Parking lot rage - Page 2

Parking lot rage

This is a discussion on Parking lot rage within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter People that think other people are not ready to punch or shoot them for little to no reason are dillusional. I'm ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Parking lot rage

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    People that think other people are not ready to punch or shoot them for little to no reason are dillusional. I'm not saying they deserve what they get, but that is not the issue. Yelling at anyone is like walking down the street at 2:00am with money hanging out of your pockets. You don't deserve to be mugged, but you likely are going to be, and you would be wise to know and respect that. This all comes under the banner of situational awareness: don't egg on anyone when to do so is not essential to the objective. Handle whatever needs to be handled with tact and wisdom.Forget what someone else did, responding with smart ass remarks or anger is only setting yourself up for something you didn't want to get into. Assume pretty much everyone is on some kind of edge and ready to go nuts.

The guy was wrong, but she was an idiot. Sometimes being an idiot costs more than being wrong.
    ...........thanks for saying this better than I did
    this is one of the reasons that I'm so conflicted by posts in the https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ad-rage-4.html thread indicating how the posters (gun carriers, no less) were so impressed with themselves after "getting even" with an aggressive driver
    let it go, it's just not worth it, and you're never going to teach them the manners their mother never did................. (but you can get yourself killed by trying)
    msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    A lot of blaming the victim here..............

I couldn't watch the video, but maybe all the parking spaces were full??

The jerk who took offense, no excuses. Its assault, plain and simple. Going back the next time to prevent her from getting a picture--at least in Montana, its a separate charge.
    It's assault wherever you go, but the law of three stupids is difficult to overlook.
    Chaplain Scott and kukla like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    Perhaps the victim will eventually learn how to operate the electric windows on her Bimmer...
    If she was driving a Beamer she probably had it coming, judging by the behavior of Beamer drivers around here.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    Fact also is, the woman was in the wrong for parking in what apparently is a traffic lane in a parking lot,
    Technically, because she was stopped but in the vehicle and hadn't left it, she was "standing," which while probably inconsiderate at most but was not necessarily illegal.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    Sounds like my wife. CAN'T KEEP HER BIG MOUTH SHUT. These days it pays to consider the source and maybe bite your tongue. I spend a lot of the winter in Florida. You run into a lot of crazy drivers. Being armed 24/7 I don't want to get in any altercations.
    Best hope your wife doesn't read this forum, then...
    Haywood and Chaplain Scott like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Technically, because she was stopped but in the vehicle and hadn't left it, she was "standing," which while probably inconsiderate at most but was not necessarily illegal.
    .............never said or implied "illegal"
    but, for all we know, she might have been in a "no parking zone" or a "fire lane" (not that it should matter - still wouldn't deserve a punch in the mouth)
    nonetheless, inconsiderate at least
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieFL View Post
    Woman punched by stranger in Cape Coral parking lot - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

According to the news story this guy is very lucky he didn't get shot when he came back the second time. Many, many CWL holders around here !! Thoughts ?
    In Florida, your car is covered by the castle doctrine. It sounds like she was in her car, and he struck her through the window.

We had a similar case few years ago, and the vehicle occupant shot the assailant. The assailant ended up going to jail when he got out of the hospital.
    Chaplain Scott and msgt/ret like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Learning to shoot again : Starting Over

Distinguished Member Array Old Sarge's Avatar
    In another month, all the snowbirds, and snowflakes, will move back to the Northeastern states, where this is a more common practice.
    msgt/ret and EddieFL like this.

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    There are idiots, and then there are flaming IDIOTS!!

The lady was the first, for not being wise enough to deescalate rather than inflame the situation.

The guy was obviously the second kind........
    kukla, msgt/ret and Mike1956 like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Best hope your wife doesn't read this forum, then...
    We've been married 39 1/2 years. Nothing to hide. After that long it's all been said.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links