Anyone carry a 380 as a main CCW? - Page 15

Anyone carry a 380 as a main CCW?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a 380 as a main CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used to... the reason I did was because I was so "fast" with my .380. I could dump a mag on target in no ...

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: Anyone carry a 380 as a main CCW?

I used to... the reason I did was because I was so "fast" with my .380. I could dump a mag on target in no time out of my G42 - it instilled great confidence in me. I still use it now and again but, but I've been shooting so much here in the last couple of years, I can dump a 9 as fast as a .380 now. Might as well use the nine I figure.

Concealing my G42 however, is a pleasure. As much as my PPS is easy to pack, it's got nothing on the G42. Makes Not carrying it tough.
    G-man*, OldChap and Aceoky like this.
    Ezekiel 23:20

Been a full year now with the S&W BG. Liking it more and more.

Still at work right now, with BG in right from jeans pocket, extra mag in left rear. I carry like this every day, all day, in total comfort.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    I carry a LCP in my right front pocket most of the time.

When I'm feeling adventurous I carry a S&W 442 in that pocket instead. Just 5. Not even a +1.
    G-man* and OldChap like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sig P238 with me often.

New Member Array ELPresidente238's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mck1975 View Post
    Carry a Sig P238 and have all confidence in it.
    Same here. Wouldn’t trade it for anything, either. I don’t feel under gunned with my Hydras or Liberty Civil Defense (alternated with Hydras). .380 will get the job done.
    Bassleg likes this.

Right now my G26 is my EDC, but my 42 is very easy to shoot and to carry, and I'm 64. It will happen at some point.

LCP now but teetering between another J frame or...& then S&W comes out with a .380 shield.

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    In the grand scheme of things I don't. That would be a 9mm but on any given day it could be. I might even be a .32acp.
    Pocket Power likes this.
    Joe

Yes, I carry a BG380 every day I go to work, but, after work, usually carry a 9.
    The only pistol I shoot worse than the BG380, was the Ruger .380. I think they have more felt recoil in MY hands than my S&W .460.

I just picked up a Kahr CW380, last week. I took it to the range yesterday and put a variety of different loads through it, and in MY hand it is the softest, centerfire handgun I've ever fired, and I have owned/shot hundreds of different pistols in the last 40 years. I've been shooting USPSA since 1994, and IDPA since its inception.

I don't shoot a lot. Average year is only about 10K rounds. The reason I started shooting competition is so that I would be able to be more competent with my carry guns. As has been said over and over, it's all about shot placement. As a hunter, I KNOW that's true.

I want to put at least another 100 flawless rounds through it before I consider it good for a self-defense gun, but, I truly believe it is going to replace my BG380, even though I can't get a green laser for the Kahr, like I have on the BG380.
    Pocket Power likes this.

Mostly carry my Glock G43 9mm But I also carry my Browning 1911 380 auto, great gun long barrel accurate
    Holmes375 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiejuan View Post
    Mostly carry my Glock G43 9mm But I also carry my Browning 1911 380 auto, great gun long barrel accurate
    Those Browning 1911 380s are the epitome of cool.
    Bassleg likes this.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    I only carry my .380 when I really "can't" carry a weapon. The summer, at the beach, shorts and a tee-shirt on a bicycle. That lil .380 LCP beats the other gun (my 1911) I would be leaving behind.

So? Do I daily carry it? , somedays? YES...just not too many days.

No argument that it's a small gun, but it beats the .45 you left at home EVERY TIME.
    bsms2 likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

I generally carry either my Kimber Micro 380 or my Browning 1911-380.
    SmoothJazz likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RH4540 View Post
    ...I just picked up a Kahr CW380, last week. I took it to the range yesterday and put a variety of different loads through it, and in MY hand it is the softest, centerfire handgun I've ever fired, and I have owned/shot hundreds of different pistols in the last 40 years...

I want to put at least another 100 flawless rounds through it before I consider it good for a self-defense gun, but, I truly believe it is going to replace my BG380, even though I can't get a green laser for the Kahr, like I have on the BG380.
    The CW380 is an amazing little pistol! Hands down the finest micro-380 I've come across. I've yet to figure out how it can be such a soft shooter for its size, compared to the P3AT or LCP.

As for a green laser, there is one available:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ight+Kahr+P380

I don't own one, and don't know anything about Armalaser, so this is 'info only' - not a recommendation!
    Aceoky likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

LCP everyday with a 7 round mag and one mag. for back up and shoot one all the time at the range in my yard.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Sponsored Links