CTD,, Why do you not ship to upstate NY?

This is a discussion on CTD,, Why do you not ship to upstate NY? within the Cheaper Than Dirt forums, part of the Vendors category; As your competitors do???.. Just asking... You would not ship 2000 rounds of ammo here to upstate NY 240 miles from the city.. Its perfectly ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: CTD,, Why do you not ship to upstate NY?

As your competitors do???.. Just asking... You would not ship 2000 rounds of ammo here to upstate NY 240 miles from the city.. Its perfectly legal to do so, so i simply did business with one of your major competitors, which i won't name here, but have named on another thread.. Sorry CTD, but thats bad business, and you lost someone that spends a lot of money on guns and ammo every year that wants to do business with you... You might want to consider rethinking a policy thats hurting your bottom line... bob
    Last edited by beebee; October 2nd, 2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Ianthin and OldChap like this.

VIP Member
    CTD is the king of bad business practices. Vultures. Scam artists. Opportunists. And lot's of things that would get me points. Too many upstanding businesses to mess with a place like CTD.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Senior Moderator
    CTD could fall off of a cliff and I'd care less. I abhor their business practices.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I am not here to bash these guys, would really like a reasonable explanation as to why they won't ship to upstate NY, when their competitors will.. I just bought 2000 rds of .380, and CTD would not sell to me, but one of their competitors was happy to, and with free shipping to boot.. I WILL do business with CTD in the future, if they would simply accommodate me.. I would love an explanation , from a CTD rep if they would be so kind.... bob

VIP Member
    I will pay double for an item before I'll purchase from CTD again. Ever.

I remember when they took those "Evil Black Rifles" off the shelves. Said they would not sell them. I have a good memory about that kind of stuff.

Online Gun Retailer ?Cheaper Than Dirt? Suspends Firearm Sales (UPDATED) ? TheBlaze

Senior Moderator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    I am not here to bash these guys, would really like a reasonable explanation as to why they won't ship to upstate NY, when their competitors will.. I just bought 2000 rds of .380, and CTD would not sell to me, but one of their competitors was happy to, and with free shipping to boot.. I WILL do business with CTD in the future, if they would simply accommodate me.. I would love an explanation , from a CTD rep if they would be so kind.... bob
    If you get an answer, please let us know.

I suspect they used a price ploy to attract shoppers, but when you placed a 2,000 round order they blanched and didn't want to sell that much at that price. They may have had a quantity limit in the machine and failed to disclose it in the ordering process, either inadvertently or intentionally. I suspect the later, to be honest.

To the contrary, their machines may just limit quantities into certain states for some unknown reason, or their machines lack the differentiations to allow upstate NY versus NYC. Who knows.

Many of us have had very distasteful transactions with them, and some of us have taken a principled stand to avoid them until after death. Put me in that camp, and I have instructed my estate to do likewise.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

When CTD asked for my mothers maiden name for an order of 22LR ammo, I decided they were not worthy of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    When CTD asked for my mothers maiden name for an order of 22LR ammo, I decided they were not worthy of my business.
    They best be don't talking about MAMA!

Just be done with CTD and move on, like so many others have.

VIP Member
    Don't know what the price of dirt is in their area, but it must be terribly expensive!

I used to look at their prices for comparison purposes. After a few years of doing this and finding that in every instance their prices were high, I quit looking at their web site. This is aside from their business practices that offended an enormous number of shooters.
    OldChap likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

CTD sucks as others noted ...That is why

Maybe as your in NY some shopes wont sell anything to NY,CA etc legal or not either as policy or just not wanted to deal with laws that are alwasy changing

But really they are jerks and most likly you got a good deal and they cancled it to avoid given it to you
    ďEvery normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.Ē H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    After Sandy Hook, I went into their physical store near Dallas. They had a 30 rd pmag for sale for $90. Iíve not been back.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

I forgot they existed. Im kind of sad that I was reminded.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=StripesDude;6375833]After Sandy Hook, I went into their physical store near Dallas. They had a 30 rd pmag for sale for $90. Iíve not been back.[/Q

I wonder how much they'll go up now ... and how soon!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links