Appendix Carry - Does anyone do it? - Page 4

Appendix Carry - Does anyone do it?

This is a discussion on Appendix Carry - Does anyone do it? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PrymeTyme37 I do want to mention that I am on a budget. I could save up money for more expensive holsters but ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Appendix Carry - Does anyone do it?

Quote Originally Posted by PrymeTyme37 View Post
    I do want to mention that I am on a budget. I could save up money for more expensive holsters but I would love to get a holster that is more budget friendly but please post any holster that you have used. If possible, links would be appreciated too.
    You are going to find a whole bunch of holsters labeled as Appendix Carry Holsters, that are nothing more than zero degree cant IWB holsters. A zero degree cant holster may or may not work for a small CCW firearm, but will not be optimal, and won't conceal the grip of a service sized pistol or revolver.

You will be better off saving for the correct gear, rather than buying a less expensive AIWB in name only, that doesn't work well.

There is a reason the highly rated AIWB holsters are more expensive than the standard Kydex offerings.
    dben002, OldChap, Rexster and 7 others like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

I do want to mention that I am on a budget. I could save up money for more expensive holsters but I would love to get a holster that is more budget friendly but please post any holster that you have used. If possible, links would be appreciated too.
    You could try these guys as well. I am looking at them myself...You gun may not be listed, so you may have to call them...

https://www.nsrtactical.com/
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

For a j frame sized gun, I use a Relentless Tactical Ultimate Suede holster for AIWB. The clip is all the way up at the top of the holster, so only the grip is exposed. The gun is well hidden and easily accessible with nothing more than a regular t-shirt over it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Appendix Carry - Does anyone do it?

I've gained some weight but I was big when I started to carry AIWB. Texas laws really don't penalize printing. I can honestly say that in most tees I wear, you can see my G17 if your looking for it. If I'm wearing a Magellan fisherman's button down untucked. You'll never notice it. But in 5 years I've never been called out for carrying. (As soon as I can get a new holster for my G26 with a +2 magazine. That will be one totally undetectable EDC to the naked eye)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    matthew03 likes this.
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Clinger Holsters are reasonable, but they have discontinued their Atom. I have a Cry Havoc Grim that I carry everyday.

Distinguished Member
    I use one from Black Rhino for my Shield. I have tried AIWB with my Px4 45 in a belly band. It worked, but was not very comfortable. If I was to carry a double stack pistol I'd get one from DC member mathew03 (Appalachian Concealment)

Appendix Carry - Does anyone do it?-imgp0782-800x531-.jpgAppendix Carry - Does anyone do it?-imgp0785-800x531-.jpgAppendix Carry - Does anyone do it?-imgp0822-800x531-.jpgAppendix Carry - Does anyone do it?-imgp0821-800x531-.jpg
    matthew03 likes this.
    I know little on the subject so I'll speak at length.

If you have an excuse for failure, you will.

^^ thank you, that is very kind.

I've been held up on a restart of Appalachian due to my main career. When my employer straightens out our vendors and I can work normal hours again.... oh, I'll be so happy.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Yes !!! you just have to find the right holster .
    I would say try a few of them . I carry a glock 23 appendix with a conceal express holster and it bothers sometimes because i have grit talon grips so sometimes it rubs (only if driving ). but for me appendix is the way to go ...

If I'm carrying all day, I'll use a bianchi suppression holster at the 3:30 to 4:00 position...But when I'm home, I'll transfer to my appendix holster and keep it on the kitchen counter. Makes it very convenient to grab and clip on, if I'm just making a quick trip to the store or something of that nature

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lockednloaded; April 29th, 2017 at 08:25 PM.

Just recently started experimenting, looking for a better option as the weather gets warmer... Trial runs with a Glock 19 as well as a Shield 45 in a deSantis Inside Heat holster. Very happy with the way it fits, hides, and rides; now to get more serious about practicing presentation from this mode...

GUARDIAN INSIDE THE WAISTBAND HOLSTER - MATTE BLACK - Badger Concealment

This is how I carry my Walther PPS. Your XDs should carry very much the same.
    The key, however is to have a quality gun belt with enough lateral stiffness to support the weight of a pistol and possibly a reload.
    Chuypaco likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

This is the one I use for my Shield. Very comfortable for me and super easy on/off. For $28, it's hard to find a better holster at the price.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Glock 19 Glock 26 Springfield Armory XDS .45 Kahr CM9 S&W Shield 9MM

GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Some of the Shops I have been to have a box full of used Holsters. They let customers look through them pick what they want and sell them cheap.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Senior Member Array GreenMan0352's Avatar
    I do not Apendix carry but I have. Its comfortable but I just worry about shooting my femoral artery or my favorite male appendage. I know finger placement and and all the weapon safety spiel but still for me I'm more comfortable with hip carry only for those two reasons.

@GreenMan0352 if one plans on shooting oneself, then 3:00 is probably a less severe wound (glute, outer quad, claf, ankle ). The goal is to not shoot oneself, so as you stated, proper holster technique will keep you safe.
    Psalm 144:1

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links