Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress? - Page 5

Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress?

This is a discussion on Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AzQkr Who makes that holster, if you please Brownie, since Petroleum 1 hasn't responded yet, I guessed at it (based on the ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Who makes that holster, if you please
    Brownie, since Petroleum 1 hasn't responded yet, I guessed at it (based on the logo) and hit pay dirt:

Aholster Pocket
    forester58 and Old Man like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

How about a Sneaky Pete holster?
    TeflonDon likes this.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

One of my twins [ 27 years old] has worn skinny jeans. I dont remember the size of the rear pockets but maybe this could work.

http://www.pocketholsters.com/S-W-Ta...e/JframeLg.jpg

If not this one with more coverage. Think Truckers wallet but with a gun inside.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/handmadeleather_2269_2054784

Just a thought! DR
    Renaldow, TeflonDon and Old Man like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanBarnes View Post
    Not sure if you'd lump them it with "fanny packs" but, if not, you might want to consider one of those "large cellphone case" type belt holsters. Otherwise, you've effectively ruled out all the carry methods that would be most practical for the way you dress.
    Best answer I've seen yet given your parameters. Skinny jeans and pocket carry means you have to ask your assailant to, "Um could you wait just a minute, oh there, dang, I almost had it. Just another minute. Here, would you mind holding this, ok, there, now what do you want Sucka? And give me back my keys, I just needed you to hold them while I drew my piece".

Besides, California is the one place on earth where a fanny pack does NOT scream GUN. Fanny pack in Cal could mean virtually anything and gun is among the least likely.

Signed, California escapee and proud of it.
    msgt/ret, Hoganbeg and Old Man like this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Distinguished Member Array Rainsong's Avatar
    Albuquerque, NM (although not really NEW, not really MEXICO!)
    No judgement here. I respect not basing your life around your carry gun. Mu wardrobe usually lends itself well to hip pocket carry of a pocket .380. Either TCP or LCP in my case. I use a Desantis Superfly. Maybe not he optimum rig, but I am never unarmed. And don't be fooled, I can draw plenty quick, especially if they are asking for my wallet.

Without judgement, what might work for the way I dress?-desantis1.jpgWithout judgement, what might work for the way I dress?-desantis2.jpgWithout judgement, what might work for the way I dress?-desantis6.jpgWithout judgement, what might work for the way I dress?-desantis3.jpg
    Last edited by Rainsong; January 5th, 2017 at 07:38 PM.

CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm, CZ75 B 9mm
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm
    Taurus TCP 738 .380
    Ruger LCP Custom .380
    SIg Sauer P938 9mm (Wife's)
    Sig Sauer P238 .380 (Wife's)

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    Brownie, since Petroleum 1 hasn't responded yet, I guessed at it (based on the logo) and hit pay dirt:

Aholster Pocket
    Thank you sir. Doesn't look skeletonized like the other though
    Hoganbeg and forester58 like this.

Think outside the holster

When I'm wearing clothes too tight for holster carry, I just shoulder what my lady calls my "man-bag."
    My man-bag has two large external compartments, three large internal compartments, and 8 small internal compartments.
    Interiorly, I conceal a loaded full-sized handgun, 2 spare mags and a folding knife.
    Exteriorly, I conveniently carry my cell phone, wallet, business cards, chap-stick, flashlight, keys, gum, tactical ink pen, and anything else I may need to carry that day.
    I've had no problems carrying my man-bag into restaurants, stores, or virtually anywhere in public. I carried my man-bag into church over the holidays and I blended in with the men who were carrying bible bags.
    Sometimes carrying a bag just makes more sense than trying to stuff everything into my pockets.
    There's various styles of formal and casual bags on the market that can be fashioned to meet your concealed carry needs.
    rcsoftexas and farsidefan1 like this.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Appendix carry is perfect for you. I don't wear skinny jeans but I wear fairly tight jeans when I dress up and have no issues. Granted most of the time I wear looser fitting clothes for comfort.

Pocket carry seems like a terrible idea for skinny jeans. Not only will it print like crazy you would have issues getting it out of the pocket.
    I agree. Appendix carry is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestiny View Post

When I'm wearing clothes too tight for holster carry, I just shoulder what my lady calls my "man-bag."
    My man-bag has two large external compartments, three large internal compartments, and 8 small internal compartments.
    Interiorly, I conceal a loaded full-sized handgun, 2 spare mags and a folding knife.
    Exteriorly, I conveniently carry my cell phone, wallet, business cards, chap-stick, flashlight, keys, gum, tactical ink pen, and anything else I may need to carry that day.
    I've had no problems carrying my man-bag into restaurants, stores, or virtually anywhere in public. I carried my man-bag into church over the holidays and I blended in with the men who were carrying bible bags.
    Sometimes carrying a bag just makes more sense than trying to stuff everything into my pockets.
    There's various styles of formal and casual bags on the market that can be fashioned to meet your concealed carry needs.
    Actually that is a nice stealth bag; it looks more like what you would carry for a laptop or a large tablet.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Distinguished Member
    Welcome to the forum. Do you wear a hat?
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    Its pretty simple folks. In the OP's social and work circles, wearing tight fitting clothes is blending in. Looking like a refugee from Duluth Trading Company would be completely out of place and inappropriate. I applaud the OP for coming here asking for assistance. We need more like him in CA, and unfortunately some of the responses here were less than helpful nor pleasant.
    What does a refugee from Duluth Trading Company look like? I might be him because I like their side pocket jeans which by the way is an excellent place to carry. I probably would look out of place going to the places a 21 year old would go to though. I'd no doubt feel out of place since I'm in my upper 50's. He could start a new Duluth fad though!
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Old Man made a good suggestion. At least I thought it was good, because I thought of it, too!

Consider a back pocket holster. If you do, get on that disguises the the gun so that the outline just looks like a wallet. I like Braid's holsters (wallet holsters). Depending on where you work and what you do, you might also consider something like a portfolio. I carried this way to work just yesterday (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
    Old Man likes this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Normally I'd never suggest this, but a sob holster.

Other than that, I'd say make some minor adjustments in your wardrobe and a lot more options will open up

"Just blame Sixto"

I reserve the right to make fun, point and laugh etc.

Who makes that holster, if you please
    I have found the Aholster pocket Kydex to be the best I have ever tried. The black is .060 thickness and not only holds the gun upright in both square and rounded pockets but, that hook means all I do is pull the gun. No other sweeping to the rear or pressing against the leg the holster just plain stays in the pocket no matter how I draw. Obviously I highly recommend.
    Old Man and msgt/ret like this.

Thank you sir. Doesn't look skeletonized like the other though
    That is the "Pocket Backbone" model on his website at the bottom of the products tab.
    Old Man likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links