Just Got "Delayed"?

Just Got "Delayed"?

This is a discussion on Just Got "Delayed"? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just went to pick up my gun that I ordered and my background check came back and said I was delayed? The guy told ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Just Got "Delayed"?

Just Got "Delayed"?

I just went to pick up my gun that I ordered and my background check came back and said I was delayed? The guy told me that doesn't necessarily mean I am not going to be approved. Can anyone comment on this what for what reason I might have been delayed? As I stated in another post I voluntarily admitted to myself into a rehab last year due to somebody stealing my pain medication. Other than that I have never been in trouble or anything like that

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    My father occasionally gets delayed but not denied. He had a FFL for 15 years a while back and he thinks that may have something to do with the hiccup. Your rehab could have showed up and that might have caused them to review it. I do believe after a week if he didn't get denied he was able to go and pick it up. Only seemed to happen at Gander Mountain too. One of many reasons we try to avoid the place.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

Thanks for responding. I am so bummed I hope I will get approved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    I'm going to make an assumption based on your user name, but it could be that your very common last name is close to or the same as someone who is flagged. That has been known to cause delays.

I'd look into getting your carry permit, as it may allow you to bypass the usual checks performed. Here, with my permit I still have to fill out the 4473, but it just gets filed and not called in.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

A common last name can get you delayed. I sold guns in Oregon State where the background check was ran by the State patrol. Id say probably 1 out of 6 people were delayed; a few days to a week or so later we would get a call with the go ahead. In Oregon State (I don't know the federal law) you could purchase the gun after 2 or 3 business days of being delayed, but you would also have to surrender the gun if it came up back denied.

Lead Moderator
    NICS has been having issues. I was at one of the local gunshops and 6 people in a row got "delayed".

Sounds a bit suspect don't it? Six in a row of people that had never been delayed before.

Of course the NICS lovers don't care. Its all about keeping guns out of the hands of the bad guys don't ya know. Peace and safety man, peace and safety.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Ya I head NICS was down Saturday. I was considering buying a gun, and the guy behind the counter told me that. I got my concealed weapons permit and it comes with its own NICS number so it wasn't an issue. The Glock 31 came with 10 round magazines; that was the issue.

I've been delayed a couple of times. They did go through though after a day or two. I was told it was because of the volume at the times.
    I haven't had to worry about callin it in for a long time now with a CCDW in KY.
    jrobin3360 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    I was with a friend at Cabelas a few months ago and his NICS came back delayed. Turned out he had misspelled his first name on the first page of the form when he typed it into their computer. doh!

I have my carry permit but they didn't ask about it.

A few FFL's I know, told me last year they were getting a lot of "denials" , and the reason given .... someone didn't pay a traffic or parking ticket, and although a misdemeanor, there had been a warrant for their arrest done because they hadn't paid it. Active warrant ... denied.

There was a traffic ticket I hadn't paid about a year ago that turned into a warrant but I took care of it long ago

Next thing you know, you'll get denied for overdue library fines. Seriously, the system needs to go send the best way to achieve that would likely be to get resolutions passed at the state or even local level refusing to comply with the federal mandate to use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get delayed every time. No explanation. The last time the NICS guy called my FFL and approved me as I was driving away. But there is a person with the same name as me who lives about 5 miles from me who has 3 DV convictions. Now that I have a CHL in Ohio the NICS check is no longer needed.

Quote Originally Posted by kjones.0791 View Post
    I have my carry permit but they didn't ask about it.
    If the rehab place or your MD reports to NICS that would do it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links