Stand your ground shooting update, Florida. - Page 20

Stand your ground shooting update, Florida.

This is a discussion on Stand your ground shooting update, Florida. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet While we can't hear what is being said, I did not see anything particularly threatening in Drejka's motions, a least nothing ...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Stand your ground shooting update, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    While we can't hear what is being said, I did not see anything particularly threatening in Drejka's motions, a least nothing warranting a blindside physical attack. Lots of arm waving, but that's pretty normal. I did note that he managed to get everyone's attention who passed by.
    If I were a woman in a vehicle(with a baby in the back if I remember correctly) and I felt threatened by someone in the parking lot, my first thought would not be to exit the vehicle and get in his face. It would be to roll up my window, lock the doors and maybe move the vehicle.
    OldVet and OldChap like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the evidence presented at trial, much of which we do not have.

I can spin a lot of "what ifs." What was McGlockton saying? What was the woman saying? What was the woman doing? Is there anything about McGlockton that may be relevant that we cannot see from the video? Same for the woman. Lots of stuff we don't know.

I'm not going to go through the trial record line by line to make that call.

Drejka was found guilty, it's done. I've go not concerns about the verdict.
    None of that matters, what matters is he shot someone that was not an imminent threat at the moment he fired.
    Bad Bob likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    None of that matters, what matters is he shot someone that was not an imminent threat at the moment he fired.
    None of that matters?

McGlockton: Baby, get the gun!
    Woman: I'm Getting it, gonna kill him!

Now I don't know if they said that. Very likely not. All I do know is what I saw in the video, which was without sound and not high resolution. But there's a lot I don't know about what happened. My point is until one hears and considers all the evidence at trial, all they have is an opinion.

So I'll just go with the verdict, rendered by people that considered all the evidence, and not my opinion.

If you are saying you'd convict on the video alone, with nothing else, then all the state needed to do was play the video and rest their case.
    OldChap likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    None of that matters?

Now I don't know if they said that. Very likely not. All I do know is what I saw in the video, which was without sound and not high resolution. But there's a lot I don't know about what happened. My point is until one hears and considers all the evidence at trial, all they have is an opinion.

So I'll just go with the verdict, rendered by people that considered all the evidence, and not my opinion.

If you are saying you'd convict on the video alone, with nothing else, then all the state needed to do was play the video and rest their case.
    That's all that was actually necessary to convict, but the state had to go through the motions of a trial.

still doesn't rise to the level of imminent grave bodily harm or death from McGlockton. He's not armed [ if he's telling someone to get the gun ], you have him at gunpoint instead of having shot him. Just who still has the upper hand and is the imminent threat, the man with the gun in his hand, not the man telling someone else to retrieve one.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Sponsored Links