Colorado CCW turnaround time - Page 2

Colorado CCW turnaround time

This is a discussion on Colorado CCW turnaround time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Paramud Jefferson county, 2 weeks for the wife and I Paramud, how much did you have to pay? I had to pay ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Colorado CCW turnaround time

Quote Originally Posted by Paramud View Post
    Jefferson county, 2 weeks for the wife and I
    Paramud, how much did you have to pay? I had to pay the maximum that state law allowed ($152.50). But another member here on DC reported that he just paid $100 two days ago through Jefferson. Did they change their prices? It's possible, since we have a new Sheriff.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

Larimer County: It took 88 days for me.

Douglas County - 23 days from dropping off the application to picking up the card
    jackrock likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    Paramud, how much did you have to pay? I had to pay the maximum that state law allowed ($152.50). But another member here on DC reported that he just paid $100 two days ago through Jefferson. Did they change their prices? It's possible, since we have a new Sheriff.
    Jackrock,

I applied on 3/3/17 at Jeffco, and only paid $100. Picked up my permit yesterday so a total of 16 days turnaround time. VERY HAPPY

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have a pretty extensive background check that I must renew every 3 years. So my info is always on file and may speed things up a bit.

But if you ask me, I'll get on my soapbox and tell you the whole thing is stupid. As if someone who wanted to rob a bank was going to not hide their gun due to the laws? How do these laws do anything but put a burden and tax on good law abiding citizens? A 2nd amendment right, that I must apply and be accepted to enjoy. Murder is already illegal, along with every dubious and devious act that can be committed with a gun, so why do ANY gun laws even exist? How can you assume one's intent when they are purchasing a gun, and then before any crime is ever committed or even thought of tell them no? I have a friend who had a super minor (non violent) felony at age 18 when riding in a car with his friends. He's 35, and never had anything happen since then, but will never be allowed to protect his family and home with a gun because of the stupid laws.

If it was such an important part of our nation to make it the #2 right, then I feel like it's EVERYONE's duty to learn, own, and regularly practice with one. Honestly if we all carried one on the hip, crimes against citizens would go way down. If I'm a low life on vegas strip, do I snatch a small womans purse, or try to take an armed man's wallet? Sexual predators are just like predators in nature, picking off the weak and young first. If a woman was jogging with one in a belly band for all to see, they would wait and attack the next woman who wasn't obviously armed. Concealing is only my last resort when stupid gun laws say I can't be a gentleman and display my gun for all to see so they know I'm not hiding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JJEvans View Post
    I applied on 3/3/17 at Jeffco, and only paid $100. Picked up my permit yesterday so a total of 16 days turnaround time. VERY HAPPY
    Good to hear! And I'm glad that JeffCo is no longer charging the full maximum allowed (which is $152.50). I still have three years left on my current permit, so it'll be a while before I have to care about the personal cost.

Quote Originally Posted by JJEvans View Post
    But if you ask me, I'll get on my soapbox and tell you the whole thing is stupid. As if someone who wanted to rob a bank was going to not hide their gun due to the laws? How do these laws do anything but put a burden and tax on good law abiding citizens? A 2nd amendment right, that I must apply and be accepted to enjoy. Murder is already illegal, along with every dubious and devious act that can be committed with a gun, so why do ANY gun laws even exist? How can you assume one's intent when they are purchasing a gun, and then before any crime is ever committed or even thought of tell them no? I have a friend who had a super minor (non violent) felony at age 18 when riding in a car with his friends. He's 35, and never had anything happen since then, but will never be allowed to protect his family and home with a gun because of the stupid laws.

If it was such an important part of our nation to make it the #2 right, then I feel like it's EVERYONE's duty to learn, own, and regularly practice with one. Honestly if we all carried one on the hip, crimes against citizens would go way down. If I'm a low life on vegas strip, do I snatch a small womans purse, or try to take an armed man's wallet? Sexual predators are just like predators in nature, picking off the weak and young first. If a woman was jogging with one in a belly band for all to see, they would wait and attack the next woman who wasn't obviously armed. Concealing is only my last resort when stupid gun laws say I can't be a gentleman and display my gun for all to see so they know I'm not hiding anything.
    Off topic for the thread, but I agree with you. But right now, we have a liberal Governor and too many liberal legislators, that we'll have to chip away at this whole thing a piece at a time. Right now, I'd like to see the magazine ban repealed most of all, then also perhaps stronger state-wide preemption on open carry.
    JackRock
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

Jeffco here, took 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    jackrock likes this.

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    If you move to Colorado from another state that Colorado recognizes their cc permit do they rubber stamp your new application in Colorado or do you have to take a cc class and go thru all that again ?? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Petroleum 1 View Post
    If you move to Colorado from another state that Colorado recognizes their cc permit do they rubber stamp your new application in Colorado or do you have to take a cc class and go thru all that again ?? Thx
    Your previous permit doesn't exempt you from any requirements. If you still have your training certificate/proof from the other state, that would probably suffice. It just hast to show that it's been within the past 10 years.
    JackRock

Pitkin County: About 3 weeks

Weld County:

6/27/17: Application Submitted, Fingerprinted @ Sherriff's office.
    7/25/17: Received Permit in mail.

4 weeks exactly.
    jackrock likes this.

I'm in El Paso county as well and they do an excellent job here. I lost my permit about a month ago and contacted the SO to find out what was involved in reissuing expecting a long bureaucratic process. I filled out one short form and the new permit was issued WHILE I WAITED IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES. That's excellent service. That's a re-issue so not apples to apples here but still.....

Quote Originally Posted by tahmail View Post
    I'm in El Paso county as well and they do an excellent job here. I lost my permit about a month ago and contacted the SO to find out what was involved in reissuing expecting a long bureaucratic process. I filled out one short form and the new permit was issued WHILE I WAITED IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES. That's excellent service. That's a re-issue so not apples to apples here but still.....
    I had a similar experience when I lost my wallet in Jefferson County. Had my replacement card before I left the building.
    JackRock

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Congrats!!
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

New Member Array PhantomJiuJitsu's Avatar
    El Paso County:

Applied on 6/20/17 got mine on 7/27/17. My girlfriends came a week earlier and she applied the same day.
    Last edited by PhantomJiuJitsu; August 10th, 2017 at 10:19 PM.
    jackrock likes this.

Pueblo County (Under Sheriff Kirk Taylor) turnaround for me was/will be 29 days. I applied October 31st and according to my.usps.com I have mail from the sheriff coming today. Never could find anyone else post their Pueblo turnaround aside from another gentleman on this forum from 2008 under a different sheriff (Corsentino) who took all 90 days...so things have improved! This is especially true if you consider it was Thanksgiving last week and I assume most people took a couple days off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links