Stand Your Ground

Stand Your Ground

This is a discussion on Stand Your Ground within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not sure if this is the best forum for this. My wife had this on Amazon Prime when I got home and I only saw ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Stand Your Ground

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar

Stand Your Ground

Not sure if this is the best forum for this. My wife had this on Amazon Prime when I got home and I only saw the last part, but great message, and a horrible, offensive prosecuting attorney who just wanted a gun owner convicted for defending his property and the unfortunate accidental shooting of a combative suspect. Too many prosecuters like this.
    CG11, G-man* and Mike1956 like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Distinguished Member
    ?????
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    Not sure if this is the best forum for this. My wife had this on Amazon Prime when I got home and I only saw the last part, but great message, and a horrible, offensive prosecuting attorney who just wanted a gun owner convicted for defending his property and the unfortunate accidental shooting of a combative suspect. Too many prosecuters like this.
    I often appreciate what you have to say but every once in a while your posts are lacking in specificity / context. What movie/documentary was it?
    halem1, hogdaddy and ButtShot14 like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Is this a documentary?
    We get the government we deserve.

Maybe this?

It is available on Amazon Prime, as RedSafety noted.
    Retired USAF E9
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member
    Movies are at best adaptations of real life. I pay no attention to them. I observe and react to reality.
    Holmes375, Bad Bob and Pete63 like this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Succinct and to the point.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

I think stories like that are good reminders to people like us who keep and bear arms for defense. There are overzealous prosecutors out there and overzealous plaintiffs and plaintiffs lawyers. If I ever have to shoot someone, I will not hesitate, but I will also make sure I am 100% in the right AND I don't do anything to make it even appear otherwise. Even then, I want to have a legal plan to back me up.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    I often appreciate what you have to say but every once in a while your posts are lacking in specificity / context. What movie/documentary was it?
    Um, Stand Your Ground? Movie, not documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I think stories like that are good reminders to people like us who keep and bear arms for defense. There are overzealous prosecutors out there and overzealous plaintiffs and plaintiffs lawyers. If I ever have to shoot someone, I will not hesitate, but I will also make sure I am 100% in the right AND I don't do anything to make it even appear otherwise. Even then, I want to have a legal plan to back me up.
    You cvan do nothing wrong, and still face heavy charges by corrupt and overzealous detectives/police and prosecutors. While Stand Your Ground is only a movie, it does pretty much reflect what you could face in the hands of corrupt anti-gun freaks.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Um, Stand Your Ground? Movie, not documentary.
    My bad.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

You cvan do nothing wrong, and still face heavy charges by corrupt and overzealous detectives/police and prosecutors. While Stand Your Ground is only a movie, it does pretty much reflect what you could face in the hands of corrupt anti-gun freaks.
    Where did the movie take place? Many places in the US self defense shootings are ho hum. The only ones we hear about are the liberal prosecutors in liberal areas. There have been a few in Texas and Arizona. I live in one of the most conservative area's of the US. Not much of a concern around here.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Location, location, location.
    spclopr8tr, G-man* and G26Raven like this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

VIP Member
    One review:
    An American TV film drama; Based on a true story about a man accused of murder when he tries to stop three men stealing copper from his business premises. His church going mother finds her faith put to the test as she feels helpless to help her son. He languishes in prison while the prosecution seeks a life sentence. Released as "Cry for Justice" in the UK, it has two main themes: the right to defend your home and business, and having faith in the truth. The acting is below par and many conversations in scenes away from the courtroom had a stilted manner. Some scenes were poorly edited, tumbling into each other without much care and attention for the narrative. Cameron Arnett as the lawyer gives a creditable performance, drawing in the audience to the case and builds up the tension to an impressive courtroom climax but his weeping to the jury felt unnatural.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Ok, I see it IS based on a true story. The home used was the home of the real main character and the prison chaplain was the real prison chaplain.

https://www.amazon.com/Stand-Your-Gr...t-video&sr=1-1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links