What is your reaction.

What is your reaction.

This is a discussion on What is your reaction. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As a parent. What would be your reaction to this scenario if you were carrying? Would your first reaction be to draw your weapon? A ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: What is your reaction.

What is your reaction.

As a parent. What would be your reaction to this scenario if you were carrying? Would your first reaction be to draw your weapon?

A unprovoked random stranger grabs your baby and slams it to the ground.

https://abc13.com/teen-throws-baby-t...store/5343382/

GpTom, gatorbait51 and CG11 like this.

The gun would've stayed in its holster-I wouldn't have needed it. ;)

If it had been my child that had happened too, the police would only need to be there to take a statement. There would be nothing left for them to do. At least that is how I would feel anyway!
    Me: "..and that brings us back to the age old question, how much ammo should you carry or how much is enough, doesn't it? Lol "
    AzQkr: "
    The age old questions answer is carry more, not less. For if more isn't enough, less surely won't be. lol"

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by halem1 View Post
    If it had been my child that had happened too, the police would only need to be there to take a statement. There would be nothing left for them to do. At least that is how I would feel anyway!
    Calling an ambulance for the stoned guy lying on the ground bleeding, and then​ taking a statement.

I am not a parent (that I know of) but this is a prime example of when a 1911 or BHP may be utilized as a social etiquette training device, just apply it vigorously to the criminals noggin until he sees the error of his ways or is incapable of further criminal actions.
    GpTom, JeffreyR, wmhawth and 11 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

I am a monster when it comes to the safety of my children. A while back there was a thread about "Ugly", I think that might describe it.
    Last edited by Vexmaw; June 14th, 2019 at 01:19 AM. Reason: typo
    Old Man, JeffreyR, halem1 and 6 others like this.

Since the guy left immediately I'd be more concerned with the condition of my child. Intercepting him before he could grab the kid would be a different story.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    By myself I'd check on the baby. If my wife or another adult was there to check on the baby I'd.... Well let's just say "ugly" would come out.

If I were a witness to this, "ugly" would come out as well. I know "be a good witness" but that goes out the window when someone harms a baby.

I wouldn't have drawn on him, but he might have wished that I did.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

If I was with my wife, I wouldn't need to do anything but look after the child. She's a red head from Gaston County, NC. A deadly combination!!!
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Distinguished Member
    If I could draw before he dropped the baby, I would do it. If not, I would not draw. First I would get between him and the baby. Then I would introduce him to a solar plexus punch, which will end the episode. Link is to the method.

https://howtheyplay.com/individual-s...o-Solar-Plexus
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    If I was with my wife, I wouldn't need to do anything but look after the child. She's a red head from Gaston County, NC. A deadly combination!!!
    On the wrong side of a Red Head?! NO THANK YOU!!
    Been there, done that and it weren't no fun the first time, don't plan on there ever being a second time!
    Hatchee and hogdaddy like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I am not a parent (that I know of) but this is a prime example of when a 1911 or BHP may be utilized as a social etiquette training device, just apply it vigorously to the criminals noggin until he sees the error of his ways or is incapable of further criminal actions.
    Thats the very reason I prefer to keep all the sharp edges and angles on my 1911’s.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

I would not leave the child to launch an attack on the miscreant, but I might 'accidentally' run his ass over in my rush to get the child checked out at the ER.
    scottync and hogdaddy like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

911?, there's about to be a dead guy in the parking lot of xyz. Roll and ambulance for my child and a morgue truck for the perp

JK,

Babies welfare first,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links