If by circumstance you as a concealed handgun carrier - Page 3

If by circumstance you as a concealed handgun carrier

This is a discussion on If by circumstance you as a concealed handgun carrier within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only time I really liked a red dot was shooting a match indoors in that poor lighting. Even then it was a borrowed unit. ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: If by circumstance you as a concealed handgun carrier

The only time I really liked a red dot was shooting a match indoors in that poor lighting. Even then it was a borrowed unit. Even if I could still get my hands on that borrowed one, I'd probably be a dead person walking since it would be so outdated and about over 30 years old. As to stupid and foolish, I haven't bought any of those magazines in about 30 years. Stupid and foolish is having no fear of God.
    dennis40x likes this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ in My Tho at the Seminary. 1967-1969

I don't play fair. Never did, never will. I cheat.......3 spare mags, that's how I roll since working Close Security some 40 years ago.
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; February 15th, 2020 at 07:35 AM.
    msgt/ret, OD*, dennis40x and 1 others like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by dennis40x View Post
    If by circumstance you as a concealed handgun carrier and you do not have an optic sight mounted and 10 or plus rounds minimum capacity handgun you are a dead person walking. You simply won't survive an armed encounter. It matters not that you are not in the military in some foreign land or in law enforcement walking the mean streets, you are simply ill equipped with out the previously mentioned optic sight and inadequate less than at least 10 round capacity handgun. Article after article in firearms publications that's the message and if you ignore that messaging you are a foolish person, no you're just stupid!

Yes I'll admit I'm one of those stupid people.
    Yeah, well...

I ain't scared.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

If that's an 8" howitzer or 155MM that was good fire support. The 175MM at extended distances was an area destruction piece, you didn't want to be in the same grid square as the accuracy at extended ranges, because of the variances in impact. My observations from being a member of a FO/AO team member on occasion.

M119A2 8 inch Howitzer. Apparently the 175 had over pressure issues and wore out tubes quick. It was phased out in the early 70s
    dennis40x likes this.

If by circumstance you as a concealed handgun carrier and you do not have an optic sight mounted and 10 or plus rounds minimum capacity handgun you are a dead person walking. You simply won't survive an armed encounter. It matters not that you are not in the military in some foreign land or in law enforcement walking the mean streets, you are simply ill equipped with out the previously mentioned optic sight and inadequate less than at least 10 round capacity handgun. Article after article in firearms publications that's the message and if you ignore that messaging you are a foolish person, no you're just stupid!

Yes I'll admit I'm one of those stupid people.
    Karambit

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    dennis40x likes this.

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    M119A2 8 inch Howitzer. Apparently the 175 had over pressure issues and wore out tubes quick. It was phased out in the early 70s
    The 8" going over your head sounded like a freight train going by, chooo-chooo-chooo-chooo.
    G-man*, dennis40x and URIT like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I admit to having a pistol with the RDS, I still primarily EDC with open sights, but lately have noticed that its getting harder to pick up the front sight.
    dennis40x likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Yeah, well...

I ain't scared.

That is my favorite 125 weight factory load in a snub. They have some pretty good flash and bark to them.
    Texas Red and dennis40x like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Anything smaller than this and you're pretty much a dead man walking

You know anyone that makes a holster for that? AIWB would be just about perfect! >;~}
    dennis40x likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ive shot with optics I can see some benefits but you loose holster options, gun options, and conceal-ability.
    OD* and dennis40x like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    The 8" going over your head sounded like a freight train going by, chooo-chooo-chooo-chooo.
    THAT I'M AWARE OF I never had any 8-inch going over head but I used to have a job working on the south end of Fort Carson and we would have 155 flying over our heads all the time. It always sounded like ripping canvas to me and I would tell my co-workers what that sound was but they never believed me.
    Chaplain Scott and dennis40x like this.

THAT I'M AWARE OF I never had any 8-inch going over head but I used to have a job working on the south end of Fort Carson and we would have 155 flying over our heads all the time. It always sounded like ripping canvas to me and I would tell my co-workers what that sound was but they never believed me.
    Ah, Fort Carson, my first Duty station. I'd take my platoon of 5 M60A1s and we'd go to a bluff overlooking I-25 and we'd practice picking out a vehicle and ID it over the radio and have the gunners practice tracking the moving vehicle with the Main guns.
    dennis40x likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

- Ronald Reagan

I'm RE-reading the Thread, and I've got to admit that I'm beginning to seriously look at Optics (Romeo, Delta Point, etc) as a viable option in my daily carry. I currently have em on a couple of guns I bought at the Shop I work at, and YES, a lot of people are looking at them as well. Guess the eyes are getting tired too. Been looking at a Shield MOS 45 acp as a Carry gun, or a Shield 9mm MOS if that becomes available. Holsters don't seem to be much of a issue at this time, because I'm creative in my own ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Ah, Fort Carson, my first Duty station. I'd take my platoon of 5 M60A1s and we'd go to a bluff overlooking I-25 and we'd practice picking out a vehicle and ID it over the radio and have the gunners practice tracking the moving vehicle with the Main guns.
    OH you would say that!! The "PIG" is a wonderful tool..... It's lil Brother (pictured) with a FightLite Shrike upper, eats everything that I feed it too !! The Upper cost me 3500.00 which is 3x more than I paid for the original 11.5 inch gun in 1985 (Yes, that's my Maramont too)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If by circumstance you as a concealed handgun carrier-saw1-2-.jpg  

If by circumstance you as a concealed handgun carrier-picture-160.jpg  

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
    Ive shot with optics I can see some benefits but you loose holster options, gun options, and conceal-ability.
    Not really.

As someone who has a HK P30 with a Delta Point, I didn't even have holster problems.

Holster options for that gun at the time were not that great, and it's only gotten better.

As for the gun options its only a problem if you can't afford it. Even Sccy is producing an optic ready pistol in the $300 range.https://www.sccy.com/handguns/cpx-1rd/

If the gun you want doesn't come factory ready, there is someone out there willing to mill it.

Ability to conceal is subjective as some people will say it's too hard to conceal a Glock 34 or a 5" 1911.

If my 5'3 120# wife can conceal a Glock 17 with RMR, general concealability is not a concern.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links