Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It? - Page 34

Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

This is a discussion on Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Must have been around 1987, my brother and I were driving from Tennessee to Laredo TX. Back then almost no one had cc permits. We ...

View Poll Results: Have you ever had to draw or shoot your weapon in self-defense?

Voters
1601. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never had to draw or fire

1,162 72.58%
  • Draw only

328 20.49%
  • Draw and fire

111 6.93%
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

Must have been around 1987, my brother and I were driving from Tennessee to Laredo TX. Back then almost no one had cc permits. We took a little AMT 380 with us and put it in the glove box. We had stopped in Tupelo to get some snacks. It was evening and we didn't know we were in a bad part of town. I went in the convenient store and my brother stayed in the car.. When I came out of the store there were 3-4 thug looking guys walking over to the passenger side of my car, where my brother was sitting with the window down. Could tell these guys were up to no good. Anyway when they got within a couple of feet of the window my brother opened the glove box and the pistol slid out in view of the thugs. Immediately they raised their hands shoulder high and stepped back quickly. They got the hell out of dodge just from seeing the gun. My brother never even had to pick it up. Moral : the old adage, " better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    She answered the poll. Where in the OP does it say to provide details? I guess if someone had to draw and shoot, they might not want to discuss details.
    Thank you PEF, you get it. Prayers that no one has to ever be in either situation.
    yooper71, OD* and paulinsf like this.
    Please relax, take a deep breath....
    Trust the Lord God with all your heart, and He will direct your path.
    Jesus loves you, you will be okay.
    ❤️

No. hope not to

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    She answered the poll. Where in the OP does it say to provide details? I guess if someone had to draw and shoot, they might not want to discuss details.
    Thank you for the clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draw once in law enforcement, did not have to fire

Last year had to draw on knife wielding addict. He ran and I holstered. During my time in Nam it was a different story. My M1911 was drawn and fired many times.

Truckinbutch and Texas Red like this.

Both my daughter and myself had to use our sidearms to defend our home no shots fired.

Never had to draw, much less fire, but in 50 odd years I've had a few "discretely position hand near gun butt" moments.

Senior Member Array GreenMan0352's Avatar
    Yeah in Juarez Mexico that was a bad week

no, never & I really honestly hope I never have to.

Drawn?? maybe. I shot and killed a rabid fox who came after us on a golf course in PA. I had the gun in a pocket of my golf bag. The fox gave us plenty of warning just sitting there watching us. Normally these are very reclusive animals and avoid all contact with humans. We sort of drove up the cart path past him and were maybe within 20' of him, followed the path around the backside of the tee-box and drove up to the tee markers. When we got out of our carts and we're reaching for our drivers he decides to come over our way. Killed him with a load of 000 buckshot.

I did have to draw my Springfield XDs 9mm on a couple of idiots looking through windows of other houses. They were between my house and the neighbors house and I had my wife call 911. I confronted them, asking them what they were doing. It was two men. One of them had his hands in his hoodie pocket and I asked to see his hands and he asked me why. I drew my weapon and said "show me your hands now!" and they both complied and I held them there until the police arrived (10 minutes). Thank goodness I didn't have to shoot. Turns out that both of them had been arrested before for attempted burglary.

I pray I never have to draw my weapon ever again.

I've drawn twice to thwart would be home invaders. I've fired multiple shots the second time from a 2nd Gen. Glock 23.

Negative. Been carrying for years.

I hope to God I never, ever have to.

Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Draw Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by kdangler View Post
    If you are a CCW holder:

Have you ever had to draw and/or shoot your weapon in self-defense?
    I have carried legally for over fifty years. The answer is twice, as a civilian. In 1965 I was walking home on a dark, deserted street, and I was alone, when three strangers appeared and demanded my wallet. I fired a war souvenir Beretta 1934 GT Gardone .380 into a telephone pole four feet away to make sure the three aggressors knew I had it. End of confrontation.

In December of 1996, on my way to an early evening business meeting, I encountered five teens robbing and beating a street musician very badly in downtown Seattle. I displayed a S&W model 36 revolver but did not fire it, as they retreated promptly while hurling obscenities. They were utterly contemptuous of threats to call the police, but quite anxious to avoid being shot. I read later in the paper about young teens of their description arrested for beating another street musician to death.
    Chaplain Scott and gloves12 like this.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Sponsored Links