Parking Lot Rage?

Parking Lot Rage?

This is a discussion on Parking Lot Rage? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in the tub and I heard some undesirable noise in from the parking lot, a car horn beeping repeatedly. I got up and ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Parking Lot Rage?

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar

Parking Lot Rage?

I was in the tub and I heard some undesirable noise in from the parking lot, a car horn beeping repeatedly. I got up and looked out the little window next to the AC and there was a car, a Chrysler, dark gray best I could tell, with a door wide open, nobody in sight. I turned and heard the car squealing tires and went back to the window to see someone trying to run and the car running into him on the passenger side hood. I grabbed my vest and fought to get my jeans on my wet body. Oh my, what a fight that was! I had to run to the other side of the apartment because mom's wheelchair blocks the door at our bedroom. By the time I got out of the apartment and went back to the other side of the building I had my Shield in hand and ready for use. All I saw by that time was the car racing across the parking lot and out to the street, nobody in sight. No blood that I saw, so that's a good thing I guess.

This follows having a car next to me pull into my lane while riding the VStar and 2 old members trying to fly past the pack and getting blocked by someone suddenly stopping in their lane to make a left turn. She road to the right of the car and almost running into our Road Captain and him racing around on the left shoulder and giving the driver a nasty look. I wasn't feeling well and had to get some Tums and ginger ale to settle my stomach. The pack took off, but one stayed behind to ride with me the 20 miles back to town. I felt like just pulling over for a nap. I get home and I have to deal with a plugged kitchen drain. 11pm before I get that finished, then the above happened as I was soaking in the hot bath to try to just relax and burn out whatever bug is lingering on me.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

I would’ve stayed in the tub, but that’s just me.

What's a Road Captain?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Rabbit212 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MillennialNorth View Post
    What's a Road Captain?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Road captain is the name for the rider who coordinates a multiple-bike ride. Road captain can refer to both the leader and the sweepers who, among their other duties, check that other riders are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not a cop, stay in the tub.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Not a cop, stay in the tub.
    Not a cop, but this.comes.to mind...

Psalm 144:1

Apartment parking lot, let the law sort it out.. I would have no skin in the game & I take showers ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

You had your Shield out and in your hand with no apparent threat to you or your family anywhere around? In an apartment parking lot?
    C'mon, man, use your head. Just stay in your apartment and call the police.
    niks, hogdaddy, Frodebro and 14 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

flh
    Your writing a book , testing the scenes out here on D.C. to judge reactions ...

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

If this is a book theme its very weak IMHO. If its real life you probably should not own any firearms.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redsafety View Post
    i was in the tub and i heard some undesirable noise in from the parking lot, a car horn beeping repeatedly. I got up and looked out the little window next to the ac and there was a car, a chrysler, dark gray best i could tell, with a door wide open, nobody in sight. I turned and heard the car squealing tires and went back to the window to see someone trying to run and the car running into him on the passenger side hood. I grabbed my vest and fought to get my jeans on my wet body. Oh my, what a fight that was! I had to run to the other side of the apartment because mom's wheelchair blocks the door at our bedroom. By the time i got out of the apartment and went back to the other side of the building i had my shield in hand and ready for use. All i saw by that time was the car racing across the parking lot and out to the street, nobody in sight. No blood that i saw, so that's a good thing i guess.

This follows having a car next to me pull into my lane while riding the vstar and 2 old members trying to fly past the pack and getting blocked by someone suddenly stopping in their lane to make a left turn. She road to the right of the car and almost running into our road captain and him racing around on the left shoulder and giving the driver a nasty look. I wasn't feeling well and had to get some tums and ginger ale to settle my stomach. The pack took off, but one stayed behind to ride with me the 20 miles back to town. I felt like just pulling over for a nap. I get home and i have to deal with a plugged kitchen drain. 11pm before i get that finished, then the above happened as i was soaking in the hot bath to try to just relax and burn out whatever bug is lingering on me.
    yhgtbsm.
    niks, hogdaddy, Frodebro and 7 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    Grabbed your vest? One of those specially made for CCW or some other kind of high speed low drag thing? And yeah,I agree with the idea of staying in the tub. Unless you are under threat, keep that gun in its holster rather than going all Rambo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking Lot Rage?

Personally, I would’ve just called these ladies to the scene and let them handle the situation:
    Bad Bob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    yhgtbsm.
    As long as he don't flush ; ) PS Unless it's his BOOK
    H/D
    Mike1956 likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seebee62 View Post
    Road captain is the name for the rider who coordinates a multiple-bike ride. Road captain can refer to both the leader and the sweepers who, among their other duties, check that other riders are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Your sweeper is called the Tailgunner. He makes sure everyone is ok and is first to do a lane change. If a bike goes down, pulls out of the pack (as in lost clutch cable or dead engine), he or she stays with the downed bike and the next to last person becomes Tailgunner.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links