National CCW Law - Page 8

National CCW Law

This is a discussion on National CCW Law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TommyGunn Good Morning, denclaste, There are a few things in life that at lost from lack of use. Your RV might be ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: National CCW Law

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Good Morning, denclaste,

There are a few things in life that at lost from lack of use. Your RV might be protected by the 4th Amendment. Your RV is in essence your home thus requiring a search warrant prior to search. I'd check with a criminal defense attorney to make sure.
    That only works in certain states, certainly not uniformly in all 50.
    AzQkr, bmcgilvray and OldVet like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    It's funny that you refer to California as the happiest place on earth, yet here you are wanting to be more like the states many of us live in, and none of us want our state to be more like yours.
    TommyGunn was referring to "The Happiest Place on Earth", not California. While the location this phrase refers to is in California, it's not California itself.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    TommyGunn was referring to "The Happiest Place on Earth", not California. While the location this phrase refers to is in California, it's not California itself.
    Not only that, the aforementioned "Happiest Place on Earth" wishes us to disarm prior to visiting.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - T. Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge65 View Post
    Not only that, the aforementioned "Happiest Place on Earth" wishes us to disarm prior to visiting.
    True. I was simply clarifying that "Happiest Place on Earth" was not California, nor a state of the Union.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    i normally don't like to speak for other people, but I think I can safely assume that we ALL want to be able to carry in each state. But it almost seems as if you are arguing with yourself here. You are right that SCOTUS could be a problem, but do you honestly think any national carry bill will not end up in the courts somehow? I firmly believe we DO need a SCOTUS ruling on national carry, but for the reasons you stated, I don't want our current SCOTUS to be the ones to rule on it.
    You seem adamant beyond reason to have a national concealed carry law, which is much different than reciprocity, in front of the supreme court. You had darn well be careful of what you wish for because you just might get it.

The court has no ability to void a valid law that is consistent with the United States Constitution. But that means nothing since the court has assumed role of our oligarchy. It has a long and sullied history of acting illegally. The story behind the story is that the last justice to be impeached was Samuel Chase in the early 19th century. The only rational conclusion one could draw from that fact is that justices are encouraged by congress to steal our liberties with impunity.

There is a reason that ~70% of Americans do not trust the American "justice" system.

If you get a case in front on the court and it opines that Madison meant the Second Amendment as a collective right, kiss your guns goodbye.

Hugo Black should have been impeached when he lied about separation of church and state in Everson. America's Fifth Column want God removed from government, us conditioned to believe our Founding Fathers created a secular nation, and free rein to assimilate America into the New World Order. And Americans are too dumb to figure out that they're enslaving themselves.

The supreme court is no friend of the Second Amendment. It has become our oligarchy with full protection from congress, and completely servile to our plutocracy or ruling elite.

Why hasn't Paul Ryan initiated impeachment proceedings against judges who have illegally interfered with President Trump's executive branch prerogatives? Neither court had jurisdiction to hear either case. And you think Paul Ryan will protect and defend our Second Amendment rights? Paul Ryan is a stooge for America's ruling elite. He'll take your guns more quickly than Diane Feinstein.
    Last edited by TommyGunn; June 9th, 2017 at 04:13 PM.

This topic has just about been wrung through the debate ringer.

I'm not sure of the motives of some posters. But rest assured, reciprocity is an illusion. States would be able to deny Second Amendment rights capriciously. Reciprocity guarantees not a damned thing.

My advice is to go with national carry. Force the NRA to endorse national carry. National carry IS THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL BE ASSURED OF BEING LEGALLY ABLE TO CARRY A HANDGUN ANYWHERE THE AMERICAN FLAG FLIES.

Resorting to what one assumes the supreme court might do is spurious. No one knows what the court might do. I do know that I'd trust a Mojave green before I'd trust the supreme court to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. Regardless, cutting off your nose spite your face is reasoning of fools. Pass national carry law. We'll worry about what the court might do if it ever agrees to accept a challenge to lawfully enacted legislation that is 100% consistent with the United States Constitution. If the court were to agree to hear such a case, and doubt about it being a neutral and fair arbiter of law would be dispelled.

Most Americans have no clue that our Founding Fathers created a country in which We, the People are sovereign, not the government, especially the damned supreme court, which AG Sessions ought to prosecute for RICO. The supreme court has no power over us. We have power over it. The supreme court has absolutely no ability to enforce its agenda. It must rely upon the executive branch to enforce its agenda. President Trump is not obligated to enforce supreme court agendas, especially illegal ones. Worchester v Georgia is worth at least a cursory look.

BTW, the most powerful person in any country is he who controls its military. While our president is commander-in-chief, he remains so as long as our military acquiesces to his agenda. Were a president to issue an order that contravenes military ethics, he'd be powerless to do a damned thing if the military refused to obey. What could he do? Send the FBI to arrest US generals and admirals? Yeah, right. Besides, the FBI would assuredly side with the military if the order was illegal.

The three hardest words for people to sat are, "I was wrong." I know who'll use the most spurious of illusory justifications to avoid having to admit that his trail leads to a boxed canyon.

Research national carry, then make a decision. There is a very good reason why it's gaining momentum. I predict that it will very shortly vanquish reciprocity, for national carry will leave states impotent to interfere with federal law. 18 USC 242 is controlling: no local jurisdiction would be able to interfere with national carry lest they risk prosecution for committing a federal felony. Hence a state prosecutor would face federal felony charges were he to attempt to deny rights accorded under national carry law.

Measure twice, cut once. It might be the only cut you'll be accorded.

As many states go towards constitutional carry, I think you will find that the only people in favor of a national carry law are people like yourself. And I dont think youre going to make too many friends pushing to ruin those rights for the rest of the country.
    Nakyak likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Just remember....you will NEVER get any truth if you watch the Main Stream Media with its agenda-driven BS and lies.
    rellimpank and The Old Anglo like this.
    "The great object is that every man be armed."
    Patrick Henry

NRA Benefactor Member
    USCG Veteran

Distinguished Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    This topic has just about been wrung through the debate ringer.

I'm not sure of the motives of some posters. But rest assured, reciprocity is an illusion. States would be able to deny Second Amendment rights capriciously. Reciprocity guarantees not a damned thing.

My advice is to go with national carry. Force the NRA to endorse national carry. National carry IS THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL BE ASSURED OF BEING LEGALLY ABLE TO CARRY A HANDGUN ANYWHERE THE AMERICAN FLAG FLIES.

Resorting to what one assumes the supreme court might do is spurious. No one knows what the court might do. I do know that I'd trust a Mojave green before I'd trust the supreme court to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. Regardless, cutting off your nose spite your face is reasoning of fools. Pass national carry law. We'll worry about what the court might do if it ever agrees to accept a challenge to lawfully enacted legislation that is 100% consistent with the United States Constitution. If the court were to agree to hear such a case, and doubt about it being a neutral and fair arbiter of law would be dispelled.

Most Americans have no clue that our Founding Fathers created a country in which We, the People are sovereign, not the government, especially the damned supreme court, which AG Sessions ought to prosecute for RICO. The supreme court has no power over us. We have power over it. The supreme court has absolutely no ability to enforce its agenda. It must rely upon the executive branch to enforce its agenda. President Trump is not obligated to enforce supreme court agendas, especially illegal ones. Worchester v Georgia is worth at least a cursory look.

BTW, the most powerful person in any country is he who controls its military. While our president is commander-in-chief, he remains so as long as our military acquiesces to his agenda. Were a president to issue an order that contravenes military ethics, he'd be powerless to do a damned thing if the military refused to obey. What could he do? Send the FBI to arrest US generals and admirals? Yeah, right. Besides, the FBI would assuredly side with the military if the order was illegal.

The three hardest words for people to sat are, "I was wrong." I know who'll use the most spurious of illusory justifications to avoid having to admit that his trail leads to a boxed canyon.

Research national carry, then make a decision. There is a very good reason why it's gaining momentum. I predict that it will very shortly vanquish reciprocity, for national carry will leave states impotent to interfere with federal law. 18 USC 242 is controlling: no local jurisdiction would be able to interfere with national carry lest they risk prosecution for committing a federal felony. Hence a state prosecutor would face federal felony charges were he to attempt to deny rights accorded under national carry law.

Measure twice, cut once. It might be the only cut you'll be accorded.
    Right on Tommy!
    "The great object is that every man be armed."
    Patrick Henry

NRA Benefactor Member
    USCG Veteran

--without getting into the constitutional issue of states rights , if a nation reciprocity law was to pass, in the present political climate, the highly restrictive states (California and New York specifically and probably Connecticut , maybe not New Jersey) would simply refuse to abide by it--after all, with Governor Moonbeam Brown of California now conducting his own foreign policy in direct violation of the Constitution why would one expect him to abide by a national reciprocity law?

--what I am saying , is while I would like to be able to exercise my right to carry in any state, I will not attempt to be the first test case of a Nevadan strolling abut openly armed into California or New York even if a national reciprocity law passes--
    Havok likes this.

That is why I carry concealed when in California. What they don't know won't hurt me. Because of LEOSA it is legal for me to carry in all 50 states, but in states like IL; NY & CA, I carry a pocket gun that is easy to conceal.
    rellimpank likes this.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

The Free state of New Hampshire (Southeast)
    Quote Originally Posted by rellimpank View Post
    --without getting into the constitutional issue of states rights , if a nation reciprocity law was to pass, in the present political climate, the highly restrictive states (California and New York specifically and probably Connecticut , maybe not New Jersey) would simply refuse to abide by it--after all, with Governor Moonbeam Brown of California now conducting his own foreign policy in direct violation of the Constitution why would one expect him to abide by a national reciprocity law?

--what I am saying , is while I would like to be able to exercise my right to carry in any state, I will not attempt to be the first test case of a Nevadan strolling abut openly armed into California or New York even if a national reciprocity law passes--

Even if it does pass (National Reciprocity or National CCW law) they will be in the court of appeals for the next 10 years or more. Also, if it passes, 4 years later it can be amended to something horrible.

As much as I love the idea of it, realisticaly, I just don't see it ever coming to what we all want.. Calif, Mass, NY etc have all been allowed to infringe on our rigths so the precident has been set and like someone said, they will just ignore the law and send folks to jail that try to exercise it.
    rellimpank likes this.
    U.S. Navy Retired - RM/ITC(SW) / 1982-2002
    USS Edward McDonnell (FF-1043) / USS Pegasus (PHM-1) / USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70)
    Sig P938/P238 Equinox, Sig P320C RX

I'm all for national constitutional carry. To be against would be anti-gun. Also no place off limits.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Maggie sighting LOL!
    Havok likes this.

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjones View Post
    I'm all for national constitutional carry. To be against would be anti-gun. Also no place off limits.
    Agreed...Amen!!. Now let`s make it happen by Voting out ALL who are against!.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links