rdiorio25 like this.
    A Man's house is his castle

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    I wonder how many of these home's had no dogs ? I feel that a dog/dogs are the best deterrent ...When my family was young I had to work a lot of overtime, I also had Rottweilers , I was never worried about my wife a daughters safty while I was away ...

Get a dog great deterrent , great friend/company...
    Yep. We've owned and trained GSD's for many years. Admiral makes an awful fuss if anything is out of place. He never takes days off and he is militant in his protection of "his" domain. Granted, it is slightly annoying when I am awoken to his snarling and barking at 2am only to find my neighbor's cat in my driveway, but You can't sneak up on us. So I'm willing to overlook it.
    flh, xXxHeavy, OldChap and 3 others like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

flh
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Yep. We've owned and trained GSD's for many years. Admiral makes an awful fuss if anything is out of place. He never takes days off and he is militant in his protection of "his" domain. Granted, it is slightly annoying when I am awoken to his snarling and barking at 2am only to find my neighbor's cat in my driveway, but You can't sneak up on us. So I'm willing to overlook it.
    Neighbors cat wouldn't have made it in the driveway , it took three years after my last rotttie passed for rabbits to be seen in my yard again, if my alpha male barked (a rarity) I was out the door because someone was out there , I've never chained/kenneled my dogs I've used invisible fence for the past 30 years , the dogs have free movement any place on my property...We no longer have rotties (I miss them) we have three dogs including an American Stanfordshire Terrier a great dog just as loving and protective just a lil smaller much easer to take with us camping etc ...
    sparkyfender likes this.

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links