Stupid Barroom Drunks -- Sheesh - Page 3

Stupid Barroom Drunks -- Sheesh

This is a discussion on Stupid Barroom Drunks -- Sheesh within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; jmf552 that is impressive. Thanks for sharing with us....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Stupid Barroom Drunks -- Sheesh

jmf552 that is impressive. Thanks for sharing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Thatís why I drink at home, no idiots to put up with and I outgrew drinking to stupid over 40 years ago.
    I enjoy bourbon at home. But there's still one guy who hangs around making stupid comments all night.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    I enjoy bourbon at home. But there's still one guy who hangs around making stupid comments all night.
    Name:  th.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  10.6 KB
    Nmuskier and ETXhiker like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The most lopsided fight I ever saw was in a bar in College Park, MD. The aggressor was a drunk guy that might have weighed 170. He picked a fight with a guy that was sober and looked like a defensive lineman. The big guy tried to avoid the fight until he couldn't. A shot to the jaw of the little guy and it was over, TKO. We left. Drunk makes you stupid.
    Wavygravy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Wavygravy

Never broke a hand! The right cross that I perfected in Lowe House boxing club at 15 years of age (of course wearing big boxing gloves!) worked really well, a slicing right hit, to the left side of the jaw.
    Hits to the nose (Me giving same) was palm strikes, the butt of hand. The actual back end of the hand, the inside.

When dealing with groups of young guys (would not have said Guys then!) groups of 4 or five. I would isolate the leader, by asking a question, never the same person came back! He would be closest. "Can I ask you a question?" "What time is your last Bus?" Head immobilized, answer formulating, my hands up alongside my face like a French man talking. Very quick delivery, hand to the nose!
    Much faster than the clenched fists, at the waist common with tough chaps. Often with face thrust forward (Thank you!)
    And of course, immediately followed by a shin kick or scrape down. A real attention-getter. Two of us, 4 or 5 of them. Larry or George would tense up at the Bus comment! Depending who would be working with me, invariably Friday nights. More or less instant strikes. Cheating? Well yes. The crowd would scatter, giving us room to move on the rest.

You have to imagine the doorway at street level at the Cavern Club, on Mathew Street, pronounced by a Scouser "Matuw" there was a 4" step right there. Now, this was not an often occasion, but often enough. Our reputation (Exagarated sure) caused quite a few turns and walkaways. Thank you!

After all, it was just a part-time job. We had full-time jobs during the day. Paid in cash? Records? No Sir paid out of the ticket cash.

The Manager thought we were pushing the crowds in, but we were all young Fathers, we were culling the twenty-year-old men, the outside of a few pints of beer, the 15-year-old girls were with their friends or boyfriends, we stopped what we thought were sources of bother. And 13 stone steps to get them out of, if the trouble was downstairs.

Might of never got a broken nose but got stabbed twice.

Not to be a jerk but I would have given him ‘my space’. That said sometimes these situations are unavoidable. For those I always have pepper spray in my right pocket because my striking ability is pretty low.

Distinguished Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Strange substance Alcohol. Makes people feel tough, while it degrades their ability to be tough. I used to be a bit of a bar fly, seen all kinds of stupid, and even did some stupid myself. These days the only time I hang out at the bar is with the wife on a friday night for a couple of beers and chickenwings. Usually out of there by 7:30 before the "pros" show up.
    I respectfully disagree. Alcohol brings out the true personality. If a person is a mean drunk they are a mean person.

Although at this age I only get drunk a time or two per year while at home with friends I am among the world's happiest drunks.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Alcohol brings out the true personality. If a person is a mean drunk they are a mean person.

Although at this age I only get drunk a time or two per year while at home with friends I am among the world's happiest drunks.
    Some truth to that, but Iíd stop short of saying itís always accurate. I tend to get even quieter than I normally am, but thatís largely because I really like my drink and donít want to be interrupted. :)
    M1911A1 likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post

I've always observed that alcohol doen't bring out anything that wasn't already there.

An angry insecure guy becomes loud and aggressive after a few drinks, because that's who he is. Same with silly, show-off drunks; they're latent attention seekers. "Hold my beer!"

Me?

I've always been a "happy" drunk, although it's been a few years since I over-indulged.
    Wavygravy and msgt/ret like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

I was the worst kind of drunk -- fairly happy, peaceful, and drunk 24 hours a day. Most people didn't even know I was drunk. When I say "worst," I mean this -- if you drink just to maintain and "get rid" of problems, there's a problem.
    It was very difficult to quit.
    msgt/ret and rotorhead1026 like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    I've always observed that alcohol doen't bring out anything that wasn't already there.

An angry insecure guy becomes loud and aggressive after a few drinks, because that's who he is. Same with silly, show-off drunks; they're latent attention seekers. "Hold my beer!"

Me?

I've always been a "happy" drunk, although it's been a few years since I over-indulged.
    It makes me clever, appealing to women, and fluent in a couple of foreign languages.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I bartended my way through college and a few years after graduation.
    I saw my share of stupid stuff.
    Holidays were the worst as it brought out all the armature drinkers.
    I used to tip my bouncers well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I was the worst kind of drunk -- fairly happy, peaceful, and drunk 24 hours a day. Most people didn't even know I was drunk. When I say "worst," I mean this -- if you drink just to maintain and "get rid" of problems, there's a problem.
    It was very difficult to quit.
    Hang in there! :)

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    Hang in there! :)
    No problemo, rotor. I recently had my 6th anniversary of sobriety. Gets easier every year!
    rotorhead1026 and ep1953 like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    It makes me clever, appealing to women, and fluent in a couple of foreign languages.
    Ever notice that when drinking, first you get "smarter" and then you get "stronger?" Happened to me more times than I can count.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links