Red Flag Tactics - Page 2

Red Flag Tactics

This is a discussion on Red Flag Tactics within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Better to simply stay below the radar, IMO. I agree, but what do you do if they find you on radar? ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Red Flag Tactics

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Better to simply stay below the radar, IMO.
    I agree, but what do you do if they find you on radar?
    Hiding is good but not always an option.
    M1911A1 and Nmuskier like this.

That is how gun confiscations in general will be carried out, IMO. They want the guns, not fights.
    How can we defend against that tactic - or do we just give up the country?
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    How can we defend against that tactic - or do we just give up the country?
    Long, slow, expensive court battles. Hopefully. The alternative is horrific.
    Psalm 144:1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

In my case the law enforcement outfit and controlling municipality had better have a really good reason, or a lot of liability insurance.

If you've a good case, there are plenty of outfits who will help you out, as noted above.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Red Flag laws are a liberal scam to take guns from law abiding citizens. I have not heard of them trying to go into a ghetto and taking guns from drug dealers when their neighbors call.

Better to simply stay below the radar, IMO.
    I hate to tell you, you are not below the radar on anything. Do you have a hunting license, member of any above mentioned groups, filled out any kind of paperwork to buy weapons or ammo, used your credit card at or even being on the mailing list from any kind of firearm establishment (Cheaper Than Dirt, PSA, Gunbroker, Brownells, any supply house), have a subscription to any hunt or shooting magazine, ran a search on ebay or Amazon for anything shooting related, go to any kind of weapons or shooting web site. You are on the radar, on the list, and on the board. It just depends on where you live, how bad things get, and who is running the program before you number comes up in the lottery.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG45 View Post
    I hate to tell you, you are not below the radar on anything. Do you have a hunting license, member of any above mentioned groups, filled out any kind of paperwork to buy weapons or ammo, used your credit card at or even being on the mailing list from any kind of firearm establishment (Cheaper Than Dirt, PSA, Gunbroker, Brownells, any supply house), have a subscription to any hunt or shooting magazine, ran a search on ebay or Amazon for anything shooting related, go to any kind of weapons or shooting web site. You are on the radar, on the list, and on the board. It just depends on where you live, how bad things get, and who is running the program before you number comes up in the lottery.
    My debating days here have come to an end. Carry on.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Illegal search and seizure.
    If you are taking me in to custody, you better be arresting me for something.
    Sue,sue,sue. They all need to be taken to court.
    All the way up to the supreme court.
    Hopefully you'll get financial support to do so. Most of us don't have that much money.
    Terry 2.0 likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Red Flag laws are in direct conflict with due process, and there's no way around it. It's sad we as a country don't treat the second amendment more like the first amendment, and SCOTUS Justice Clarence Thomas agrees the 2A is treated- wrongly- with less respect.
    NECCdude and gatorbait51 like this.

Mike…Five-Six, I am sorry and apologize. I did not mean to have any kind of debate with you. You are a knowledgeable man and have the experiences to back your thoughts and beliefs. What I wrote was not really for you, but for others who have not thought of all the other realities of modern life. I feel you were talking about keeping a low profile with the neighbors, your neighborhood, and public in general that you must interact with. And I agree whole heartedly.

But I had a flashback from a conversation I watched some 40 years ago and had to say something. A friend and I were shopping in “Carter’s Country”, in Pasa-get-down-dena, TX. And heard a man complain about some new gun law. My friend asked if he was a member of the NRA. No, he did not want to be on a list and let them have his name. Friend asked do you have a hunting license, “yes”. Then you are already on one government list.

Again, I apologize. Please keep up the good work you do on this board. Thank You

I think this tactic depends on state laws. In some states, they get a confiscation order, but not necessarily a search warrant. Then you have to either sign a form that says you gave up all your guns, or then they go get a search warrant and come back. Other states they get both.

The other limitation to this tactic are:
    • What if you EDC? What if you have a truck gun? There's two guns they missed right there.
    • What if you have a top end safe? Are they going to show up when you aren't home and bring a guy in with a burn bar to open it and maybe burn down your house?
    • What if you house is locked and no one is home? I don't think they automatically get "no-knock" warrants.
    • What if you have a dog? Are they going to just shoot the animal in preparation to taking your guns.?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I wish we (forum) could have a discussion about the
    popular so called RED FLAG laws, with examples of this happening, how they are obtained from a court, how long they are allowed before a hearing, standard of proof, cost...it appears RED FLAGS are loathed and feared, but pretty much un-known among our members, other than they not liked...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    I wish we (forum) could have a discussion about the
    popular so called RED FLAG laws, with examples of this happening, how they are obtained from a court, how long they are allowed before a hearing, standard of proof, cost...it appears RED FLAGS are loathed and feared, but pretty much un-known among our members, other than they not liked...
    The forum has had several discussions about actual incidents, to the limited extent they have been reported in the media. The text of the laws themselves for each state is available online. How it is playing out in the courts would be a matter of court record. People here would only know about that if they were personally involved in one and wouldn't wish that on anyone. I think people on this site are less likely than most to get in that situation.

We know that FL has issued more than 2,500 red flag orders in the year it has been law. Over 100 of those have been against children, including an 8-year-old.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

@CavemanBob - Was that Steve Reams, Weld County Sheriff? He has said he will not enforce red flag warrants. The methods like Randy Weaver sounds like it would be better than no-knock middle of the night raids, that would be bloody.

We're about 60 days from red flag laws becoming law here so I bet right after January first it'll be in the news - the first confiscations.

The state AG says it is constitutional in his opinion. B S!

Hope this does end up in SCOTUS and get kicked to he!!.
    NRA Life Member - U.S. Navy '68 - '72

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry 2.0 View Post
    @CavemanBob - Was that Steve Reams, Weld County Sheriff? He has said he will not enforce red flag warrants. The methods like Randy Weaver sounds like it would be better than no-knock middle of the night raids, that would be bloody.

We're about 60 days from red flag laws becoming law here so I bet right after January first it'll be in the news - the first confiscations.

The state AG says it is constitutional in his opinion. B S!

Hope this does end up in SCOTUS and get kicked to he!!.
    It's been several months but I believe it was Spurlock from Douglas County.

The state AG is an, well, I can't say that on this forum. Colorado has some real doozies these days...
    Terry 2.0 likes this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links