Is it legal to conceal carry in Philadelphia - Page 2

Is it legal to conceal carry in Philadelphia

This is a discussion on Is it legal to conceal carry in Philadelphia within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While Philly is an urban mess (like LOTS of other metro areas) the State of Pennsylvania is still otherwise a pretty gun-friendly place. Lots of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Is it legal to conceal carry in Philadelphia

While Philly is an urban mess (like LOTS of other metro areas) the State of Pennsylvania is still otherwise a pretty gun-friendly place. Lots of conservatives, lots of sportsmen. Thank GAUD it's not like dealing with Massachusetts or New York!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    While Philly is an urban mess (like LOTS of other metro areas) the State of Pennsylvania is still otherwise a pretty gun-friendly place. Lots of conservatives, lots of sportsmen. Thank GAUD it's not like dealing with Massachusetts or New York!
    Yeah PA is a good place. However the only large city I would live within itís limits rather than outside is Erie. Pittsburgh is nice but the tax there is too much.

Just my opinion. Take it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by msb45 View Post
    That's why we don't honor FL permits if you are a PA resident. Our former AG and convicted felon Kathleen Kane revoked the reciprocity fo PA residents who were bypassing the Philly BS.
    I think we only honor resident Florida permits in Pa. Yea , now that I reread your post , that is what you said .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

As several have already said handgunlaw.us is the go to authority.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by pennzy View Post
    I think we only honor resident Florida permits in Pa. Yea , now that I reread your post , that is what you said .
    The only non-resident permit honored in PA is NH.

Also, I donít think there is a state that allows a resident to have another stateís non-resident permit as a valid permit within their state... even if that state has reciprocity with your state. You have to go through the process within the state for it.

Yeah , that loop hole was closed by former AG in Pa . as per msb45 post .

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball216 View Post
    Also, I donít think there is a state that allows a resident to have another stateís non-resident permit as a valid permit within their state... even if that state has reciprocity with your state. You have to go through the process within the state for it.
    There is at least one: Missouri recognizes "a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state." So, pretty much any CCW permit, resident or not. This was quite important in early days in Missouri as there were a couple of counties where the sheriffs, furious that things didn't go their way, refused to issue permits. It required lengthy court battles (which should have ended with them unemployed or, more properly, in jail, but oh well...) to force them to start issuing. Many of us had to carry on Florida permits until the dust settled.

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    I email the state police whenever I not smart enough to understand all the lawyer jibberish.
    Instymp likes this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links