Which Vortex Red Dot , for EDC ? - Page 2

Which Vortex Red Dot , for EDC ?

This is a discussion on Which Vortex Red Dot , for EDC ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone else with input on this subject ? I would appreciate any help you can give me ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Which Vortex Red Dot , for EDC ?

Anyone else with input on this subject ? I would appreciate any help you can give me .

I got the Razor , and had L&M Precision mill my slide . Mark Housel did a fantastic job mounting the Razor on my Sig P320 40 compact . I love everything about the Vortex Razor , except the auto shut down after 6 hours . It isn't an issue shooting at the range , but I don't like it on a EDC weapon .

Which Vortex Red Dot , for EDC ?-img_0006.jpgWhich Vortex Red Dot , for EDC ?-img_0007.jpg
    Harryball and rocky like this.

I like the looks of that....how do you like the red dot, has it helped you getting on target quicker, and what about follow up shots? My eyes are getting old, and I am considering this myself. Did you have any issues finding a holster that you felt comfortable with that worked with the red dot? Hope you dont mind me asking but was the milling around $150.00? and what was the turnaround? Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have only been to the range one time since I got it back , but I can see already I will be able to get on target quicker . Also follow up shots are on target faster .
    On price and turnaround time go to the L&M Precision web site all that info is there . Give Mark a call he will answer all your questions .

As far as the holster goes I modded a Black Dog Tactical OWB Kydex Holster , and it works great .
    Which Vortex Red Dot , for EDC ?-img_0008.jpg
    dp1911 likes this.

Nice set up there. Not sure about the Razer but on the Venom you can switch from auto shut off to manual. I forgot which button had to be held but check the manual.

Thank you . Yea the Razor doesn't have that option >

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    I wouldn't trust my life to any of vortex offerings on a pistol. They simply aren't durable enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get that from . The Razor is a pretty tough animal .

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I wouldn't trust my life to any of vortex offerings on a pistol. They simply aren't durable enough.

And how many Vortex offerings do you own? How many of them did you break? How did you break them?
    rocky likes this.
    “In the beginning was the word. Before all else, the word. So we speak as if words matter, because they do.”
    ― Dean Koontz

Senior Member Array firefighterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    And how many Vortex offerings do you own? How many of them did you break? How did you break them?
    You don't need to own something to have an opinion on it. The great thing about the internet is that we can search for all the issues people are having with gear. The internet is littered with people telling stories of broken vortex red dots on pistols. They aren't durable enough. In addition you cannot cowitness them which is an automatic no go for me.

Take Gabe Suarez's opinions on vortex red dots

I don't like the guy but he's certainly tested gear beyond anything I can do. He's one of the pioneers of red dots on handguns.

Well , I guess you don't know anything about the Razor . It is tough , and I can co-witness very well with my set up .

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    You don't need to own something to have an opinion on it. The great thing about the internet is that we can search for all the issues people are having with gear.
    The downside to the internet is that it is full of misinformation. Just about any low IQ mouth breather can come in here and post. That doesn't make their opinions true.

Now, for the record, I'm not advocating for Vortex. I don't own any of the products in question and I don't care to. I just wanted to know if you actually had first hand knowledge about the products you were declaring to be trash.

It appears that you don't. Have a nice day.
    rocky likes this.
    “In the beginning was the word. Before all else, the word. So we speak as if words matter, because they do.”
    ― Dean Koontz

Lead Moderator
    Para45, how do you like the 6 Moa dot so far?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

First off This is my EDC , so I'm not shoot 100 yards or more . Also I am 69 years old , and I can pick it up very quick . It makes for fast and accurate follow up shots as well .
    atctimmy and rocky like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links