Defensive Carry banner

CCWSAFE.com - Anybody Have Experience With This?

118K views 142 replies 72 participants last post by  mr.stuart 
#1 ·
I currently have legal "insurance" through Texas Law Shield.

Anybody have experience with CCWSAFE? On paper, it appears to be a better program, and less expensive.

Thanks!

:blink:

Reactions: ArmyCop
#2 ·
I've done some (medical) legal consulting for the attorneys that own CCW Safe... They are intense, gun-owning, hardcore individuals who are serious about gun rights and are damn good lawyers. When I finally get my CCW that's going to be my first move. They have yet to get a real 'shoot' case (just a couple of folks needing help with their CCW, etc) but I could tell by talking to them a few months back they're itching to 'get into the fight' and help one of their clients... Gonna get a membership for me and the wife. MONEY WELL SPENT.

#3 ·
Just heard a Satellite radio ad for these guys on the Mark Levine Show. Then I looked them up when I got home. This actually seems like a pretty good deal and a very good idea.

I think we might get the dual membership for my wife and I.

#5 ·
Just heard the ad for the first time myself on Sirius NASCAR radio. Surprised there isn't more feedback here one way or the other, unless they are a new service. Very intriguing to say the least. Could end up being money well spent. Seems like an insurance of sorts that includes legal counsell. Like any insurance, I hope I would never need it, and I'm sure that's how they make their money. But if its a legit service, seems like a wise choice for those who couldn't otherwise afford good defense in those situations.

#8 ·
Just because the shooting may be justified and you are not found guilty in CRIMINAL court, does not mean the family or related parties of the victim can't take you to CIVIL court. More than likely they will and you may have to pay for some sort of damages or loss. I am not a lawyer however and I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge will elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Every state has some sort of "insurance commissioner." It might be worth making some inquiries to these folks to
find out if the company is lawfully operating as an insurance company. If they are, then you can proceed to decide
if the premiums are worth the potential benefits and services.

Reactions: drbald1
#13 ·
Kentucky is the same way, but I know not all states are like that. Look at OJ. He was found guilty but still lost the civil suit.

#17 ·
Since Texas Law Shield was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I'll add that I've been a member of TLS for a few years and have been impressed with them. They provide excellent educational seminars and in conversations with some of the attorneys involved, they seem to be very committed to supporting the legitimate ownership and use of firearms. CCWsafe may be just as good, not as good, or better. I'll be checking them out. But I wanted to put in a good word for Texas Law Shield. I've learned a lot from them.

#19 ·
I like TLS but good to see another group come along as an alternative. CCWSafe sounds good and telling us all the right things but just got a natural distrust for lawyers. Also I'm not sure about what is meant by "provide" from their statement from the web page: "If our members are involved in a use of force incident we provide the best defense attorneys in the U.S., expert witnesses, and investigators specially trained in use of force lawsuits and investigations." Does it mean referals or cover all costs or??? I do like the fact that they're also engaged with their clients on the Civil as well as the Criminal side of a shooting/.

#23 ·
I did my personal research on this company as best I could which says this company sounds real good but as some have said they haven't had a case yet. One piece of information I found quite interesting was a channel on YouTube called weaponseducation. They also have some very good, informative videos. Check it out, I discovered it about a week ago searching for YouTube education.

#27 ·
Probably not too likely. This is not because the companies are not being honest, but rather because the fact of the matter is that defensive firearms use that first, goes to trial criminally, second, goes to trial civilly, and third involves an "insured" defendant have to be about as common as screen doors on a submarine. It just does not happen very often.

Reactions: MPaulHolmes
#30 ·
I just read over the site and it looks pretty good. It's important to remember what "insurance" or "retainer" programs are for: To mitigate your financial risk if you are charged or sued. That's great. When I took my Self-Defense Law class at the NRA HQ, the three attorneys teaching the class made it clear that the legal procedures that occur in the minutes and hours immediately after an incident are critical. They may still be worth paying out of pocket for if your "program" does not provide the response you need.

Your second call (one call) should result in criminal practice attorney experienced with the police, prosecutors and court in which that your case is being handled, and that attorney should be onsite within an hour or less. One of the attorneys who taught that class said they have seen a "program" assign a divorce attorney to be onsite, just because he was available. That is not what you want. This can make the difference of you spending a night in jail or not. Also, a good criminal attorney onsite can catch procedural errors the cops and CSIs may make and other exculpatory evidence that may get lost in the shuffle later on.

The CCW Safe site dances around some of those issues. I would ask the question point blank and I would get an independent attorney to look over the agreement before you sign it. I may get CCW Safe myself, but I'm probably going to call my current attorney if there is an incident and pay our of pocket for that "first 48 hours" response. Then I would let the insurance/retainer take care of the rest.

#31 ·
People have talked about protection from civil liability if the shooting is justified. Be careful with that. One of the attorneys who taught my SD Law class said few shootings are 100% clear cases. If a prosecutor wants to, there is almost always something you can get charged with and that leaves the door open for a suit. Also, with some of the states that have that protection, there are limits on it, like it may only be SD in the home. You can also get sued for excessive use of force, even if it was in SD. "Did you really need to fire five shots when he was out of it after the third shot?" Never think that your reading of a law on the books is the last word. Self-Defense as a legal defense in most states has more to do with legal precedents than it does what the law actually says.

#32 ·
After comparing CCWSAFE and TLS, I opted for CCW. The coverage is more comprehensive and the cost is lower. In reality, the odds are so very low that it will ever be needed.
It would be worth having some advise and bail money immediately after an incident. That alone makes it worth having.

#33 ·
The major sticking point for me is the part that says you will be represented as long as you are not charged with a criminal offense. After all you should be innocent until proven guilty and as long as CCWSafe is doing their job they should make sure that you are found innocent. Am I reading this wrong?

#34 ·
Huh? They don't cover "intentional criminal acts." Not if you are charged with a criminal offense. If you're on camera robbing a bank and you shoot someone, yeah, you're on your own. But sure they cover you if you're charged with a criminal offense. What on earth would the point of the program be otherwise?

#35 ·
I used to be second call defense and changed to CCW safe. In Florida they can not sue you in civil courts if it is justifiably. I have talked to CCW, I like the aggressive approach they take just like the LEO protection for officers get, praying that I never have to used them.

#38 ·
CCW safe has not had a case to work on but they refer to a team of lawyers with experience in use of force cases. Also what is the definition of case? Are you referring to actually going to court? Maybe CCW safe has represented someone during questioning and it never went to trial?

I'd take a lawyer who is on my side when it comes to the second amendment and is knowledgeable about defensive use of force laws.

Reactions: blackhawkfann24
#41 ·
I would love to see one of their agreement contracts. There are many more things than just attorney, investigator and legal expert fees that are possible.

Suppose they are located in Austin, TX and have a case in Carthage, TX. There can be extensive motel bills, meals, travel expenses and the same for each person that travels for your benefit.

Then we have the home town disadvantage. A lawyer in Carthage will know the Judges, the police and such where a local lawyer can work out a deal but an outside attorney will not be known and will have a definite disadvantage. I have been involved in many cases where one party lived in an area and the other did not. An attorney from out of the area represents the out of town party. The local party and the local attorney will always have a slight advantage because they are known in the area. Does the contract cover the hiring of a local area attorney to associate or will they come to that area?

How much actual experience do they have in firearm cases? In short, how many firearm cases have they won? Many criminal defense attorneys have represented people in criminal court over shootings such as bar room parking lot shootings but none in the way of self defense shootings.

There is much more to the legal profession than those outside of the legal profession knows.

This I see is nothing more than pre paid legal coverage. Many here might can tell of the experiences with that. It is virtually like having a pro bono lawyer. Yes, it can be a great income for the lawyers but it can also possibly not be a worthwhile benefit to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.