Why you DO need an AR-15 - Page 2

Why you DO need an AR-15

This is a discussion on Why you DO need an AR-15 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good vid Mike. I always enjoy hearing Mas. Thanks for sharing with us....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Why you DO need an AR-15

Good vid Mike. I always enjoy hearing Mas. Thanks for sharing with us.
    BBMike and CLASS3NH like this.

One real reason and one secondary. Reason 1 I want one, reason two cash is in the budget to allow it.
    BBMike, Hoganbeg and airslot like this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Why you DO need an AR-15
    Because I want one.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Because there are politicians telling me I don't need one, it must mean I need at least two.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    Because there are politicians telling me I don't need one, it must mean I need at least two.
    You do have a very good point. Soon as someone starts tell me I do need...... some how I become very interested in having one or more.
    airslot and Rock and Glock like this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

BHC
    Why do I "need" an AR15. Because this could actually happen...https://www.waynedupree.com/stacey-abrams-president/
    CavemanBob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BHC View Post
    Why do I "need" an AR15. Because this could actually happen...https://www.waynedupree.com/stacey-abrams-president/
    Perish the thought.
    NECCdude, Grizzly2, OD* and 1 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Forgive me for disagreeing but take another look;it's actually both if you consider both the video title and the text overlay. The DC post title comes from the video title, and the theme of the video is the need under the 2A for Americans to be competent with arms similar to those in use by the military forces. So, to achieve that, yes, you do need an AR.
    I do need an M16.
    airslot, Hoganbeg, BBMike and 1 others like this.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

AR-15=ck

AR-10=ck

AR Pistol=Under construction

Do I "NEED" another one? Probably not but, I "WANT" some more of them and I'll have them.
    oldIthink, Pete63, BBMike and 4 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Senior Moderator
    I've never been all that keen on the AR 15. The rifle is far from the favorite firearms I keep on hand. I originally acquired an AR 15 solely as a substitute for the M 16 for the purpose of continuing the progression of the U. S. military rifle collection, because acquiring an M 16 was impractical and costly.

I'm keeping it for that reason and to study and to shoot and, in large measure because traitorous people exist within both the U. S. political system and American society who would wish to take it from me. I don't wish to surrender American liberty. I'm stubborn that way.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.”

I like em because I like building them, no deep thinking about it; I can right now, so I do right now. If the day comes that I can't, well, they can't find all of em. Just the ones that are serialized. Besides, I've never followed rules and laws all that good anyway.
    BBMike likes this.

I bought my first AR because Hillary said I wouldn't be able to. Deep down, the gun industry must love Democrat politician.
    OD*, Arejay, bmcgilvray and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I prefer an M1A or AR-10 in 7.62X51mm for serious work. I have AR-15s in 5.56X45mm for plinking and my wife's use or other's use in a survival situation. I would prefer one of my Winchester '94 lever-action rifles in .30-30, .45 Colt, or .44 magnum to am AR-15 in 5.56X45mm for home-defense in a survival situation. I have an Alexander Arms AR-15 in .50 Beowulf for serious fun shooting. If I have to hump one through the boonies for days in a survival situation, I prefer the AR-15 in 5.56X45mm.
    CLASS3NH and Rock and Glock like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I don't have to have AR-15.

I prefer my customized AKM to the AR platform... I actually had an AR lovin' RO drooling over my rifle at the range last Thursday. After I let him fire a few rounds, he told me he had to have one.

I also prefer the 7.62x39 to 5.56/.223 as well... But I do like the promising 6.8.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Senior Moderator
    Slight thread drift here, but yeah, the 7.62X39 and especially the 6.8, in any of several guises, appeals to me in semi-auto carbine type rifles.
    Wolf357 and Rock and Glock like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links