Anytime, anywhere

Anytime, anywhere

This is a discussion on Anytime, anywhere within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The post title is a cliche' we see, and repeat here, often. This one situation hits a little close to the 10x ring though... A ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Anytime, anywhere

Anytime, anywhere

The post title is a cliche' we see, and repeat here, often. This one situation hits a little close to the 10x ring though...

A good buddy I served with has a daughter that works at this Wally-World, and her shift ended just moments before this nonsense unfolded. Y'all be careful out and about and watch those around you. I try to keep my head engaged by 'imagining' scenarios, locating exits, and ID'ing choke points, etc., etc....

As for this situation/story, what were these dupties thinking...?!?

WRT to this not-so-'out-there' scenario, what do do you do/think when you walk up on this happening?

What do I think to do? Find reverse gear in a hurry.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

My first thoughts are: Phục kŪch! Di đi mau!
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Retreat to a safe position. I also never go out unarmed. Especially wallys.

Yep, you never know when/where a situation will develop. Always be prepared.......always!!

Joe

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Anytime, anywhere!!! Just two days ago, Friday. My wife and I traveled to the city. We did some grocery shopping, I bought some ammo, we went to the range together..... Later, as we were parking at Taco Bell (DEFINITELY NOT my favorite place, but she likes it, so...) Anyway, as we are parking, two separate cars, one with a younger gal (early 20s) and another car with guy and girl about the same age, start exchanging words. The guy gets out, with "anger coming out of every pore" (my wife's words). Another car comes along, innocently parks between them, and the guy gets back in and drives off, mean-mugging the young woman.

So, nothing happened, really. But it was a great wake-up call for my wife, about just how quickly things can pop up, seemingly out of no where.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    It is everywhere, at any time, anymore.

If not the crazies, the criminals. If not the criminals, the thrill seekers. Or the cranky old folks. Or the young heathens, or their women.

All of the filters that protected society are failing, falling by the wayside. Manners are disappearing.

We need a pandemic.

Stores are running out of some inventory.

Remember the three day rule, folks.

One never knows.

I'm glad the daughter is OK.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Take care of my family. That may mean hole up, DiDi or remove the threat, situationally dependent.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

Yup, Crazy resides around every corner.
    Stay vigilant my friends.
    airslot, CLASS3NH, OD* and 4 others like this.

VIP Member
    I always remind people about the common denominator every time a violent act or hideous crime is committed. That common denominator is spoken by a resident of the neighborhood, usually to a news reporter:

"We're in complete shock. Things like this don't happen here!!!!"
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Moderator
    "We're in complete shock. Things like this don't happen here!!!!"
    Followed by the plaintive wailing of baby mommy:

"He was gettin' his act together and goin' to JUCO next fall"

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    It is everywhere, at any time, anymore.

If not the crazies, the criminals. If not the criminals, the thrill seekers. Or the cranky old folks. Or the young heathens, or their women.

All of the filters that protected society are failing, falling by the wayside. Manners are disappearing.

We need a pandemic.

Stores are running out of some inventory.

Remember the three day rule, folks.

One never knows.

I'm glad the daughter is OK.
    Careful. Tread lightly there.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Careful. Tread lightly there.
    I classify myself in that exact category.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I classify myself in that exact category.
    Well, alrighty then. No harm, no foul.

Senior Moderator
    OldVet's "reverse gear" works for effective personal defense. Wise advise to heed when recognizing that staying out of a potential altercation would best save one's personal bacon.

Mrs. BMc and I were traveling on I-30 one one of our frequent road trips to see son and family in Nashville a few years back. As we were approaching Hope, Arkansas sometime after dark she suggested that she'd like a cup of hot tea if it could be found quickly at one of the fast food joints.

We'd been driving many hours since leaving home so I whipped off the interstate into a Wendy's. Sure enough, they offered hot tea on their menu. Despite the late-ish hour (somewhere between 9 and 11 PM as I recall), the place was quite crowded with most people congregated up at the counter. Even more people, mostly young, teen-aged or early 20s were coming in the door behind us as we contemplated the menu board. It suddenly dawned on me, who could better see over the crowd, that an altercation was brewing between a female employee and a female in front of the counter over some mutual love interest and the word had gotten out that a show was forthcoming so this crowd was there to watch it go down.

With a significant look I simply told Mrs. BMc that we need to go now. She grasped my intent and we began moving toward the door through the crowd that was forming behind us. We made our exit and went on up I-30 where, at exit 46 there is a Love's travel stop we frequent on our journeys. She got her cup of tea there.

I was fully armed and with a back-up and Mrs. BMc was armed as well. Wasn't worth whatever was going to occur at that restaurant order counter to remain in there and most certainly was not the time to be a hero.

Moving through that crowd toward the door was a little difficult. Before we reached the door a deputy, a fairly young man in plain clothes and wearing a Hempstead County deputy's (perhaps constable? I can't now recall clearly) badge entered the restaurant and began pushing his way to the front of the crowd. He passed me, jostling me as he went by. I looked down and not 6 inches away from me was his holstered side arm on his right hip, a 2-inch J-Frame Smith & Wesson Model 36 which was wallowing around down in an open top holster with no retention, the holster being designed for a much larger handgun. A flash went through my mind at that instant as I spied the revolver, that I could have me a J-Frame for the taking, for in the tight crush of that jostling crowd I could have picked that cavernous holster clean and he'd have never known nor would anyone else be capable of seeing the deed done.

Not bashing law enforcement as has been discussed elsewhere in a Forum thread, but I was amazed at the carry method being employed. I returned to the car feeling sorry for the deputy and concern about the situation he was facing, but the event was above my pay grade and I knew it.
    OD*, OldVet, airslot and 7 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

ďFreedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.Ē

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links