Outgunned by Rifles? - Page 3

Outgunned by Rifles?

This is a discussion on Outgunned by Rifles? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MisterMills357 "The Associated Press reports that “at least four suspects…[allegedly] stormed the residence” and the resident opened fire. One of the suspects ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Outgunned by Rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    "The Associated Press reports that “at least four suspects…[allegedly] stormed the residence” and the resident opened fire. One of the suspects died in the home, another died after fleeing on foot, and a third was found dead in the getaway car."

A 12 gauge would do that in short order, I don't know what gun he used, and I wish they would publish it. Just so people would know. Maybe an AR-15?
    Reported locally as AK 47

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    We didn't know what was going on when we saw the officer creeping up the other side of the street with a shotgun but we knew that we better get in the house. Turns out some guys robbed a bank in the next town down the road and they decided to jump out at our city park and to try to run up the middle of the block on the other side of the street. After it was over and they had captured the bad guys we looked at the siding on the house on the corner across the street where the buck shot made the holes the size of a pencil. Some time later I saw the cop on the street and I asked him if he fired a warning shot over the guys head and he said "No, the guy hit a low spot in the yard about the time I fired." Maybe trying for a head shot was a bad idea. But I didn't say that to the cop. To tell you the truth I don't think he lead him right.
    LimaCharlie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty222 View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    One of my friend told me,when you use the "right-shotgun",it doesn't matter how you aim.
    30 degrees on way or the other,it will get a whole bunch of B Gs.
    He's mistaken. Shotguns pattern roughly 1" every three feet with buck loads [ 00' 000; 4 buck etc ]. Room that's 18 feet long, 6" pattern give or take. We trained with shotties taking hostage takers
    Aceoky, OldChap and Bad Bob like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    We didn't know what was going on when we saw the officer creeping up the other side of the street with a shotgun but we knew that we better get in the house. Turns out some guys robbed a bank in the next town down the road and they decided to jump out at our city park and to try to run up the middle of the block on the other side of the street. After it was over and they had captured the bad guys we looked at the siding on the house on the corner across the street where the buck shot made the holes the size of a pencil. Some time later I saw the cop on the street and I asked him if he fired a warning shot over the guys head and he said "No, the guy hit a low spot in the yard about the time I fired." Maybe trying for a head shot was a bad idea. But I didn't say that to the cop. To tell you the truth I don't think he lead him right.
    One doesn't have to lead with a shottie. As an example, 000 buck runs about 1325 fps. At 20 yrds, the pellets reach the intended target in .045 seconds.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    One doesn't have to lead with a shottie. As an example, 000 buck runs about 1325 fps. At 20 yrds, the pellets reach the intended target in .045 seconds.
    People who shoot a shotgun a lot will tell you that sweeping a moving target is a lot different than point shooting a stationary target. If you shoot behind something that is moving you will hit behind what you are shooting at. No matter how fast the pellets fly. The comment was meant to be funny anyway and people who have shot a shotgun a lot would have probably thought that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    People who shoot a shotgun a lot will tell you that sweeping a moving target is a lot different than point shooting a stationary target. If you shoot behind something that is moving you will hit behind what you are shooting at. No matter how fast the pellets fly. The comment was meant to be funny anyway and people who have shot a shotgun a lot would have probably thought that it was.
    I know what people who shoot aerials will say, I've dispelled that myth using math over many years. I've also taught people how to shoot aerials using Rifle Quick Kill with no leading. Most people shoot low and behind birds naturally, so over time, they thought they needed to lead a bird, mathematics proves a bird can't fly out of a 30" pattern before the pellets get there.

And I did think it was funny, but wanted to clarify for others who might take that "leading" being necessary as "gospel".

Still, 3 out of 4 plus winged the 4th. Pretty good odds.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Reported locally as AK 47
    Attachment 288730
    Psalm 144:1

Story is sketchy but claims 4 men, at least some with rifles, tried a home invasion and met significant resistance.

That incident happened in a really bad area of Houston. The resident used an AK-47.

https://abc7.com/3-home-invasion-sus...-fire/5097295/

Yep, they call the late home invaders "victims". "Victims" my butt, they are violent scumbags reduced to worm food.
    OldChap, airslot and Bad Bob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    My shotgun with number 4 buck at 7 yards does 6 1/2'' to 7'' group. My hallway is 21 feet long.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    My shotgun with number 4 buck at 7 yards does 6 1/2'' to 7'' group. My hallway is 21 feet long.
    Yup, 1" pattern per 3 feet is the general pattern. Your group matches the general spread for that distance.
    OldChap and Bad Bob like this.

Uncle Joe said ....Get yourself a shotgun!!
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Uncle Joe said ....Get yourself a shotgun!!

Let's at least be correct in his quote. I believe he actually said, "Get your WIFE to take a double barrel shotgun out on the balcony and fire two shots into the air."

Presumably that gives Uncle Joe time to hide so that when the bad guys stop trembling and massacre his now unarmed wife, they won't find his precious hide.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

On topic...I think all local sources are now agreed that the homeowner used an AK-47. Wise man.
    Cornhusker95 and alsaqr like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post

Let's at least be correct in his quote. I believe he actually said, "Get your WIFE to take a double barrel shotgun out on the balcony and fire two shots into the air."

Presumably that gives Uncle Joe time to hide so that when the bad guys stop trembling and massacre his now unarmed wife, they won't find his precious hide.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

On topic...I think all local sources are now agreed that the homeowner used an AK-47. Wise man.
    Now your just nit pickin...LOL
    OldChap likes this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    i hope Joe runs for Dems, we need some new quotes, the dem primary debates should be entertaining.

anyway, at least Joe didnt say to tell your wife to rack her double barrel on the porch to scare people away. Most DEMS wouldn't even find anything wrong with that.
    OldChap likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links