They really don't know - Page 3

They really don't know

This is a discussion on They really don't know within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Stirling XD I assume the lawyer is a vegan and steak houses terrify her. ^^^ Not quite, but you may have described ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: They really don't know

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    I assume the lawyer is a vegan and steak houses terrify her.
    ^^^ Not quite, but you may have described her husband :)

* this comment in no way demeans vegetarians, you guys are cool, but Vegans are just weird ;)
    Stirling XD likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

@jmf552 There is nothing wrong with folks who hate guns, knives, self defense and everything in between that a couple of months of ride-alongs on Friday and Saturday night with their local officers won't cure. We had a couple of terrified-type folks enrolled in our Citizen's Police Academy one semester. When we started explaining the force continuum, they got real quiet and looked like they were going to be sick. After class, I suggested they sign up for some ride alongs because it might help them understand better.

Sure enough, after three busy nights, they came to see me and said, "I never dreamed there were that kind of people in the world." I just smiled and said, "Welcome to your world."
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    Not all lawyers are like that. Two years ago i went to a lawyer in Colorado. I noticed the NRA sticker going in the front door. When we were done discussing business i asked if he was into shooting etc. He said i sure am and pulled out an LCR .357 from his pocket lol. As it turned out we go to the same indoor range.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petroleum 1 View Post
    Not all lawyers are like that. Two years ago i went to a lawyer in Colorado. I noticed the NRA sticker going in the front door. When we were done discussing business i asked if he was into shooting etc. He said i sure am and pulled out an LCR .357 from his pocket lol. As it turned out we go to the same indoor range.
    If you read my OP I said only 2 of the 3 lawyers in the room were clowns. My wife works for a law firm. I am aware there are many good lawyers out there, but there are some amazing turds too.

Like someone said earlier, they are intelligent people. The passed multiple years of schooling and work to get where they are. However, I do believe some of them choose to live in some kind of fantasy world where reality just doesn't happen.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

VIP Member
    Denial - the river in Egypt, @viney266
    viney266 and Rockymonster like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Sounds like the book I just got done reading. It was written by a lawyer. Main character was a lawyer. She was investigating some very bad bad guys. One shot a witness and an ATF agent. A suspect was shot. Still, the stupid lawyer didn't want the other major character who was along side her investing the murder to have a gun. The who attitude was that anyone not in LE and owned a gun was a bad guy, or at least dangerous. Surprisingly, the major character protected herself from a car jacking by the real murderer with her gun.

Similar situation with the current book, also a murder mystery, where an airline pilot didn't want any loaded guns on the plane, not by the US Marshal who was transporting a prisoner or by the frequent flier FBI agent! A large number of pilots are former military. After 911 I would think that most pilots would be thrilled to have an armed LE on board! Also the target of the sadistic serial killer who specifically and openly targeted this woman doesn't like it that the FBI agent protecting her is carrying a gun! Stupid!!!!!

My books are just the opposite. After the kidnapping and death threats and a guy driving by an leering at her twice, the MC wants the biggest, baddest gun she can get her hands on! Training and a calm head prevail and she and her husband get a practical set of weapons for personal and home defense. MC becomes a mamma bear protecting her cubs when a not so accepting abuser's brother goes after the ex-wife they took in and has the AR aimed at him after he finally gets into the home. Sadly, she also has a calm head and through words and a tiny "red jacket" on his chest, sends him out running into the arms of the police. He don't know how lucky he was!
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

There are only 2 things in this world I am afraid of, laywers and a certain little red headed woman, not necessarily in that order.
    Rockymonster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Marine Corps...

urruh!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links