Are the gun/ammo needs of the armed citizen different than for a LEO? - Page 7

Are the gun/ammo needs of the armed citizen different than for a LEO?

This is a discussion on Are the gun/ammo needs of the armed citizen different than for a LEO? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bad Bob No pharmacy in Walmart in our state, unfortunately. You are assuming an attack will happen away from the car. Statistically, ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree578Likes

Thread: Are the gun/ammo needs of the armed citizen different than for a LEO?

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    No pharmacy in Walmart in our state, unfortunately. You are assuming an attack will happen away from the car.
    Statistically, yes I am. Most people are not attacked around their car. Most defensive uses of handguns happen away from the car.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Welcome to my world ,
    I get them so bad...I vomit...Light and noise is unbearable....Some smells can trigger them....They are not fun that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post

Spoke with a local FBI agent yesterday who had just returned from Quantico where they were all given the spiel about how the 9mm is superior to every other round out there and the bullet the FBI chose was the most lethal one available. They told him that the new 9mm penetrates deeper and causes a more significant wound than the 40 or 45. All the FBI agents there accepted that without question.
    I donít doubt that at all. For years they have recruited those with College degrees in accounting and other things. The closest thing they have to gun people are those that make up the TAC Teams.
    flh, matthew03, OldChap and 5 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I donít doubt that at all. For years they have recruited those with College degrees in accounting and other things. The closest thing they have to gun people are those that make up the TAC Teams.
    Back in the 80's, Ma. had just two street agents. One in Boston, one out of Springfield. The rest were accountants and atty's working white collar crimes. Those two would have to coordinate backing each other up on the street, a distance between the two was 90 miles [ about 1.5 hours travel on the Mass Pike ]. The Boston street agent would sometimes utilize me for backup when the other agent was unavailable. I met him working a case that involved Whitey Bulger and we shared information, me more sharing than the other way around.

The white collar crime guys were nearly useless on the street. It was like having atty's and accountants with badges, not badges that had degrees
    flh, matthew03, OldChap and 8 others like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    Statistically, yes I am. Most people are not attacked around their car. Most defensive uses of handguns happen away from the car.
    Many people get attacked around their car...Unfortunately most are not prepared to deal with it.
    That is where most victims are with their money in hand and valuable goods they bought at the store they were just in.
    I see it all the time....A shopping cart rolling across the parking lot with a new TV etc and the person clueless as they are lighting
    a smoke...Talking on the cell phone...Yelling at the kids...Criminals may want your car...May want your money...May want your new TV...
    They may want all three and most people make it easy for them.
    matthew03, msgt/ret, OD* and 2 others like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Many people get attacked around their car...Unfortunately most are not prepared to deal with it.
    That is where most victims are with their money in hand and valuable goods they bought at the store they were just in.
    I see it all the time....A shopping cart rolling across the parking lot with a new TV etc and the person clueless as they are lighting
    a smoke...Talking on the cell phone...Yelling at the kids...Criminals may want your car...May want your money...May want your new TV...
    They may want all three and most people make it easy for them.
    I don't mind making it look easy for them in a parking lot, it's going to be a lot harder to actually take it from me if they want to start a party. Back in the day, a buddy and I used to play "trolling" in the projects during the heat of the summer months just for something to do [ he was a fellow street investigator ]. Never could get the turds to bite on us, guess as much as we tried to look like bait, they weren't buying it. Even wearing a 1 ounce gold coin in a bezel and heavy gold chain outside the T wasn't enough bait. But we tried.

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Back in the 80's, Ma. had just two street agents. One in Boston, one out of Springfield. The rest were accountants and atty's working white collar crimes. Those two would have to coordinate backing each other up on the street, a distance between the two was 90 miles [ about 1.5 hours travel on the Mass Pike ]. The Boston street agent would sometimes utilize me for backup when the other agent was unavailable. I met him working a case that involved Whitey Bulger and we shared information, me more sharing than the other way around.

The white collar crime guys were nearly useless on the street. It was like having atty's and accountants with badges, not badges that had degrees
    Yup...and I'm expecting it is still the same, but they all have dreams of being an Elliot Ness. They jump on glory so fast it makes your head spin. I don't suppose that culture will ever change, unless their supply of college graduate accountants who can tie their own shoelaces dries up - which might be sooner than we think.

@Cornhusker95 I do "overwatch" for Mrs. OldChap whenever she goes to the local WalMart. I just put my tennis racquet bag in the truck and have her park in a spot where I can survey the parking lot. It is simply amazing how absolutely brainless about 50% of the population is. Sometimes I want to scream at them to wake up, but I just watch. @AzQkr I can't get them to bite on me either. I always thought I had a kind face!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

I don't mind making it look easy for them in a parking lot, it's going to be a lot harder to actually take it from me if they want to start a party. Back in the day, a buddy and I used to play "trolling" in the projects during the heat of the summer months just for something to do [ he was a fellow street investigator ]. Never could get the turds to bite on us, guess as much as we tried to look like bait, they weren't buying it. Even wearing a 1 ounce gold coin in a bezel and heavy gold chain outside the T wasn't enough bait. But we tried.
    The difference is you are prepared...Most are not...I wonder how your results may have differed if you rolled out a undercover retired 70 yr old cop
    with a cane and oxygen along with a cart full of electronics?
    AzQkr and OldChap like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    The difference is you are prepared...Most are not...I wonder how your results may have differed if you rolled out a undercover retired 70 yr old cop
    with a cane and oxygen along with a cart full of electronics?
    We'd played the trolling game on spur of the moments when we got bored. Never thought to take it that far using props just for a game.
    OldChap and Cornhusker95 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Yup...and I'm expecting it is still the same, but they all have dreams of being an Elliot Ness. They jump on glory so fast it makes your head spin. I don't suppose that culture will ever change, unless their supply of college graduate accountants who can tie their own shoelaces dries up - which might be sooner than we think.

@Cornhusker95 I do "overwatch" for Mrs. OldChap whenever she goes to the local WalMart. I just put my tennis racquet bag in the truck and have her park in a spot where I can survey the parking lot. It is simply amazing how absolutely brainless about 50% of the population is. Sometimes I want to scream at them to wake up, but I just watch. @AzQkr I can't get them to bite on me either. I always thought I had a kind face!
    Yep...Stories are endless of a certain retailer and bad things happening in their parking lot.
    I do the same thing...And i am amazed as i watch people without a care in world leave the store
    and head to their car.
    OldChap likes this.

We'd played the trolling game on spur of the moments when we got bored. Never thought to take it that far using props just for a game.
    That would be a good a sting though....I am sure it has been done
    OldChap and AzQkr like this.

flh
    You still moved like a officer ...
    OldChap, AzQkr, OD* and 1 others like this.

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    You still moved like a officer ...
    Even hunching the shoulders and looking lost, we couldn't get a bite in the project.
    OD* likes this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Yup...and I'm expecting it is still the same, but they all have dreams of being an Elliot Ness.
    How about Melvin Purvis, I doubt many of today's FBI even know what the Bureau of Prohibition was.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Maybe they should return to the days of yesteryear and recruit actual "gunmen".
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links