Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress? - Page 2

Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress?

This is a discussion on Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Welcome to the forum! I understand your dilemma and tend to wear tighter cloths. IWB does not work for me. My solution was to make ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress?

Welcome to the forum!

I understand your dilemma and tend to wear tighter cloths. IWB does not work for me. My solution was to make my EDC a smaller platform for pocket carry, like a .22 mag NAA Mini or .32 auto Guardian, and use a rigid front panel holster that prints like a pda or smart phone. Eventually, I found some tight jeans with deeper pockets that could work with a I-frame snub, like a Terrier, which is noticeably smaller than a j-frame.

Smart carry might work, otherwise the large cell phone style case is your only choice.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

It sounds like you are going to be limited to off-body carry (a LOT of down-sides to this IMO) based on your wardrode choices. It's all about the choices you make...
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Well, OP (without judging you) I would say that you certainly have your priorities.

For you, carrying a gun seems not to be a priority; wearing 'skinny jeans is' far more important.

Best of luck with that. Maybe the folks on the skinny jeans forum can help you.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I'm young and from California. On a daily basis I wear VERY skinny jeans (picture denim leggings, they're that small) and a formfitting button-up shirt or a fitting tee. I'm not willing to dress around my guns,
    Yeah, got the picture.

With due respect, given your geography I'd adapt to clothing that will adequately conceal the gun you carry. The attire you describe is likely to have most any gun printing badly and result in many hassles for you out there in the golden state. Maybe not the advice you are looking for but it's my advice. Concealed carry just naturally requires some dressing around the gun.

Ankle carry is what I would suggest. I started carrying a Sig 238 in an ankle holster several years back. Then pocket etc.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Distinguished Member
    IWB appendix maybe?

Sneaky Pete cell phone case - holds a .380 type micro pistol?

You may need to compromise your hipster attire to carry a gun concealed and comfortably...every single decision you make regarding a CCW is a compromise of some sort - this is no different.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Since your attire is closer to what a female wears than what a man normally wears, maybe watching videos posted by woman who CC would be more helpful.

And im not trying to judge you. By all means dress how you wish.

Its just the only comparison i have I have to make, because the dress standards are different here and many other places in the country.

But even females who dress similar to you make compromises if they wish to carry.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Smart Carry or Urban Carry with a small .380? That's probably what I'd do in your situation. Not that I want to wear skinny jeans, but I wish I could. :)

EDIT: Another thought. You might want to search for "deep concealment." Some more ideas might pop up from that...

You should really reconsider dressing around your weapon. It's an unfortunate fact that it's really difficult to keep from printing if you insist on wearing form-fitting clothes. I buy my pants larger in the waist and wear longer shirts when I carry. Carrying a handgun is a compromise between concealment and utility. Smaller weapons are easier to conceal, but harder to shoot and are usually in small calibers. Larger weapons are more suitable for self defense, but harder to conceal. If you're unwilling to compromise on the way you dress and the weapon you carry, you run a higher risk of printing.
    Last edited by Rhinoman; January 4th, 2017 at 02:18 PM.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

Belly band, ankle carry, urban carry holster. Oh the days I wish I was young and skinny again. I was 140 lbs when I got married. Now just over 50 years old I'm 5'10" tall and 195 lbs.

Now a second thought...Please don't be offended because the pictures I have here are examples from womens fashion but it shows that tight fitting leggins and jeans do have concealment options.

.I've actually seen some leggins for women with built in holster pockets. https://www.amazon.com/Original-Conc...lster+leggings

Belly band https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hols...leggings&psc=1
    Reepicheep likes this.
    You can't fix stupid. Ron White

OP hard to tell someone how to carry as You know if your not willing to modify how your dress your going to have less way to carry . Maybe a under the pants type holster . tree speed or thunder wear type . Maybe urban carry rig will work for you . Maybe a holster from Foxx holsters like there Little foxx hybrid or some man bag made for CC if that fits into your style , there out there too . Bottom like is you still have to decide how to carry all on your own . Just use a holster for pocket carry . Some try not to , bad !!

Distinguished Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTangentsPls View Post
    I hesitate to make this post because I find that a majority of people on the forum wear looser clothing like Carhartt jeans and baggy thick cotton shirts, tucked in dress shirts, etc. I'm young and from California. On a daily basis I wear VERY skinny jeans (picture denim leggings, they're that small) and a formfitting button-up shirt or a fitting tee. I'm not willing to dress around my guns, but I'm also not willing to go unarmed now that I'm 21 years old. I own (and plan to carry) a S&W 442 and a Kahr PM9. Does anyone have a suggestion of a way to carry concealed that won't instantly break California law, won't be horribly uncomfortable, and won't involve some sort of purse or fanny pack or fancy underwear?
    Thanks in advance folks.
    If you're not willing to compromise somewhere I don't see much to help you that allows on-body carry and rapid access from all of the normal positions you will be in during an average day. Everything that comes to mind presents me with a bulge you probably don't want assuming I understand the current clothing choices. That includes some of the deep-cover options that come to mind.

You can get fashionable clothes that look good and can hide the hardware without being a second skin. Consider some compromise in this case.
    Si vis pacem, para violentus.

www.inshadowinlight.com

It's been a while since I have been to CA but it seemed like baggy surfer type attire was very popular there. Baggy surfer shorts would lend themselves to easy pocket carry of the the handguns you mentioned. Just a thought...
    rcsoftexas likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

After the holidays, my clothes have become...unintentionally tighter! Take a look at Three Speed holsters. Welcome to the forum & Good Luck!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links