Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It? - Page 21

Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

This is a discussion on Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank God, no...on both accounts. I hope I never have to, but I am prepared to. The last thing I want to do is take ...

View Poll Results: Have you ever had to draw or shoot your weapon in self-defense?

Voters
1602. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never had to draw or fire

1,163 72.60%
  • Draw only

328 20.47%
  • Draw and fire

111 6.93%
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

VIP Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Thank God, no...on both accounts. I hope I never have to, but I am prepared to. The last thing I want to do is take another human beings life, but if push comes to shove, I hope I'm the one still standing.
    Jtrams likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

I don't know if this counts but I was sitting in my car making a phone call at an apartment complex on a seedier side of town about an hour ago. When I'm on the phone I'm always keeping my head on a swivel, checking the mirrors etc. About 25 feet behind me, I see a guy approaching my car from behind with a gun in his hand held close to his thigh. He's approaching my drivers side door. I'm drawing my P938 from my pocket when I notice it's just an unusually long, 3-4", FOB keychain. Phew, my heart was racing.

Drawn twice on duty. Did not need to fire

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I had a road-rager who had followed me and my wife approach my vehicle . As he approached I had 1st Gen Glock 19 in "low ready" NOT aimed at him. Glock had a nickel plated slide (very easy to spot). He apparently spotted it and promptly vanished. In what seemed like a second or two, he was in his truck & gone. I did not brandish except in a legal manner. Thank God I did not have to aim at him or fire.
    Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Arcus 94 in my home but i haven't use it for self defense. It is legal to shoot for our self defense.

On duty, had to draw twice, fired once. As a private citizen, haven't had to draw or fire.

New Member Array ComfortHolsters's Avatar
    I had a big dog come at me once & I knew he meant business. I was able to get my pistol out right before he got to me. His owner shot guns a lot so he knew I had a boom stick in my hands & immediately stopped and ran off. My sidearm saved me even though I didn't have to use it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duty, years ago in Military twice, did not have to fire, as a civilian, never and I Pray that I never have that happen.
    USAF, Retired
    ✟✟✟ Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 ✟✟✟
    Life Member: VFW, VVA, DAV, VSPA, NRA

These stories really remind me how real threats are and how sucky it is to have to draw on someone. I hope I never have to.

My neighbor was just telling me before I turned 21 a few months ago that a concealed was great to have, even though he's 67 and has never needed it. Long story short, within a few months after telling me that, he needed it.

It's very frightening at the thought you will have to shoot someone. Twice due to false alarms on my home security system I went through my house not knowing what happened. I never want to be in that situation but like a lot of folks in this forum am prepared.

Drawn- yes

fired - no.

Came home one night, home had been broken into and trashed, called LEO's, had my weapon drawn however.

Quote Originally Posted by asanabia68 View Post
    On duty, had to draw twice, fired once. As a private citizen, haven't had to draw or fire.
    2/7/2014 Archives Easy Printing
    http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/...24D8CDEF6E5198 1/1

Archives

THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING Print this page

PUBLIC HOUSING OFFICERS, ROBBER IN SHOOTOUT
    Author(s): MICHAEL A. WATTKIS Date: December 22, 1995 Section: NEWS

Officers at the Brick Towers apartment complex in Newark last night exchanged gunfire with a masked robber, moments after he held up and shot a man in the courtyard, police said. The guards returned fire at the gunman as he fled in a waiting car from the complex at 685 Martin Luther King Blvd., said Detective Donnell Bailey, a department spokesman. The robbery victim, Frank Cooper, 35, of Rose Street, was wounded in the right forearm and was listed in stable condition in University Hospital. Bailey said Cooper was walking through the courtyard about 8:30 when the gunman, wearing a ski mask, approached him and demanded money. After he turned over $23, the gunman demanded more and stuck the weapon against Cooper's forehead. The detective said as Cooper raised his arms, the suspect shot him.

Constables who had been alerted to the robbery, saw the shooting as they exited the building and shouted at the gunman to put down his weapon. Bailey said the gunman instead bolted toward a getaway car, turning occasionally to fire at the officers. They fired back as the assailants sped north on Quitman Street. It was not immediately known if either man in the car was hit. Neither of the officers was wounded.

Anyone with pertinent information was asked to call Detective Dwayne Wilkins and Ron Soto at 733-6280.

Technical problems: If you have a technical problem with your account please e-mail [email protected].
    Copyright 1995, 2008 The Star-Ledger. All Rights Reserved. Used by NewsBank with Permission.

Just a few days ago I had a guy try to get into the vehicle while at the drive thru at McDonalds. He was actually pulling on the door handles (locked doors). The wife was in the back seat feeding the baby. My pistol was pointing directly at the guy's chest putting it about a foot from the back of the baby's head. There is no way I could have pulled he trigger inside of the vehicle. The guy eventually backed off but never left. He didn't seem too worried and neither did the cops. Luckily I saw him before he got close to the vehicle and was ready.
    At one with the gun.

Crack the windows and open your mouth. Still would've hurt though. Thank God you didn't have to fire
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. - JFK

I've never had to draw but I came close once. My wife and I were leaving a restaurant at night and getting onto a motorcycle in a dark parking lot. My wife alerted me to a guy who came walking up and began asking questions about the bike. Wanting to a nice guy, I responded to a couple of questions while gearing up and getting onto the bike but he continued to get uncomfortably close, which prompted me to put my hand on a Glock 30sf in an IWB holster. I firmly told him to step back, that we were leaving and pulled away as he was still talking.
    It was a learning experience about being too complacent by letting a stranger get too close.
    "Evil is all around us. Stay alert my friends." -- Oldnfat

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links