Advice needed. Anti-firearm family visit imminent - Page 2

Advice needed. Anti-firearm family visit imminent

This is a discussion on Advice needed. Anti-firearm family visit imminent within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; She wouldn't see it. As I said, I don't print. I'm thinking the shoulder hug. I just don't want to have the discussion with her. ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Advice needed. Anti-firearm family visit imminent

She wouldn't see it. As I said, I don't print. I'm thinking the shoulder hug. I just don't want to have the discussion with her. I mean, she goes to places to find synthetic replacements for meat for food.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick75 View Post
    She wouldn't see it. As I said, I don't print. I'm thinking the shoulder hug. I just don't want to have the discussion with her. I mean, she goes to places to find synthetic replacements for meat for food.
    Absolutely no reason for a discussion you don't want to have.

I have a great tofu recipe you can share with her:

1) Throw the tofu in the garbage
    2) Cook up some meat
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

If your only carrying when you go out of the house, it should be ok. Just go into your bedroom or where you keep your carry gun and put it on, nobody should be the wiser. No need to bring the subject up at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Absolutely no reason for a discussion you don't want to have.

I have a great tofu recipe you can share with her:

1) Throw the tofu in the garbage
    2) Cook up some meat
    I love this recipe. F it. I will carry, shoulder hug, and avoid waist hug proximity.
    CDW4ME likes this.

I carry AIWB and the last time someone hugged me and questioned what was that? I told them it was a MEDICAL DEVICE end of story.
    rcsoftexas and Old Man like this.
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Quote Originally Posted by USAFAMMO View Post
    Been there. If she does notice and brings it up, talk with her about it. I will assume you have kids. I told mine that this is my way of life and I have it to protect my family (her grandchildren) and myself (her son). Wouldn't she want you to protect yourself and her grandkids? If that doesn't work...move on and say that is the way it is. Good luck and always carry.
    In my case, if that didn't work, oh well. My family is too important to me to worry about what she thinks in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No kids. Not married, but might as well be.

No kids. Not married, but might as well be.
    Hang in there. Either way I'm sure eventually she might realize your desire to protect yourself (her son). Good luck to you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I carry AIWB and the last time someone hugged me and questioned what was that? I told them it was a MEDICAL DEVICE end of story.
    Mine is at ~2 o'clock.
    Kennydale likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFAMMO View Post
    Hang in there. Either way I'm sure eventually she might realize your desire to protect yourself (her son). Good luck to you sir.

No, we'll butt heads, IF she notices. I'm betting she doesn't. Dark colored shirt = concealed success.

Roger that.

Senior Moderator
    Then she needs to see this:
    elmacgyver0 likes this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Respectfully, some decisions you just gotta make on your own as a grownup. You decided you wanted to carry so some decisions on your part come with the territory.
    Have family visiting tomorrow for Labor Day. One of which is my mother, who is VERY anti-gun. How I am the way I am is beyond me, but it is what it is. Anyway, there will be gallivanting tomorrow, amidst the obvious greeting hug. She doesn't know I carry because I only tell those who absolutely need to know, and she doesn't. I do NOT want to go out tomorrow without my carry weapon, but I also do NOT want to get into a discussion about guns with her. Obviously she's my mother and I love her dearly, but IMO there are some things where concessions shouldn't be made, regardless of circumstance. what would you do? My current stance is to carry anyway. I don't print.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

I completely agree.

Mine is at ~2 o'clock.
    Unfortunately if you tell MOM it's a medical device , she'll fret over it and make you show it too her. That line works well with casual friends !!
    Truckinbutch likes this.
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Pocket carry or careful hug. Of course, there is always the possibility that some relative will come up behind you and put their arm around your waist. Your good if you pocket carry, but may be outed otherwise.

You definitely want to avoid any discussions at any cost, unless you are absolutely backed into a corner. If you're verbally attacked on the subject, you have the right to defend yourself, but there will be a price. Better to avoid the subject entirely.
    You are your own first responder.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links