Guys on Spring break fight off armed gas station robber

This is a discussion on Guys on Spring break fight off armed gas station robber within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The video is crazy. So many questions. It would have ended differently for me - I can tell you that though. https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/26/s...station-fight/...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Guys on Spring break fight off armed gas station robber

The video is crazy.

So many questions.

It would have ended differently for me - I can tell you that though.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/26/s...station-fight/
    airslot, CommonCents and CG11 like this.

Sponsor
    Those boys got lucky the robber wasn't willing to fire on them. No other reason why someone wasn't shot.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Those boys got lucky the robber wasn't willing to fire on them. No other reason why someone wasn't shot.
    Seems no one was willing to fire.
    AzQkr, airslot, OneGunTX and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    So many things that did go wrong there and everyone is lucky that things didn't get worse. It looks like at first the guys were trying to control the gun, but then they simply turned their attention to fighting the BG. He had plenty of opportunity to open fire and hurt/kill some of them. If you are going to fight a guy with a gun, you need to control the gun, not the guy.
    Has anyone tried turning the country off and then back on again?

It would hardly be the first time some super-intelligent criminals tried to rob someone with a fake pistol. I've seen Airsoft pistols with the orange muzzle piece cut off, and real pistols that were unloaded - the criminal thought such would insulate him from aggravated robbery charges!

In one case I heard of a guy who raised one of the Airsoft fakes and almost got killed except for marginal marksmanship.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

VIP Member
    Lots of good luck there for the intended victims; someone was watching over them. Unwise response.
    Any Day Now likes this.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

And no one thought to use the pump nozzle to douse either thug.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Here's a little more info.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-sp...ry?id=61968799

Says the victims were brothers and cousins of each other...never says whether the gun was real or loaded - but the guy who got control of the gun said he didn't want to shoot the robbers because they were somebody's sons / brothers etc...
    CommonCents likes this.

Hopefully those guys don't throw like they hit.
    Any Day Now likes this.
    It's not waterboarding if you use JP-8

They need to “unfriend” the guy in the red plaid shirt - he stood by and did absolutely nothing, even when he saw the second bad guy run up on his “friends”. Think I would’ve left him in Florida, to walk back to Indiana!

I tell you what I see.. I see a whole lot of grown men who have NO IDEA how they should respond, how to work together and have nearly NO WILLINGNESS ( half hearted at best) to use force. Every single individual on this video ( including the badguys) are complete goof balls. I am amazed that someone was not shot.

I tell you what though.. that guy in the red shirt standing around frozen and just watching when the second badguy shows up would not be someone I would be hanging out with.

When the badguy runs right up into the middle of them, they should have made short work of him. Given that no shots were being fired, they should have been able to handle the robber and his compatriot very easily.

I am not a tuff guy by any stretch of the imagination but I was mortified by the bumbling actions of the numerous victims.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Wow! 3 of them get an "A" for effort! The 4th victim needs to be sentenced to some MMA courses and a bootcamp to find his manhood.

You gotta love the quote from the one kid, he pointed a gun at my stomach, and i went in to fight mode! Then after rasslin the gun away, he couldn't shoot them because they were someones sons. In a way its nice to see some All American righteous optimism, but dang, those kids were lucky.

I didnt see details in an article, but it had to be a real loaded gun, or the thugs wouldnt have backed off when the kid pointed it at them.

The tide seems to be turning in America, people fed up with BS political correctness and are starting to fight back. Good to see!
    airslot, OneGunTX, OldVet and 1 others like this.

The article said they are related. The kid standing there is definitely the beta male. Makes me wonder was the gun real, was it loaded, did anybody know how to use the gun? The BG's didn't act that worried when it was pointed at them. All four guys were out of the car, how many guys does it take to pump gas?
    Any Day Now likes this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Probably punishment enough for thugs to have this video get back to the 'hood.
    Any Day Now likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Well, I don't crawl out of bed without good luck.
    AzQkr and Any Day Now like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links